Metal Storm logo
Hellfest 2009 - Day -15, Prepare Your Flags!

Here we are!

Hellfest will be upon you soon and we started building the structures under the enjoyment of nice, shiny and hot weather, let's hope that it will still be good when the festivalgoers will arrive in Clisson.

In 15 days, the festival will start and until today 14 000 tickets have been sold. 75% of the tickets are already booked and the festival will probably be sold-out! Great news!

We know that a lot of you have kept some money aside for a couple of months to be able to come to the fest but it's time to react, so act fast now!

As always Hellfest will be a real people melting-pot, because 35% of the audience will come from outside of France. More than 50 different nationalities will be at Clisson, from Argentine to Bosnia, Korea or Saudi Arabia! But our friends from Great Britain who will be the most this year since they have already bought more than 2000 3-Day tickets!

We invite all the hell-bangers from all around the world to bring along their country's flag so we can have a memorable "flag weekend"!

The Hellfest Team

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2009
Posted: 02.06.2009 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 91 users
02.06.2009 - 17:55
Ilham
Giant robot
I'd have to bring two flags then since I have both French and Moroccan nationality. But I'm not going to, I don't really care about nationalities, it's just a geographic accident. I'd have been Spanish if my mother happened to give birth 15 mins earlier.
02.06.2009 - 18:16
Baz Anderson

Ahoy! Hopefully my flyering did a little bit of good then.
I have my England flag, might not be practical for me to take though - haha. We'll see.

Actually at Bloodstock we have a bit of a problem with too many flags on poles. Too many people stand at the front with flags flying high, no one at the back can see the band on stage because of the sea of flags!
02.06.2009 - 21:32
Varegan
Hamranakara
Wish i could bring my country's flag there, without that disgusting Allah on it
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
02.06.2009 - 23:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Only 14.000 tickets sold? weird...

on another note, cursed exams i'd have seriously considered going to HF instead of Wacken (much better bands this year) but i couldn't because i have to take an exam i failed back in January... stupid college...
03.06.2009 - 08:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 02.06.2009 at 23:15

That's because this fetsival isn't as hyped as some other ones
And considering only 20,000 (I think) fit into the ground that is quite a healthy presale number.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.06.2009 - 15:11
TheBodycage

Meh, yet to see an impressive line up.
Having said that, i haven't seen the '09 line up, and got over Hellfest in '04.
...I'm too lazy to look up what they're up to, ha.
----
Nothing Can Tame My Wicked Heart
03.06.2009 - 20:28
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.06.2009 at 08:08

And considering only 20,000 (I think) fit into the ground that is quite a healthy presale number.

The weird thing with HF is that we sell a LOT of tickets at the begining of June... not in December.

If all is ok, we should be near of 20 000
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
03.06.2009 - 20:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.06.2009 at 08:08

well if you ask me Wacken was rightfully hyped last year(Maiden and Avantasia being the main attractions) and in 2007(many good bands), but now i think they made the ticket more expensive and brought little bands of interest probably because they thought there were way too many people coming and it basically overwhelmed them, so they thought

"how do we dispose of so many people who make for such a difficult organization all the while trying to stay on the profit side? that's right, we sell out all the overpriced tickets for next year and tease them about bringing Ac Dc or Metallica!!" strictly financially speaking, i'm sure it was an incredibly effective move, the guys sure know how to make a buck. i wish i thought about it

also people please note that i'm not talking from my experience here, i'm sure this year's Wacken will be an incredible experience as i have yet to attend such a festival, never been to Germany, haven't seen any of the bands on the bill(of which there are many bands of interest) etc. i'm sure it's disappointing for the people who regularly attend WOA though.
05.06.2009 - 19:00
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Valentin B on 03.06.2009 at 20:52

now i think they made the ticket more expensive and brought little bands of interest probably because they thought there were way too many people coming and it basically overwhelmed them, so they thought

I think it was rather like "doesn't really matter what we do, we'll be sold out anyway, so let's just ask a good price for it and there's no need for a too expensive line-up anyway "

Guess what, they were right
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
06.06.2009 - 01:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bas on 05.06.2009 at 19:00

Written by Valentin B on 03.06.2009 at 20:52

now i think they made the ticket more expensive and brought little bands of interest probably because they thought there were way too many people coming and it basically overwhelmed them, so they thought

I think it was rather like "doesn't really matter what we do, we'll be sold out anyway, so let's just ask a good price for it and there's no need for a too expensive line-up anyway "

Guess what, they were right

well i'm trying to not imply that they're assholes
12.06.2009 - 03:36
Illwish

on another note, cursed exams i'd have seriously considered going to HF instead of Wacken (much better bands this year) but i couldn't because i have to take an exam i failed back in January... stupid college...

That's really unlucky. I have my last A-level exam on the same day I set off for Hellfest

Hits total: 2947 | This month: 4