Metal Storm logo
Decapitated

Original post

Posted by SteTech, 17.05.2006 - 12:14
I recently aquired this Polish death metal band's newest album, Organic Hallucinosis, and I love it. I'm not a big fan of raw death metal, but this one is great. Might look into their other stuff as well
01.12.2006 - 12:17
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Decapitated - New Interview Available:

Decapitated have spent the last three months on tour throughout North America.
On a stop in NYC at B.B. Kings, singer Covan sat down to speak with the crew at MetalInjection.com about the hectic life of a touring band, the new Decapitated CD Organic Halucinosis, and a myriad of other interesting topics! Decapitated are rounding out their US tour and will be heading back to Poland to celebrate their triumphant 10 year anniversary with a headlining event in Krosno, Poland.
Check out the MetalInjection interview with Covan here.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
02.12.2006 - 15:25
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Just watched the video for 'Day 69' ... man, it should come with a warning before hand. With all the quick changes and flashing of the camera getting different captions, could cause you to have an epileptic fit haha . But good video, only thing i wanted to see on it was solo on the guitar to be shown which it was. I liked it, though i missed the last 5-10 seconds because the buffering stuffed up.

@pyroleprechaun, even on the video i see what you mean by his presence with his hair over his face. Even on the video it looked cool, love to see he live more though lol
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.12.2006 - 17:27
Sunioj
I like Organic Hallucinosis, but I miss Saurons voice, not that the vocals are shit, but Saurons voice is classic. But hey, if people say they sound almost a step away on stage, then I shouldnt be complaining.
31.05.2007 - 13:30
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Geez, had to go to the 13th page to find the bands thread, dissappointing.

Saw them last thursday when they supported Nile, they were excellent to say the least. Set list was full of my favourites and so glad they included stuff from the Winds Of Creation album which is my favourite. Finally understand what some of you have been saying about the stage presents Coven brings, specially when his hair goes over his face and looks quite "evil".

Funny thing half way through their set, one guy crowd surfing made his way to the edge of the stage and Coven pulled the guy up and then he jumped back off. Then the next few songs security came on the sides of the stage, guess the guys up front didnt see them but from where we were we could see all. A couple of guys jumped on the stage and the secruity grabbed them and throw them out the exit side doors near the stage. Most of the crowd around me gave a bit of a laugh when it happened, was hilarious haha.

Didnt hear anyhting new from them, but OH only came out last year so my hopes on that were a little stretched. Even from how far back we were, the intensity of them was amazing (or maybe it was the fact that Im used to small bars, haha).

EDIT: Hahaha, change the vocalists name around. Their correct now.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
31.05.2007 - 22:06
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
*Dundun-dundun dun-dun dundundun dundundun dundun-dundun dun-dun dun dun dun dun dun* Lol, Spheres of Madness intro for the win!

With that out of the way, I so far have Winds and Nihility. Sweet albums and band. For Covan, he's not bad! I like his vocals from the OH Decapitated songs I've heard. Should pick up that and The Negation soon.
31.05.2007 - 22:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Quote:
A couple of guys jumped on the stage and the secruity grabbed them and throw them out the exit side doors near the stage. Most of the crowd around me gave a bit of a laugh when it happened, was hilarious hahap

Out of the entire venue? In other words, no longer able to see the bands?

That's going a bit far if you ask me.. usually they just throw them back in the crowd. Though, there is of course a danger.. :

And Decapitated are great, though I haven't listened to them in a great while. Their Slayer cover rules!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.05.2007 - 22:15
Sunioj
Covan suits the sound of Hallucinogenesis, his voice on voice 69 and even the video kicks a good load of ass. Theres some strange chord intervals and structure on the newest album though, its pretty solid, but I have to be in a patient mood to listen to it.
01.06.2007 - 04:49
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Lucas on 31.05.2007 at 22:14

Quote:
A couple of guys jumped on the stage and the secruity grabbed them and throw them out the exit side doors near the stage. Most of the crowd around me gave a bit of a laugh when it happened, was hilarious hahap

Out of the entire venue? In other words, no longer able to see the bands?

That's going a bit far if you ask me.. usually they just throw them back in the crowd. Though, there is of course a danger.. :

They throw out a couple of people, the others they just rammed back into the pit. Haha, think that was funnier, one of the security owned at catapulting one guy head first into the brutality.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
18.06.2007 - 20:38
Infurnace
They are IMO the best Technical Death Metal band around. The new "Organic Hallucinosis" cd kicks fuckin' ass. I've listened to Day 69 over and over again.
19.06.2007 - 15:21
Sunioj
Written by Infurnace on 18.06.2007 at 20:38

They are IMO the best Technical Death Metal band around. The new "Organic Hallucinosis" cd kicks fuckin' ass. I've listened to Day 69 over and over again.

I think its one of the best songs they ever made, but they have alot of good songs and for me, alot of that comes off winds of creation...Crazy album..
19.06.2007 - 15:56
Infurnace
Written by Sunioj on 19.06.2007 at 15:21

Written by Infurnace on 18.06.2007 at 20:38

I think its one of the best songs they ever made, but they have alot of good songs and for me, alot of that comes off winds of creation...Crazy album..

