Metal Storm logo
The Awesome Beer Thread

Original post

Posted by Deadmeat, 28.05.2009 - 16:38
After making a poll with having only 8 possible choices I decided that it would be better to have a Beer topic. So, tell us what's your favorite beer, why it is and give us all the necessary information about it so that we can try it when we have the chance.

So, keep on the discussion about this great drink called Beer!

As for me, I've already wrote it: Erdinger (i don't know much about it's short etc) is the best. It is a beer that kneeds in your bottle and it tastes great!
12.10.2014 - 12:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Esgeea on 12.10.2014 at 11:30

Although I think it shouldn't even be named "beer", Guinness is by far my favourite. Especially when I drank it in Ireland... I wanted to buy other local beers but I simply couldn't because every single time my brain was saying "Guinness" ) Luckly I had friends that let me taste their beers )

Ireland has like 10 stouts maybe 12 and its hard to get those even there
Guinness, Murfies, then Beamish and Killkanney (what is not a stout) other is maybe possible get in some 2 pubs in Dublin or some super market on some acations .... and this is sad actually
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.10.2014 - 17:17
Esgeea
Here in Bucharest (Romania) it almost becamed a trend, 2-3 years ago, that many so called irish pubs were opened. So they have some irish drinks.. although they don't even respect the art of pouring Guinness or they don't play some good music, but it's nice. We also have a place that it's called 100 Beers where you can drink lots of foreign beers which is pretty cool.
12.10.2014 - 18:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Esgeea on 12.10.2014 at 17:17

Here in Bucharest (Romania) it almost becamed a trend, 2-3 years ago, that many so called irish pubs were opened. So they have some irish drinks.. although they don't even respect the art of pouring Guinness or they don't play some good music, but it's nice. We also have a place that it's called 100 Beers where you can drink lots of foreign beers which is pretty cool.

irish pubs are more less unique they sell more less other nations beers as well and I hope that place are good, because I hope there can be bought many types of beers not piss lagers n pilseners
----

apos;'
[image]
12.10.2014 - 18:41
Esgeea
Unfortunately most of those pubs I was talking about are not quite awesome,I think and it seems that their main idea is to sell beer at a higher price rather than showing some irish feeling. They are nice though, but they could have a better atention for details.
12.10.2014 - 19:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Esgeea on 12.10.2014 at 18:41

Unfortunately most of those pubs I was talking about are not quite awesome,I think and it seems that their main idea is to sell beer at a higher price rather than showing some irish feeling. They are nice though, but they could have a better atention for details.

its everywhere diferebt and good beer costs, because only piss lager is cheap
I drink at home anyway , I don't need pub to get real beer
----

apos;'
[image]
12.10.2014 - 19:57
Esgeea
Our local beers are cheaper, but they are good usualy Guinness is 3 times the price of a "normal" beer in our pubs. That's not the reason I love it though )
12.10.2014 - 20:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Esgeea on 12.10.2014 at 19:57

Our local beers are cheaper, but they are good usualy Guinness is 3 times the price of a "normal" beer in our pubs. That's not the reason I love it though )

Ro beer are to me piss lager n pilsener
No stouts, porters, ales (all its types), rauchbiers, quartderupels and so on
----

apos;'
[image]
26.10.2014 - 23:51
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
I really love and miss Rickard's Red

28.10.2014 - 02:34
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
DAB spelled backwards is B-A-D.

One of my least favorite German beers.

Still on a diet of Fullers (ESB, IPA), Estrella, Patagonia, Hacker-Pschorr and big, cheap bottles of Brahma.

Heading to Buenos Aires next month, maybe they'll have access to better. (At least they have awesome wine.)
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.10.2014 - 03:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 28.10.2014 at 02:34

DAB spelled backwards is B-A-D.

One of my least favorite German beers.

Still on a diet of Fullers (ESB, IPA), Estrella, Patagonia, Hacker-Pschorr and big, cheap bottles of Brahma.

Heading to Buenos Aires next month, maybe they'll have access to better. (At least they have awesome wine.)

unless you wont bump into good specifically beer store, I don't give you high hopes from local beers.
As far our MS user from San Diago has posted in Chile you can get good Europian ones
----

apos;'
[image]
29.10.2014 - 03:18
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Chimay.

Now that is what you call a damn good beer! I haven't drank that since I went to Europe in 2008! yesterday after work, I drove to a fancy liquor store which sells exotic beers and wines and was so happy to see it. The Belgians have a talent for brewing beer, they give the Germans competition.
29.10.2014 - 04:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 29.10.2014 at 03:18

Chimay.

