03. L'Inizio Di Una Catastrofe
04. Novembre
05. Le Strade Di Zoran
06. La Grande Piramide (parte 1)
07. La Grande Piramide (parte 2)
08. L'Uomo Della Preistoria
09. Come Stai
10. Domani

On Metal Storm we obviously mostly review metal bands. Then and again we review a rock album for a change, after all the styles are closely related and we want to be open-minded and cover a large spectrum of music, right? This is the first time I'm reviewing a pop album though. Right; now we can all start a little war about pop together. Sure, Timerberlake is a bit homosexual and Spears is just a joke with (nice) tits. Yet there's also more or less good pop, like Michael Jacksons' earlier stuff (you know, back when his nose was still normal and he didn't touch little kids yet).

But what about 'Terrenica', the second release by Rossometile after 5 years of silence? I'd like to describe how the instruments are played, but there just isn't very much to say about them. The drums, guitar, bass guitar and keyboard; they're just there. Simple as that. There aren't any big mistakes or horrible parts, but let's be frank, except for a couple of half-assed solos there really isn't anything they could mess up.

As for the song writing and the singing - that's what pop is all about after all - this definitely isn't mainstream material. The music is a lot more complex than average acts in this style and a few prog-rock influences shine through, but by far not enough for them to deserve the genre description "progressive". Vocals are exclusively in Italian and this lady certainly does have a very nice voice. If she'd go solo or the whole band would turn up a few notches she might actually have the chance to get big.

To sum things up, Rossometile make enjoyable songs if you're open to more mellow, non-metal music. They have a really 'harmonious' quality to their sound, great for having it in the background for reading a book, doing homework, playing naughty games, or anything else that works better with music, as long as it doesn't distract you. But for me Rossometile will never be more than background music if they continue taking this path.

And now please excuse me, I'm going to blast some Immortal, awesome riffing and fast drumming, hell yeah!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: -
Originality: -
Production: 7

Written by Bas | 03.06.2009

Comments

Comments: 15   Visited by: 77 users
03.06.2009 - 23:03
Talvi

Yeah, there's good pop around there, but poor metalheads are usually afraid of it. Albums like Love's Forever Changes, Belle and Sebastian's If You're Feeling Sinister and Björk come to mind. Hope you don't get too bashed on the review
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
03.06.2009 - 23:10
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I still don't get why post a pop album review on Metalstorm.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
03.06.2009 - 23:16
Rating: 7
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Talvi on 03.06.2009 at 23:03

Yeah, there's good pop around there, but poor metalheads are usually afraid of it. Albums like Love's Forever Changes, Belle and Sebastian's If You're Feeling Sinister and Björk come to mind. Hope you don't get too bashed on the review

I'm with you, it's not really music I listen to out of my own initiative, but there are actually a couple of pop artists I really enjoy myself. A shame most metalheads are so close-minded when it comes to music.

And don't worry about me being bashed, I don't really think it'll happen because of this reason, other reviews of mine give the users quite a few more reasons to bash me

Written by K✞ulu on 03.06.2009 at 23:10

I still don't get why post a pop album review on Metalstorm.

That's the way things work, I don't choose the albums I review. Labels send me CDs and I review them. And the last package I got from My Kingdom Music included Terrenica. It's ok though, I like some variation in my music from time to time

And like I said this isn't mainstream or commercial pop, so Metal Storm definitely won't die because of this
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
04.06.2009 - 00:25
Elio
Red Nightmare
I'm definitely going to listen to this.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.06.2009 - 00:36
Talvi

Written by Elio on 04.06.2009 at 00:25

I'm definitely going to listen to this.

I bet you won't like it
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
04.06.2009 - 00:46
Elio
Red Nightmare
We shall see.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.06.2009 - 04:03
Uller

Written by Bas on 03.06.2009 at 23:16

Written by Talvi on 03.06.2009 at 23:03

That's the way things work, I don't choose the albums I review. Labels send me CDs and I review them. And the last package I got from My Kingdom Music included Terrenica. It's ok though, I like some variation in my music from time to time

And like I said this isn't mainstream or commercial pop, so Metal Storm definitely won't die because of this

Its kind of odd, if you just randomly had to review a pop CD, then why the hell Rossometile has a profile in metal storm???
----
04.06.2009 - 04:40
HugeTheConqeror

I actually reviewed this album for Metal Observer, and liked it. Kinda reminded me of Power Windows era Rush with a female vocalist.
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
04.06.2009 - 09:32
RockeRoy

Why review an average pop album?? if you thought it was great like those old Michael Jackson albums, but not just a random average pop album on a metal site, but i agree with you that Michael Jackson had a couple of realy good pop albums. the review was funny and well written though
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
04.06.2009 - 11:54
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Elio on 04.06.2009 at 00:46

We shall see.

Let us know what you think of it!
Written by Uller on 04.06.2009 at 04:03

Its kind of odd, if you just randomly had to review a pop CD, then why the hell Rossometile has a profile in metal storm???

I have to create a band profile whenever I write a review, so when a review's uploaded the band always has a profile
Written by HugeTheConqeror on 04.06.2009 at 04:40

I actually reviewed this album for Metal Observer, and liked it. Kinda reminded me of Power Windows era Rush with a female vocalist.

I more or less liked it too, was a nice listen, but not my usual kind of thing. And well, there obviously are some prog influences, but imo they're not strong enough for such a comparison, I can see where you're coming from though.
Written by RockeRoy on 04.06.2009 at 09:32

Why review an average pop album?? if you thought it was great like those old Michael Jackson albums, but not just a random average pop album on a metal site, but i agree with you that Michael Jackson had a couple of realy good pop albums. the review was funny and well written though

Like I said earlier, I review whatever the labels send me.
And Terrenica really isn't a bad CD, not the stuff I'd usually listen to, but not bad at all. (Nothing like Michael Jackson though)
----
04.06.2009 - 16:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I know you review what the label sends you but if a label sent me a pop album I sure as hell wouldn't review it cause we're a metal site.

Imagine working with RoadRunner and they decide to send a re-release of their of their first ever release. Tough luck for them but I won't be reviewing The Nylons. Nothing to do with metal or even rock.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.06.2009 - 22:20
TheBigRossowski

Rossometile, you mean... coitus?
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
04.06.2009 - 23:37
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by TheBigRossowski on 04.06.2009 at 22:20

Rossometile, you mean... coitus?

That's a very good question.
----
15.06.2009 - 17:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
I guess the misspelling of Justin's family name is done on purpose, so you could "Aha, gotcha!" the poor sucker pointing it out. Clever played sir, clever played. Good thing I saw right through your evil scheme on time.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
16.06.2009 - 10:22
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Thryce on 15.06.2009 at 17:05

I guess the misspelling of Justin's family name is done on purpose, so you could "Aha, gotcha!" the poor sucker pointing it out. Clever played sir, clever played. Good thing I saw right through your evil scheme on time.

Ah you are a worthy opponent, but just wait, sooner or later I'll get you.
----

Hits total: 3550 | This month: 6