‹‹ Back to the Alternative metal forum
Topic locked
Users visited: 66  
Search this topic:  

Soliloquy

15.07.2006 at 18:31
well, i made a topic on his a few days before the last MS fell apart. and here it is again

aright, buckethead is a progressive guitarist. not sure if he is a progressive metal guitarist, but he tends to jump from genre to genre, and has done some progressive metal, industrial, eletronica, hard rock, acoustic, ambient and other stuff. and he is also inspired by tons of science fictional stuff like star wars, and sometimes he plays these weird scales that sound like the sounds that the computers make with their lil clicks and beeps and stuff.

he is mostly famous for being a part of Guns N' Roses for a few years right before they broke up...or 'broke up'. he is also famous for his strange get up. like, when non rockers/metalheads look at KISS, or other black metal bands and see theri getups, they often say 'what the fuck?'. but when rockers/metalheads see buckethead, they say 'what the fuck'.

what makes his get up bizar is that he wears a Michael Myers mask, and an up side down KFC paper bucket on his head. with a sticker tape saying 'funeral'. and it isnt a joke. hardly anyone has seen him. i mean, this is what OZZY had to say about him:

"I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me but only if he got rid of the fucking bucket. So I came back a bit later and he's wearing this green fucking Martian's-hat thing! I said, 'Look, just be yourself'. He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother'. So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum then!'. I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing fucking mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up'? Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a motherfucker!"

i'm not sure what guitar he plays, but i believe its a gibson. and i beleive he got it custom made, coz thats the first time ive seen a guitar with a button on a guitar. and it has some sort of built in FX or soemthing. i'm not sure.

and he also did a song with that lead singer of System Of A Down band. buckethead is an incredibel guitarist that is seriously under rated..wait, in order to be under rated, you have to be known by a few people. well, then he is not well known! i'm not exactly sure how often he goes on tour, but he has tons of videos of his on YOUTUBE.COM and Video.google.com of him preforming live. and in between songs, he does random stuff like either dancing like michal jackson, and doing the moon walk, or playing with nun chucks, or a yoyo or some other stuff.

oh, and kids may recognise his song as the titel song for POWER RANGERS.

heres a pic of him:

so what do you guys think of him? like him? hate him? think he looks retarded? think hes funny? saw him live? etc etc etc
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem

16.07.2006 at 01:04
well first timei heard for Buckethead was when he joins to GN'R and then i find few of his albums and they r how to call them childish maybe, but verry intresting i haved bucketheadland, and some two other can't member names, one album is onyl instrumentals,
but i think hes i good guitar palyer
but did anyone have his pic without hes mask i would like to see hes face
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
Daru Jericho

16.07.2006 at 01:53
I haven't heard much of his solo works but the stuff that I have heard I like. He's highly enjoyable, talented and really really quirky. I've come across people that call him a copy of Slipknot. Of course these people are disgruntled GNR fans who don't realize that Buckethead's first release was in 1992, way before the lack lustre Slipknot's first.

But Buckethead does look funny and that Ozzy bit was a good read haha.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

Vinnie R.
Chido Chido

16.07.2006 at 02:29
i know he's one of the greates guitarists of all time, but is very misterious, i already listen some songs and his style in a clinic that a friend have, here is a little...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=86DEKFissl4&search=buckethead
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
  16.07.2006 at 07:36
Buckethead is so awesome...I love his spacey atmopsheric brand of rock/metal...it's really nice trippy and sit back, get stoned and just relax music...awesome stuff...
Dangerboner
:D

16.07.2006 at 07:55
He's a damn good guitarist, but he's weird as hell. He's also good at the nunchucks.
----
Written by muthafucka on 30.06.2010 at 00:47

your mom is 7000 yr old because your a dinosaur

Written by John Barleycorn on 11.11.2010 at 14:17
I am not in general a fan of wankery but I can enjoy some good masturbation from time to time
Soliloquy

16.07.2006 at 20:07
for people who are intested in him, get his song 'nottingham lace'(his absolute masterpiece) 'nun chuka kata' 'welcome to buckethead land'.

if you're looking for his ballads, then 'for mom' 'electric tears'

and no, there hasnt really been any picture of buckethead without his mask. even off stage, he is usually found in a mask. i saw one very blury picture of him in a pony tail, and it was a side profile of him..or so they say. i'll have to look for it.

and another thing i like about him is that, unlike other progressive guitarists that know how to shred, and show off by thier speed and insane riffs, buckethead doesnt do that. he can shread and be very random, but its not a necesity for him to have in his songs. a lot of his songs dont have anything like that.

so kudos to buckethead

i really really wanna see him live. stupid him hardly ever goes on tour
----

-Zakk Wylde
jupitreas
Djerk

16.07.2006 at 20:38
Buckethead should be in the alternative metal forum, somebody move it there please...