Now that is what you call a damn good beer! I haven't drank that since I went to Europe in 2008! yesterday after work, I drove to a fancy liquor store which sells exotic beers and wines and was so happy to see it. The Belgians have a talent for brewing beer, they give the Germans competition.

Good morning .... good german beer s hard to get, because piss lager and pilsener is crap , bocks, altbiers, rauchbiers, kelelr biers ... kölsh , maijbocks , märzen mostly are not for export, well there are and even good ones, but only what is good mainstream is hefe weizen and dunkel weizen .... America, Belgium, UK, Scandi ... all make good beers, depends what beers you are drinking
----

apos;'
[image]
08.11.2014 - 01:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
St- Peters Winter Ale
what I like about St P beer its bottle and old school primitive simple label on
Marcel once said something about chemicals (I don't recall ) but I do like cream stout (compare to availability and other beers around good % , and price, but not best stout , there are many better) ,
Winter ale, I like % also dark brown almost black color, but same time it has some weird taste, after taste, same as stout has, 1th time I feel it when different style beers taste same, so Marcel was wright. Same time if I need hang around whit mainstream beers and this, I pick this, its still possible to drink , seasonal ale, strong ale, and its price, and availability, at this time of the year, but if I be richer I maybe bought one or 2 bottles per season, not bad , but there are batters, and what makes it week is that weird taste, same as stout, I need try others, maybe they have same?
But still better this as Carslberg or pilseners

----

apos;'
[image]
11.11.2014 - 01:43
Mercyful_Kate
We just got Great Lakes' Christmas Ale on tap at my bar. It's spectacular...super roasty and goes well with desserts.
11.11.2014 - 02:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 11.11.2014 at 01:43

We just got Great Lakes' Christmas Ale on tap at my bar. It's spectacular...super roasty and goes well with desserts. [

How strong is it?
----

apos;'
[image]
11.11.2014 - 02:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 11.11.2014 at 02:27

We just got Great Lakes' Christmas Ale on tap at my bar. It's spectacular...super roasty and goes well with desserts. [

How strong is it?

who cares? as long as it tastes good. Jeez.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.11.2014 - 11:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.11.2014 at 02:51

How strong is it?

well in cold winter day stronger beer is better , but cool climate conditions as you and she lives, ppl never will understand
----

apos;'
[image]
11.11.2014 - 16:44
Mercyful_Kate
Written by Bad English on 11.11.2014 at 11:21

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.11.2014 at 02:51

How strong is it?

well in cold winter day stronger beer is better , but cool climate conditions as you and she lives, ppl never will understand

It's pretty high...7.5%. I'm usually not the biggest fan of really high alcohol beers, as I think they're usually overly sweet and malty to compensate for the alcohol flavor. This one, however, is delicious.
11.11.2014 - 18:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 11.11.2014 at 16:44

It's pretty high...7.5%. I'm usually not the biggest fan of really high alcohol beers, as I think they're usually overly sweet and malty to compensate for the alcohol flavor. This one, however, is delicious.

4% and such beers are rare what taste good, most has piss water, brits can make good weak beers, but mainly others are bad. In winter since its cold I prefere high alcohol volume and good rare beer can be good also whit high, but its more less not meant to drink a lot as Guinness and such types
----

apos;'
[image]
13.11.2014 - 23:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Jämtlands Julöl 2014 6,5%

Well I dont like say 2014 edition since every year its same beer, seasonal, not like some
each year thay make some diferent, this has same taste
I like it good brown ale, strong ale, good winter drink, same time I am buying those
every year and now its like routine to me, good, but it became to ordinary to me
I still like it and I will buy every year
I like its dark color.

Fuller's Old Winter Ale 2014 5,4%

Typical British low alcohol level (for winter ale, Americans and Scandinavians will made stronger)
but it dont ruin taste at all, good strong ale, brown coulor, bitter taste
I will buy it every year not so much because I like to try new beers as well , but more new
you buy less and less you understand what are good and what are bad, more tastes, more tro think
total chaos ... but Fullers Imperial Stout, London Porter and this is great, other beers , don't know don't remember
but not all I like

----

apos;'
[image]
19.11.2014 - 01:40
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout.

I love this one! The alcohol % isn't particularly high, but it actually does taste like chocolate, it's amazing.

