07. Medieval
08. Traitor
09. There Days
10. Pendulum
11. Rebirth
12. Raining Blood [Slayer cover] [re-release]
13. Tangled Web We Weave [re-release]
14. Outro [re-release]

The American music industry is one of the largest in the world, but when it comes to Metal, it's one of the smallest, much of the "heavier" bands from the state plays in the league between Metal and Pop, often called Nu-Metal, or Hardcore.
I know that peoples opinions are divined here, "Nu-Metal and Hardcore is no the same", "Nu-Metal & Hardcore is Metal" and so on.
But for me it's the same, commercial dung.

Diecast is a quite new addition to that "genre"; their music is very influenced of bands like Hatebreed and Shadows Fall, and this is yet their second album.
And it has not anything to do with Metal, even if I can agree that they are closer to Metal than their playmates in the Nu-Metal scene, but they are still not Metal.

The music is fast and could sometimes be listen-able if the boring and annoying screaming vocals disappeared and some more melodies were added. The mixed between screamy and some clear vocals don't give us anything new, and if you're not a die-hard fan of this kind of music, you can easily past by and forget about Diecast.

But there is one thing I want to prise here, and it has nothing to do about the music or the vocals, it's the cover.
The US cover was a boring history, a blue-kind one with just a tree on, but this is different; it's a masterpiece, a beautiful creation.
I just wish the music were somewhere near the same class as the cover.

Check Out: There are none of these songs I can recommend for you, check out the whole album or just forget about it.

Written by Malcolm | 20.11.2004

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 19 users
27.05.2009 - 16:20
Rating: 7
Xeros612

Decent, listenable album, but somewhat boring what with the monotone screams and often-played simpler than needed riffs. Highlights include Medieval and Fire/Damage.

Hits total: 2891 | This month: 9