Metal Storm logo
Throes Of Dawn

01.06.2009 - 21:21
Italics
The band is "Throes of Dawn," an atmospheric/extreme/melodeath band from Finland.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjh4-Kyn1Kk ("Hollow Reflection")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e82GbZDPGMM ("Black Carbon Snow")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4X3qdcsz1s ("The Destroying Angel")

It is a f***ing SHAME that these guys are so unheard of... their music is absolutely mind-blowing, particularly their album "Quicksilver Clouds."

It's hard to put into words how talented and diverse these guys are, so please do your ears a huge favor and listen to these 3 songs =)
And let me know what you think!
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
01.06.2009 - 21:32
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I am not sure if this can be called a spamming message..as for the band thanks for the suggestion!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
01.06.2009 - 21:50
Italics
Spamming? Don't see how anyone could think so... I am just starting a thread about a great band to spark some discussion about them and hopefully get some people into them... isn't this what most of the posts here are designed for?
----
01.06.2009 - 21:58
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Italics on 01.06.2009 at 21:50

Spamming? Don't see how anyone could think so... I am just starting a thread about a great band to spark some discussion about them and hopefully get some people into them... isn't this what most of the posts here are designed for?

Yes, it is spamming.

The title of the thread should be "Throes of Dawn" not "PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS BAND...."
----
(space for rent)
01.06.2009 - 21:59
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Italics on 01.06.2009 at 21:50

then change the name of the thread and write it as the other band-threads are writen: write the name of the band and in the subgenre the style they play... then i guess it will be better!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
01.06.2009 - 22:17
Italics
Not sure I can edit the actual title... maybe the mods could help?
----
01.06.2009 - 22:19
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Italics on 01.06.2009 at 22:17

Not sure I can edit the actual title... maybe the mods could help?

ask the mods to lock this one and open a new with the right title. and post as first message your first mesage of this one...
----
01.06.2009 - 22:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
You should have the ability to do so. it shoudl be a little tool looking thing at the top of the box when you open/edit the post.

i don't have mod power to make the edit myself (or i would) - but back in the day when i was still wet behind my MS ears, one of the other mods told me how to edit one of my own threads.

edit: i did submit a report, so it should be dealt with soon.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.06.2009 - 22:21
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Already done. You should be able to do it too, though, as the thread creator. Check the topic settings.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.06.2009 - 01:44
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Fucken great band indeed! Have seen them when they headlined a small festival here in Germany, the second time they performed outside of Finland. There were close to no visitors at all, but it was obvious that the organizers were diehard Throes fans and organized the festival mainly to finally getting to see them. And it was a great performance indeed, perhaps even the best out of the 200+ gigs I've seen in 2008! A little part of me actually hopes that they'll release their new album in not so distant future and land the support slot of the upcoming Amorphis tour
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
02.06.2009 - 07:28
Italics
Written by Lucas on 01.06.2009 at 22:21

Already done. You should be able to do it too, though, as the thread creator. Check the topic settings.

Got it... i was trying the "edit" button, which is why it wasn't giving me the option.
----
02.06.2009 - 07:31
Italics
Written by Promonex on 02.06.2009 at 01:44

Fucken great band indeed! Have seen them when they headlined a small festival here in Germany, the second time they performed outside of Finland. There were close to no visitors at all, but it was obvious that the organizers were diehard Throes fans and organized the festival mainly to finally getting to see them. And it was a great performance indeed, perhaps even the best out of the 200+ gigs I've seen in 2008! A little part of me actually hopes that they'll release their new album in not so distant future and land the support slot of the upcoming Amorphis tour

The new album was supposed to be finished like, a year ago - hopefully it comes out soon!

Yeah that'd be great if they could land as a supporting act for a better known band... the only thing keeping these guys from great success is getting their name out there
----
03.06.2009 - 06:43
FOOCK Nam
I know them, very good band, I love their melody, very beautiful, seems they are quite unknown. I love Quicksilver Clouds too
03.06.2009 - 06:50
Fhuesc
Great music, but didn't liked the voice at all.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
05.06.2009 - 15:27
Stigmatized
Great band, definitely one of my favorites. "Dreams of the Black Earth" is my favorite. "Quicksilver Clouds" has a very different sound from the rest, but I still enjoy it. They are supposedly working on another album which will hopefully be released sometime soon.
08.06.2009 - 19:21
Italics
Written by Stigmatized on 05.06.2009 at 15:27

Great band, definitely one of my favorites. "Dreams of the Black Earth" is my favorite. "Quicksilver Clouds" has a very different sound from the rest, but I still enjoy it. They are supposedly working on another album which will hopefully be released sometime soon.

Yeah, it was supposed to be released quite a long time ago, actually.
From what I've heard, the new album is going to build on the new sound that "Quicksilver Clouds" started, but at the same time should be pretty different... guess we will see, but if you are hoping for their older style to return, you might be disappointed.
----
08.06.2009 - 19:22
Italics
Written by Fhuesc on 03.06.2009 at 06:50

I'm assuming you mean the clean vocals, or the screaming as well?
----
08.06.2009 - 19:25
Janne
Hugin
Written by Italics on 08.06.2009 at 19:22

I like both
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
08.06.2009 - 20:38
Fhuesc
Written by Italics on 08.06.2009 at 19:22

The clean vocals
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
12.06.2009 - 00:26
Stigmatized
Written by Italics on 08.06.2009 at 19:21

Written by Stigmatized on 05.06.2009 at 15:27

Yeah, it was supposed to be released quite a long time ago, actually.
From what I've heard, the new album is going to build on the new sound that "Quicksilver Clouds" started, but at the same time should be pretty different... guess we will see, but if you are hoping for their older style to return, you might be disappointed.

Just hoping for a new album. If it comes out, I'll be happy.
26.02.2010 - 12:51
Stn666
The new album "The Great Fleet of Ehcoes" is now out. Anyone listened to it yet? It's definitely a lot more "softer" than previous albums, but still there are growls and fast songs also.
27.02.2010 - 03:41
KryptoN
imperceptible
Yeah I've heard it a couple of times and I like the new progrock elements they've added. On the other hand I miss the deep melancholy of "Quicksilver Clouds" which is pretty much absent on the new album. I do like the new album but for me it doesn't beat the previous two albums, not even close. Maybe with more time...

My favorite song on the new album is "Soft Whispers of the Chemical Sun" because of the interesting proggy atmosphere which has a slight "western" twist to it and the way it's executed makes it sound like an old darkwave song revisited.
28.02.2010 - 12:05
Deadsoulman
Elite
I've listened to the new album a couple of times and so far I can say that I really enjoy the dreamy, almost contemplative atmosphere of most of the songs. So, I don't know if it's going to stand the test of time as well as Quicksilver Clouds, but so far impressions are good.
02.03.2010 - 01:31
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
I've only listened to it once and wasn't really excited. I was probably expecting something similarly melancholic and dark as Quicksilver Clouds. Will have to give it another try when I'm halfway to Alcest mood.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26