Metal Storm logo
Ex Deo - Debut Album Streaming Online

"Romulus", the debut album from Ex Deo - the band led by Kataklysm frontman Maurizio Iacono - is available for streaming in its entirety at this location until June 18th.

Ex Deo will unleash its monster of a debut album, "Romulus", to the world on June 19 (Europe) and June 30 (North America) via Nuclear Blast Records.

The album was recorded with producer (and Kataklysm guitarist) Jean-Francois Dagenais ( Misery Index, Despised Icon, Malevolent Creation).

Nergal ( Behemoth), Karl Sanders ( Nile) and Obsidian C ( Keep Of Kalessin) will make special guest appearances on "Romulus". Nergal will appear in the song "Storm The Gates Of Alesia," singing a very famous Caesar quote; Sanders laid down a ripping solo in the song "The Final War (The Battle Of Actium)" which deals with Antony and Cleopatra's defiance of Octivian in Egypt, and Obsidian C lends a majestic and melodic solo to the track "Cruor Nostri Abbas."

Ex Deo will make its live debut this September/October on the special edition of Europe's biggest pagan/folk metal tour, Paganfest.

"Romulus" cover art and tracklist:

01. Romulus
02. Storm The Gates Of Alesia
03. Cry Havoc
04. In Her Dark Embrace
05. Invictus
06. The Final War (Battle Of Actium)
07. Legio XIII
08. Blood, Courage and The God
09. Cruor Nostri Abbas
10. Surrender The Sun
11. The Pantheon (Jupiter's Reign)

Watch the video to the title track "Romulus" here:

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Ex Deo
Posted: 16.06.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 45 users
16.06.2009 - 10:53
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Man, what a team! Karl Sanders and Nergal!

The artwork is amazing, and the video is 1st class! (except in the little boyas fight, looked stupid)..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
16.06.2009 - 11:58
DarkMoor99
Account deleted
They support Ensiferum, hm?
16.06.2009 - 17:13
VPeter

Holy shit, this is unbelievably crap. Not even the epic keyboards and orchestra arrangements can save it.
16.06.2009 - 17:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by VPeter on 16.06.2009 at 17:13

Holy shit, this is unbelievably crap. Not even the epic keyboards and orchestra arrangements can save it.

Agreed, this is indeed horrible.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.06.2009 - 17:32
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.06.2009 at 17:23

Written by VPeter on 16.06.2009 at 17:13

Agreed, this is indeed horrible.

LOL reading these comments I won't even bother myself checking this out
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.06.2009 - 20:51
Vermin

Woah, somebody oughtta lay off the cheese. Damn, this is beyond ridiculous! Just watching Maurizio in that costume makes me gag! This, right here, is the point where metal needs to stop getting anymore commercial.
16.06.2009 - 20:56
Symmachus

The titles are great; the artwork is great. I do want to check this band out. By the way, before I heard about this project, I kind of wanted to be in a brutal death metal band in a few years detailing Ancient Rome. I will probably have to adjust those ideas, now that there's a death metal band detailing the same stuff. Well, as I said earlier, I'm looking forward to checking this band out.
17.06.2009 - 06:05
csiga
Munin
Written by Guest on 16.06.2009 at 11:58

ex deo will come to paganfest, so i hope it will be quite good, anyway ensiferum support is metsatöll.
----

i survived the lake bodom!
17.06.2009 - 07:29
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
As someone said on the myspace blog "yeah, everyone hail the Roman Empire, the ones who destroyed hundreds of pagan cultures spreading christianity all over europe" hehehehe
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
17.06.2009 - 10:03
DarkMoor99
Account deleted
Written by csiga on 17.06.2009 at 06:05

Written by Guest on 16.06.2009 at 11:58

ex deo will come to paganfest, so i hope it will be quite good, anyway ensiferum support is metsatöll.

Well, Ensiferum comes to my country with support Metsatöll and Ex Deo. I just checked it.
19.06.2009 - 03:38
csiga
Munin
What a shit is this? i think it's a good idea, the roman stuff, but this is really crap. no more 10/4.
----

i survived the lake bodom!

Hits total: 2761 | This month: 4