Metal Storm logo
The 69 Eyes - Sign With Nuclear Blast

Nuclear Blast Records press release

Nuclear Blast Records is proud to announce the signing of Finnish Goth 'n' Roll legends The 69 Eyes! The "Eyes" have reached the top of an entire genre by now and can surely be seen as the inventors of vampire inspired music also as they made it so successfully popular throughout the 1990ies up till now.

Commented vocalist Jyrki 69: "The situation for The 69 Eyes was great because so many labels showed interest in working with us. We were very happy how Nuclear Blast worked our "Goth'N'Roll" box set and it is overwhelming to start this next chapter for The 69 Eyes by releasing our new studio album through Nuclear Blast! They're the mightiest metal label there is and we're proud to deliver them such a powerful album. Together we definitely will Rock The Metal!!!"

The brand new The 69 Eyes album is going to be released on August 28th. Stay tuned for album title, artwork and tracklisting.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: The 69 Eyes
Posted: 31.05.2009 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 49 users
31.05.2009 - 09:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Wow, Nuclear Blast seems to be signing a lot of Glam bands lately.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.06.2009 - 00:39
Symmachus
By all due respect, I really can't stand that band name. I hope t doesn't reference what I think it's referencing.

Also, this is the second time where I've had to type the phrase "By all due respect, I really can't stand that band name."
01.06.2009 - 02:58
Vunts
No idea what the band name could reference (btw, please don't tell me), but I don't mind their music. I suppose I'm a quarter of an emo, so I like these smooth voices slow paced HIM wannabe songs, but at least this band is creating something different from the others of it's kind. I mean, just from their latest album I can remember half of the songs almost fully. That's much more than I can say for most bands I normally listen to.
01.06.2009 - 09:44
Italics
This reminds me that I haven't heard their "Angels" album yet... guess I'd better check it out, after all, "Devils" was pretty freakin' sweet!
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
03.06.2009 - 18:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hope this brings them closer to getting booked for more festivals, totally underrated band.

Hits total: 2714 | This month: 3