Metal Storm logo
Favorite Acoustic Guitar Songs

Original post

Posted by Visioneerie, 28.05.2009 - 17:07
Everyone has their personal favorite acoustic songs that they enjoy listening to while taking a break from all the brutality and intensity our metal brains absorb everyday. Acoustic ballads can even inspire us musicians when we are drained of energy from playing all those physically and mentally demanding riffs, solos, SONGS !

So I'm asking you to post your favorite acoustic guitar songs right here without any restrictions as to what genre it falls into, as long as it's ... shit i don't know ... acoustic !

Patterns in the Ivy - Opeth (a good old minor key acoustic song accompanied with a great jazzy piano, doesn't last long but it truly has alot of feeling)

Trains - Porcupine Tree (another great relaxing song to lay back and listen to, beware the banjo in this song motherfuckers)

Ivich - Al Stewart (this one i've known through my dad who listens to this great guitarist quite often, this should send shivers down your spine, quite old material i think, 70's, 80's ?)

Three Hours - Nick Drake (practically a 7 minute long acoustic song, very good, another very talented guitarist)

[Untitled] - Pelican (well to bad this one doesn't have a name but a great one nonetheless, you all know Pelican for their very ambient and refreshing sound, so don't miss this one)

Mine is the Grandeur - Dark Tranquillity (truthfully this is on a nylon string (classical) guitar but i won't restrain myself from putting it here, because it's a great uplifting classical/folk acoustic piece)

Classical Gas - Mason Williams (i would hope that most of you know this one, what an inspirational piece of work it is, i like it better without the symphony)

The Mirror - Spooky Tooth (this is an old one also, that i warm up to on the acoustic guitar quite often)

These are all great songs to me and all of them should be taken into account. So there you have it, this should keep you busy as a listener or even as a guitarist, enjoy !

Throw me back some more acoustics and tell me what you think about these ones as well.
23.07.2011 - 19:39
fabregassed
Account deleted
I quite like some of Rise Against's acoustic songs. Especially "Everychanging" and "Swing Life Away"
06.08.2011 - 18:11
Abattoir
Staff
Written by Guest on 23.07.2011 at 19:39

I quite like some of Rise Against's acoustic songs. Especially "Everychanging" and "Swing Life Away"

Good taste....my favourite one would be probably "Hero Of War".
26.08.2011 - 07:52
Glaucus
In Flames - Acoustic Medley...

Haha, OBVIOUS.

But, a pretty well done piece of work there.
----
"Pretty easy work, for a God." - Freya ~ Valkyrie Profile
18.06.2012 - 11:04
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Genesis - White Mountain
Pink Floyd - Mother
Yes - Turn of the Century
Tenhi - Vähäinen violetissa
Amorphis - Enigma
Opeth - Coil
U2 - Drowning Man
Tears For Fears - Sketches of Pain
Agalloch - The Lodge
Dream Theater - The Silent Man
Pain of Salvation - Dedication
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
18.06.2012 - 21:39
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Neil Young's work is great.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.09.2012 - 06:01
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Stephanie by Buckingham Nicks
----
28.09.2012 - 22:27
IronAngel
I've probably posted this in a few other topics, but one just doesn't get over how great this song is:
09.10.2012 - 07:20
helofloki
Any early Iron and Wine is amazing. Lion's Mane and Naked As We Came are two of my favorites, and I usually hate sentimental songs, but these don't come off as sappy. Just brilliant.
10.10.2012 - 12:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I've been trying to learn Green Carnation's The Acoustic Verses songs but it's difficult to find tabs for that unfortunately. But I've learned a few songs I'm more into the acoustic guitar these days for some reason.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram