Metal Storm logo
My Dying Bride - Line-Up Change

British doom metal band My Dying Bride has announced the following statement about some line-up changes:

"Katie is no longer taking part in My Dying Bride. After confirming to play all of the shows we presently have booked she decided she did not want to do them, stating the reason being as "I want to concentrate on my career". She is presently a part time psychology student. So make of that what you will.

The kind chap who came in to replace her is called Shaun Macgowan. He has been rehearsing with us for no time at all and has shown great commitment already. He will not be being classed as a full time member until he has passed his probationary period with us, which is now 30 years. If you would like to welcome Shaun in the only way MDB fans can, that would be a great test of his character. And by 'the only way' I mean to complain that he is not Martin. For ever.

The band overall are saddened by the line up change, we think more for you than us. But as anyone who saw the show at the Wave Gotik in Leipzig will confirm, we have lost nothing."

Source: mydyingbride.org
Band profile: My Dying Bride
Posted: 11.06.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 180 users
11.06.2009 - 20:32
Graveheart

I found the violin a very welcome reintroduction on For Lies I Sire so I hope this doesn't mean they'll drop it on their new albums to come.
11.06.2009 - 22:24
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Hope that also gives Katie more time to focus on her playing with a Forest Of Stars
----
loves 小巫
11.06.2009 - 22:26
Symmachus

Wow, Katie Stone's position in the band was quite short-lived. I hope Shaun Macgowan will do well with the band. Also, what's this "probationary period" stuff? I would like a further explanation on that.
11.06.2009 - 22:53
MoonReflection

They are unlucky with that violin/keyboardist stuff... I still miss Martin... He was that amazing part of the band that they lost. And as they said by their own words - "For ever"
12.06.2009 - 20:04
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Unfortunate

Those psychology students
14.06.2009 - 18:13
dancingdecember

Lol funny statement.
----
i'm super, thanks for asking

Hits total: 3505 | This month: 3