19.11.2014 - 02:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.11.2014 at 01:40

Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout.

I love this one! The alcohol % isn't particularly high, but it actually does taste like chocolate, it's amazing.

non of british beers even what americans would make stronger are high alcoholic %
anyway I remember chocolate stout , damn Marcel know what I mean, if he remainds me .. it was 5% as well, but good one, good taste and so om . it was awesome
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2014 - 14:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Kissmeyer Smokey Oktober 7.5% - Double Bock Denmark

Hard to talk about this , I see negative and positive
negative, well head is to week, vanishes after short time, (I know Rauhcbier has 100% roasted/smoked malt), how much has this% Smell is week, I mean smoked smell, don't hold so long, taste stands but smoked taste disappears and good is that beer taste stays whole time.
Good is red color, also interesting flavor, as double bock, strong one, good effect, decent autumn, winter beer and still has smoked
Will I drink it , well if you're buying YES, since its like September, oktober I doubt I will get it this year, will I buy more, well next year yes, I will , hopefully

Jacobsen Golden Naked Christmas Ale 7,5%
This is under Carlsberg, Jacobsen series are best what Carlsberg ever do
I don't get , standdart they made some piss beer what taste as piss, why not make year around such good ale?
Why I think this beer has some chestnut taste?
I like thos bottle 0.7L , I think beer bottles must be bigger like this, I don't like smaller, well better take big one drink it slowly, it will last longer as 2 smaller ones
Same time I don't get why ppl are so possessed about wine? well its better whit beer, beer has character as well even more diferent taste variations as wine, red, white, sweet, dry, old world dry blabla, same... beer has own character, more beer be underrated , better, it will be cheaper so folks drink wine please

----

apos;'
[image]
21.11.2014 - 02:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dugges Xmass Idjit , Imperial Stout 9,5 % Sweden
To be honest I don't know difference between ordinary limited edition imperial stout and xmass, seems they put nowadays name and cell in xmass time
I like it , well comparing whit oatmeal stout and also taste what has YETI stout where you can feel extremely roasted malt, here is softer one , but it don't make not bad, good, I like it, actually you can take it more.. I swear I can drink this whole life long ... same time there are no bad stout, king of beers, aristocracy of beers , same time underdogs as well, not many people drinks it and its good, better chances to be as they are and not change for mainstream taste.

----

apos;'
[image]
30.11.2014 - 04:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Amager/Grassroots Shadow Pictures 8% Double IPA , Denmark 2014

Awesome beer, DIPA and IPA, not much difference, only alcoholically % great hoppy smell and taste, great head , never have seen so good looking head in the IPA's
Seems its some rare limited edition beer, can not find info about it , even in brewery home page
anyway I want more, I love it. My 1th DIPA ever

----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2014 - 21:57
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Apparently there are university degrees in Berlin which are about Brewery! awesome !
----
The Fangirl.
05.12.2014 - 14:23
toxx
Supreme being
So, this has recently been launched here in Norway! I know I'm gonna try it! apparently 13,49% as well

07.12.2014 - 19:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nörge Ö - Undelig Jul 6,5% - Ale, Norway
In store I read its ale, then I google it and it says glögg beer, damn I hate glögg and I was so nervouse because I spend money , but I open it damn it has ale smell, glögg smell and also something from imprelial porter as well, same taste and I was sup surprise , now I want moor, good winter beer whit great taste, I never knew it will be so awesome, I am positively surprised
I love such kind ales, somehow reminds me old school homemade beers from old days when there was no government what banned shits and ask you pay taxes

Midtfyns Jule Stout - 7,6% stout, Denmark
Great Denish stout, smell, head, richful head, and taste what last forever, no matter warm, cold, 1 min in the bottle, 1 h in a bottle, same in a glass, great beer, taste same from bottle and glass.
Love it

----

apos;'
[image]
07.12.2014 - 21:56
Joppe
Steelemeister
Having Founder's All Day IPA, never heard of this one before. Definitely one of my new favorites
----
My vision is augmented
09.12.2014 - 02:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hornbeer - Russian Imperial Stout , 8,1 % Denmark

To be honest I have drink to many stouts, imperial stouts to judge this, typical stout taste roasted malt, strong taste , but head was little bit more as ordinary head between ordinary and Guinness draught head , tasty, creamy
But also longer it stands, more taste I loose, and and more you need in a mouth palate to feel taste,

----

apos;'
[image]