As much as I like him as a guitarist (one of the few guitar virtuosos who avoids doing masturbatory shred stuff) Buckethead's genius lies in mixing various genres together and in his willingness to try new stuff out. His electronica albums are phenomenal, for example. Still, by far my favorite Buckethead-related project is Praxis...
THE MASTER
Account deleted
  19.07.2006 at 15:59
He is one of todays to guitarists amazing techince and feel. truley amazing. there are lots of vides by him you can fint planty of them on youtube.com

He is a bit well no a bit he is wierd as hell. You can read about the hole chiken thing and shit like that on his website www.bucketheadland.com
Soliloquy

19.07.2006 at 18:13
yeah, in his song 'buckethead land' the vocals are talking about how buckethead got freedom from the chickens at the age of 17 when he burned all the chikens up.

haha, hes seriously versatile. you guys heard his chicken jig?
----

-Zakk Wylde
Stigmatized

01.08.2006 at 20:50
Has anyone seen the film "Flesh For the Beast"? It's a (what I would consider) low budget horror movie. One of sickest movies I've ever seen. He did all the music for it...some of it wasn't bad.
Wo0dy
Account deleted
  01.08.2006 at 21:40
this guy is VERY underated, such a great guitarist..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GtdJFtdXYps&search=buckethead

he can play the halloween theme perfect, doesnt look hard but he doesnt mess up
Doc Godin
Just a guy

11.05.2007 at 06:31
Written by Dangerboner on 16.07.2006 at 07:55

He's a damn good guitarist, but he's weird as hell. He's also good at the nunchucks.

that was possibly the funniest thing ive ever seen.
I havnt heard any solo Buckethead stuff, but hes got enough guest appearances & side projects if your to list them in fine print you could fill up a 12 x 12 foot wall with that fine print for god sakes.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
Throne of Rats

12.05.2007 at 14:15
My mate met him he said he had to be the weirdest being he has ever met, when he approached him Buckethead wouldnt talk to him until he peformed a special handshake with him. Amazing guitarist, have you read his bio its quite funny. http://www.bucketheadland.com/story/index.html

This also give a bit of info on the man. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart

12.05.2007 at 16:22
When I first heard this guy my jaw hit the floor, I was like how does he do it? I really admire this guys talent but the bucket on his head kinda gives me the creeps.....

heres something I found about him:

"He was born in a coop, raised in a cage. children fear him, critics rage.
Hes half alive, hes half dead. folks just call him buckethead.

Farmers would torment him as he snuggled with the hens.
Theyd hose him down with water, and steal his little friends.
Now late at night hed sneak off to the graveyard all alone,
And play a soapbox guitar to the faces made of stone.

Buckethead found his freedom at the age of 17,
When he burned the chicked house down with a quart of gasoline.
He did puppet shows on corners and bought a real guitar,
And with the help of colonel sanders, hes bound to be a star.
"
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
[southern]metal

03.07.2007 at 22:09
I love Buckethead. I just love how weird he is and how much of an amazing musician he is.
----
oderint dum metuant
benvolent

15.12.2008 at 22:55
Written by Soliloquy on 15.07.2006 at 18:31

OZZY: "He plays like a motherfucker!"

that's an awesome quote! I'll give him a try... well, I won't speak about his guitar playing - that's outstanding. But this guy is really weird! Seems like a guy, who achieved to become a living legend...

ah, yes, Ozzy is right!
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
bard

16.12.2008 at 22:39
This is the guy that got me into metal. (Random, I know) He's truly amazing in his versatility and style...and those hands! He's got some of the biggest freaking hands I've ever seen, he has his guitars custom made larger from the body up because 'normal guitars just feel like toys' in his hands. I almost saw him on tour a month back or so, but alas, I was booked with tests.

Albums that I enjoy the most:

'Colma', quiet and thought provoking...especially the short track 'Big Sur Moon'

'Enter the Chicken', with a pretty impressive guest list and some great variety. I think 'Nottingham Lace' has been stated.
----
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen

17.12.2008 at 07:08
The "Ballad of Buckethead" video is hilarious. i remember watching it on "The Box" music channel when i was like 12 on halloween and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
ASiema113

18.12.2008 at 21:01
Love Buckethead, seen him live once and would defiantly do it it again sometime. He's obviously been in several bands playing with musicians such as Les Claypool and Bootsy Collins, and seems to have an interesting arsenal of guitars. He's actually a big reason for me getting into the field of Luthiery, b/c when I saw what he could do with a simple "killswitch" a just had to know about working with guitars.

Thank you Buckethead
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
Valentin B
Iconoclast

31.05.2009 at 20:13
This guy is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw3TT0E0uwU&feature=related

great, unusual shit, and he fucking shreds like a maniac, and his playing sounds so spacy sometimes
----
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil.
Exhumed

27.07.2010 at 14:02
Does anybody know what's been going on with Buckethead lately? I've read that he was injured fairly recently and is undergoing physical therapy at the moment.
Lit.
Brütal Legend

03.08.2010 at 01:21
No idea, he said a cyborg infiltrated Bucketheadland.
Translation: Spinal Disk Replacement.

I love Buckethead. When I first saw him, I thought "Man, This guy must be off his nut." But when I first heard Soothsayer, I was literally in tears.

Other songs I like are Jordan, Nottingham Lace, and Whitewash.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
  16.10.2010 at 01:56
My friend is going out for Halloween dressed at Buckethead
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

08.07.2014 at 00:44
New topic here: http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=44278
----
Prettier than BloodTears.