Suffocation
Blood Oath
Breeding The Spawn
Souls To Deny

Total votes: 30
08.06.2009 - 18:55
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I don't think this poll needs an intro so i'll tell only this: Suffocation is one of the best Death Metal bands. Just vote for you preference and Please tell us WHY you voted "this" album as your favorite..

As for me I am going with pierced from within cause this one is one of the best albums I've even heard: production, vocals, music, complexity, lyrics: all these are really perfect. Not only great.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
08.06.2009 - 20:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dunno , because IMO all is same good, and I dont know band so muh to vote for albums,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.06.2009 - 20:47
How about putting in Human Waste and Despise the Sun?

Anyways, Effigy for me. One of the best DM albums of all time.
08.06.2009 - 21:07
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by theflyingmachine on 08.06.2009 at 20:47

How about putting in Human Waste and Despise the Sun?

Anyways, Effigy for me. One of the best DM albums of all time.

they are Ep's but you know something, i'll try to do this cause they have no other album and i guess it's ok.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
08.06.2009 - 22:42
Thanks dude, no big deal, but I'm a big Human Waste guy personally.
08.06.2009 - 22:55
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by theflyingmachine on 08.06.2009 at 22:42

Thanks dude, no big deal, but I'm a big Human Waste guy personally.

yeah to be honest i thought about that possibility but i took the wrong desicion. i hope mods will help me on this!!
----
26.08.2009 - 18:50
Finally bought Souls to Deny, so I officially have all except one of Suffocation albums. Here is how I'd rank them.

1. Effigy - One of the best death metal albums ever made
2. Pierced - The formula they used on this album is very, very tough to pull off, but it is an amazing album.
3. Human Waste - The other must have of Suffocation's discography
4. Despise the Sun - More linear than anything they've ever done, but it is fucking sick. Don't like Frank Mullen's performance on this album though.
5. Self-titled - Not at the caliber of their earlier material of course, but still very good, and has more strong tracks than their prior album. Another weak performance by Frank Mullen though...
6. Breeding the Spawn - I was struggling with whether to put Souls to Deny here or not, but it came down to taking quality of the material over how it was produced.
7. Souls to Deny - They had some kickass ideas for this album, but lacked the execution to make too many standout tracks. The guitar riffs are top notch on this album though.
8. Blood Oath - The only album I don't own by Suffocation and the only album that isn't very good. Maybe 2 or 3 good tracks and a couple that are ok, but what brings this album down is how crappy about 5 or 6 of the tracks are.
04.04.2010 - 09:40
Effigy is my choice but Suffocation is one of the best fukin awesome death metal bands around
12.04.2010 - 06:55
sq_xeper
Tough question, but I like Pierced and Effigy equally both are masterpieces, they're my favourites
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
12.04.2010 - 15:31
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I'll have to go with Effigy. It has that edge that Pierced doesn't have. And by edge I mean that sludgy production. The songs on Effigy are more memorable as well.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
24.09.2010 - 13:52
JD
Account deleted
1. Effigy Of The Forgotten
2. Pierced From Within
3. Suffocation
4. Breeding The Spawn
5. Souls To Deny
6. Blood Oath
24.09.2010 - 14:46
Written by Guest on 24.09.2010 at 13:52

Didn't hear Blood Oath yet

I'd say it is their worst by far. But, some of the reviews for that album haven't been so bad, so I guess it is worth checking out...just lower your expectations.
24.09.2010 - 14:54
JD
Account deleted
Written by theflyingmachine on 24.09.2010 at 14:46

I'd say it is their worst by far. But, some of the reviews for that album haven't been so bad, so I guess it is worth checking out...just lower your expectations.

Yeah heard that before, but it's Suffocation of course i will give it a try
25.09.2010 - 05:21
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
This order:

Effigy of the forgotten - first
Souls to Deny - Second (probably a bit of a controversial choice)
[Some of the others]
[The last 2 pieces of crap]

Strange that Suffocation came back and released a great album after 7(?) years and then went on to follow it up with 2 rubbish albums. I'm guessing the stuff on Souls to Deny was wrote some time before it was actually recorded. Everything from 1990-2004 is great though.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
25.09.2010 - 17:51
Strange how when their self-titled album came out, everyone thought it was great and that Souls to Deny was crap. Over time, it seems like opinions on the two albums have reversed.
25.09.2010 - 18:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'd like Souls to Deny more if the first two songs on it didn't suck. I prefer their S/T to Souls to Deny, still.

As usual, I can't decide between Effigy and Pierced - one day I'll prefer one, and the next day I'll prefer the other. My list would probably mirror theflyingmachine's the most, but with the EP's switched. If Despise the Sun was a full length album, with the added songs being as good or better, than that would be my favorite. They should bring Culross back, since I don't think he's in a band atm. Oh and now that I'm thinking about it, Cerrito too
26.09.2010 - 01:53
I'd still take Human Waste over Despise the Sun, but that album has really grown on me. I got that awhile ago and still pull it out quite a bit.
11.11.2010 - 13:16
JD
Account deleted
Written by theflyingmachine on 24.09.2010 at 14:46

Yeah thier worst album, so slowww sounds like doom.