Yes, I agree with you. "Winds Of Creation" is one of the best debut albums ever made. Songs like The Eye Of Horus, Nine Steps and The First Damned are real killer.
22.06.2007 - 07:00
6stringedDemon
Account deleted
I had trouble getting used to the new singer but after a few listens i adapted it .................... I saw them live i think a week before organic hallucinations came out and the singer sounded just like Sauron on stage, he has various types of vocals and the new one is original so i like it ........Winds of Creation is still my favorite those vocals are fucking monstrous
22.06.2007 - 10:52
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 22.06.2007 at 07:00

I had trouble getting used to the new singer but after a few listens i adapted it .................... I saw them live i think a week before organic hallucinations came out and the singer sounded just like Sauron on stage, he has various types of vocals and the new one is original so i like it ........Winds of Creation is still my favorite those vocals are fucking monstrous

Im so jealous. But Im curious, what setlist do they usually have at shows? And this question is for all too...Im curious to see what songs they play at there shows...
22.06.2007 - 11:38
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@Hellraizer: When I saw them this year, they mixed their setlist up a fair bit play 2-3 tracks from each album with more coming from OH. Was really happy with the what they played because I prefer their earlier albums, and Sauron pulls off the growls that Coven did - not in the same way of coarse, but almost as good.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
22.06.2007 - 14:56
Stigmatized
When I saw them on the 4th, they played a varied setlist, but it was really short. Cephalic Carnage played for about an hour and Decapitated for maybe 40 minutes.
25.06.2007 - 14:33
Atrej
It's funny that our (polish) bands like Vader, Behemoth, Decapitated are more famous in other countries
----
http://www.metalzine.pl
11.07.2007 - 13:52
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Just for informations, vocalist Covan of Decapitated reportedly told fans that his band will hit the road as direct support to Amon Amarth on the Swedish group's first U.S. headlining tour this November.
11.07.2007 - 14:20
__Az__
Written by Atrej on 25.06.2007 at 14:33

It's funny that our (polish) bands like Vader, Behemoth, Decapitated are more famous in other countries

Ha, yeah, I wouldnt really know because Ive never been to Poland. But I can theyre they are three amazing bands.

Three of my very favourite bands aswell.
24.07.2007 - 18:30
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I love Decapitated, theyre one of my favs, i have Nihility, The Negation and OH but i need that goddamn Winds of Creation, everyone keeps saying its amazing, though when i go to record stores (hmv), its the only one thats never on the shelf, kind of odd. Hope to see them live one day, if Excalibur says theyre supporting Amon Amarth for north america, im totally there:banger:
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
02.08.2007 - 17:28
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
I saw this band about 3 months ago they were awesome!
18.10.2007 - 00:52
Lord TJ
I love the song "The Fury", makes me picture a giant mosh pit somewhere lol.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
01.11.2007 - 22:13
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Sad news about the band, with the following update which was posted on Earache's website:

"Two members of Decapitated have been seriously injured in a road accident involving their tour bus and a truck carrying wood in Gomel, on the Russia/Belarus border.
Vocalist Covan and drummer Vitek sustained serious head injuries as a result of the accident, and are to be taken 550km from Gomel to Moscow for emergency treatment.
All other members of the touring party are not reported to be seriously hurt.
Our thoughts are with all members of the tour at this time."

News posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 here.
02.11.2007 - 01:30
baldur
Written by White Winter Sun on 01.11.2007 at 22:13

Sad news about the band, with the following update which was posted on Earache's website:

"Two members of Decapitated have been seriously injured in a road accident involving their tour bus and a truck carrying wood in Gomel, on the Russia/Belarus border.
Vocalist Covan and drummer Vitek sustained serious head injuries as a result of the accident, and are to be taken 550km from Gomel to Moscow for emergency treatment.
All other members of the touring party are not reported to be seriously hurt.
Our thoughts are with all members of the tour at this time."

News posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 here.

oh man that sucks hope they will get healthy again
02.11.2007 - 14:27
Mazarine
One of them - Vitek (drummer) died today...
rest in peace Vitek... [']
02.11.2007 - 14:34
k4Mil
R.I.P. Vitek:(
We'll miss you!
    02.11.2007 - 14:41
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by k4Mil on 02.11.2007 at 14:34

R.I.P. Vitek:(
    We'll miss you!

• Where did you read it? post link no metter even in polish langauge?

better riots in Wisla vs Legia like old days how he died
    ----
    I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
    apos;'
    [image]
    I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
    02.11.2007 - 14:47
    baldur
    it may sound ignorant and false to ask but what about the tour dates they will be canceled wont they?
    02.11.2007 - 14:50
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by baldur on 02.11.2007 at 14:47

it may sound ignorant and false to ask but what about the tour dates they will be canceled wont they?

If its true tahy will but since i cant find any info I dont belive to it
    ----

apos;'
    [image]
    02.11.2007 - 14:55
    k4Mil
    02.11.2007 - 14:56
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    ----

apos;'
    [image]