Metal Storm logo
Divine Heresy - First New Album Details, Song And Video Online

Original news, posted on 11.06.2009

Official press release

The creative force behind the genre-defying, legendary metal titans Fear Factory, guitarist Dino Cazares, has returned with a mind-blowing, scathing new offering that shatters the boundaries of conventionality with unrelenting intensity, precision and speed.

This new offering from Cazares' extreme metal juggernaut Divine Heresy also features one of the genre's most acclaimed drummers, Tim Yeung (ex-Nile, Vital Remains), bassist Joe Payne (ex-Nile) and newcomer vocalist Travis Neal (ex-The Bereaved, Pushed).

This pummeling new offering, "Bringer Of Plagues", which is set for a July 28th North American release, redefines the meaning of aggression and takes extreme to an all new level. Neal has undoubtedly proven that he is the perfect fit for the role as he delivers a debut performance for the ages.

The album's scathing opening cut, "Facebreaker", is now available on the band's newly revamped MySpace page, so head over now to stream the song and view the brutal new artwork.

Cazares further comments: "The songwriting process for this album was a great experience and the ideas were constantly flowing. Collaborating with Tim Yeung, Joe Payne and Neal, all together hashing out ideas in the practice space was very therapeutic and enjoyable. We all had a collective desire to take our performances to the next level with this release to undoubtedly prove that we are one of the most devastating bands in the scene today. This is most evident on the opening cut 'Face Breaker,' which we can't wait for all of you to hear. Check it out and drop us a message to let us know what you think of it. We will see you all soon."

Read the full press release at this location.

UPDATE (thanks to Abattoir)

"Facebreaker", the new video from US metallers Divine Heresy, has been made available online. The clip was helmed by renowned director Brian Thompson (Killswitch Engage).

"Facebreaker" comes off the band's latest album, "Bringer Of Plagues", which was released on July 2009 via Century Media Records.

Also, behind-the-scenes footage from the video shoot can be viewed at this location.

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Divine Heresy
Posted: 06.08.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 103 users
06.06.2009 - 11:00
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I'll check it out for "The Missile"'s sake
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.06.2009 - 12:56
foschino
Account deleted
The part of the song with clean vocals is just horrible. It ruins everything
In addition, please someone tell Cazares that an 8 string guitar is not enough to sound extreme and aggressive to a new level.
He's just being playing the same old riff for 10 years
06.06.2009 - 22:10
Symmachus

I think the cover is rather imaginative and original. Is there symbolism involved in it or not?
07.06.2009 - 11:19
Kamilbolt
Account deleted
New song is playing in my head and I cannot free myself from it. I can't wait on this album
Voice of new vocalist is very interesting - I could tell, that he is better for DH sound, than Vext.
Dino is better than ever before

@foschino: You are wrong
06.08.2009 - 22:35
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by LeChron James on 06.06.2009 at 11:00

I'll check it out for "The Missile"'s sake

That's the same thing I was thinking
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
18.11.2009 - 09:45
BudDa

Written by Guest on 06.06.2009 at 12:56

The part of the song with clean vocals is just horrible. It ruins everything
In addition, please someone tell Cazares that an 8 string guitar is not enough to sound extreme and aggressive to a new level.
He's just being playing the same old riff for 10 years

The clean vocals aren't bad. Why they feature here though is beyond my comprehension. I agree with you on the guitar thingy. Perhaps they should just get another guitarist and fatten the sound alittle bit
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.

Hits total: 6218 | This month: 5