Metal Storm logo
Floor Jansen - Is Starting A New Metal Band

Original news, posted on 17.06.2009

Floor Jansen, lead vocalist of the now-defunct band After Forever, has announced the through her myspace page that she has started a new metal band. Due to her new commitment in this band, her project with Jorn Viggo (Pagan's Mind), Sinh, has been put on hold to give the new metalband full priority. The information of the line-up and name of Floor's new metal project has yet to be released.

The complete message reads as follows: "It's been a bumpy year so far and I would like to update you a little. Unfortunately my band After Forever stopped and that meant the start of a new period. Looking back I realize how many great and amazing things I got to do and that inspires me to go full speed ahead with new music. Hereby an update about what I do today and what my plans for the future are:

After the final stop I started missing the metal scene and it's music and decided I wanted to come back ASAP with a new metalband. To accomplish this I want to work with other songwriters to first write and record an album. A live band will be formed after that to get me back on stage where I long to be so much!

When Waldemar Sorychta (Grip Inc., Enemy Of The Sun, ao) contacted me; the first composer was found. As a fan of Grip Inc. the idea of working together was a big honour and a first step in creating a sound! The combination of Waldemar's unique style and experience as songwriter/producer made my dream come closer to reality. I also asked my After Forever colleague Joost van den Broek for his great synth sounds and arrangements. Despite his busy schedule he wanted to come on board immediately with great enthusiasm and the songwriting team was complete!

The sound will become a unique blend of the personal style we know these musicians from, but not yet together in one album which is to become heavy and very metal!

The songwriting has just begun! Who will join this team in the future is not known yet nor which label will release the album. All we can say for now; next year there will be new band and a new album!

I will keep updating you and I promise to give you a preview as soon as possible!"

UPDATE (thanks to Symmachus)

Floor Jansen has finally announced the name of her new band. In a short message on her MySpace, Jansen states: "The name of my new band is finally revealed! It's... ReVamp. Check out the new website: http://www.revampmusic.com."

Songs are currently being written and some short samples will soon uploaded to the website.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: After Forever
Posted: 18.10.2009 by Symmachus

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 46   [ 6 ignored ]   Visited by: 513 users
17.06.2009 - 16:46
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Sounds interesting. Might be worth paying attention to.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
17.06.2009 - 16:49
annodomini
Ye syes yes.... Joost and Floor on borad... AAAA. This will be fucking great.
----
the riddle wants to be...
17.06.2009 - 17:07
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
I like her voice, but the addition of Waldemar seems v interesting
----
loves 小巫
17.06.2009 - 19:29
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
OK, I am going to be a total tool with this post, but I have such a mad crush on her.

Did I just say that?

Besides the fact that her voice is stunning, and I love her music, she is so beautiful. Oh, and we share the same birthday.
----
(space for rent)
17.06.2009 - 21:28
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Written by Irritable Ted on 17.06.2009 at 21:09

Written by Dane Train on 17.06.2009 at 19:29

OK, I am going to be a total tool with this post, but I have such a mad crush on her.

Did I just say that?

Besides the fact that her voice is stunning, and I love her music, she is so beautiful. Oh, and we share the same birthday.

You are not the only one buddy, she is even better in the flesh than any photo can do justice.
This must be a good week for me, first a new Nightwish album is being planned and now this. All I need now is information about a new Kamelot album and I will be very happy.

Well, there's gonna be one soon enough: http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/album.php?album_id=26644

Good news from Floor, let's see if she'll make us happy.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
17.06.2009 - 22:24
Promonex
Cathemeral
elite
This sounds quite interesting indeed. Looking forward to whatever they come up with
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
17.06.2009 - 23:12
Symmachus
Thanks for accepting and editing this news. I'm looking forward to this very much. I don't know where her update is on her myspace, though. Maybe it was completely obvious, but I missed it. I can't wait to hear material from her new band and read the name and line-up of it as well. Sweetness.
17.06.2009 - 23:55
Enissa
Thats looking awesome, I love Floor's voice....
18.06.2009 - 03:36
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
I'm glad this was finally posted... she told me a couple of weeks ago after I had to fly over and be her booty call. It really wore me out because Simone wanted in on it too... damn women...
18.06.2009 - 05:05
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Im down. bring it on.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
18.06.2009 - 07:57
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh yeah! It was so sad to see the end of After Forever this year but, knowing that Floor will keep on doing new stuff brings hope back to this man. Yeah
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
18.06.2009 - 12:03
addiction
Very good mix of personnel there! this has the potential to be very good! i will check it out when its out. and she's hot...
----
alive in the superunknown
18.06.2009 - 12:04
Italics
Wow, this really makes me happy!

So much great news on bands I like lately... Sonata Arctica touring north america, upcoming albums from Katatonia, HIM (don't judge me), Nightwish (in a year and a half), etc.
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
19.06.2009 - 04:18
rafroes
I love her voice! I can't wait to hear something new!
21.06.2009 - 16:01
Keitaro333
Shit, this is exactly what i was hoping to read when i clicked on metalstorm news. (after listening to AF few hours earlier). Lets hope it will be as good as before but with Floor in it, im definitely going to check it out either way.
28.06.2009 - 17:53
Elodie Artour
Slania
@The Shape 1973: I agree with you. Both NW and Floor starting up the preparation of new releases sounds simply fantastic. Please, guys - be quicker! I can't wait any longer.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
31.07.2009 - 04:04
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Old news, but I gotta comment it, cause i'm really excited about this. Floor is the best among the best and I'm so glad she decided not to retire, but come back to the metal scene. Awesomoooo
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
18.10.2009 - 15:34
Enissa
ReVamp?? kinda strange name...
18.10.2009 - 16:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sounds boring and name is lame and lamest band name what i have hear in this year , seems chess WC replacment on TV before sleeping is found
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2009 - 17:40
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Couldn't she, or them, come up with a better name than that? It's really lame :S But hope the music won't be as lame!
18.10.2009 - 19:17
BudDa
elite
ReVamp sounds abit cheesy..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
18.10.2009 - 20:24
Abattoir
staff
Indeed, this band name does sound unusual and odd. However, I don't realy care about it to much...
18.10.2009 - 21:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 18.10.2009 at 21:50

Written by Bad English on 18.10.2009 at 16:07

Sounds boring and name is lame and lamest band name what i have hear in this year , seems chess WC replacment on TV before sleeping is found

Please let them be good. Don't go pop, sound like AF please, name is a bit suspect.
Bad English, what did you just say? "seems chess WC replacment on TV before sleeping is found" WTF does that mean?

It means when Mr Bean watch Chass on TV before he try fall asleep he watch, watch players thinking, but when he asleep they make move and he woke up, now he can buu this band CD and replaice it whit watching chass
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2009 - 22:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, I really don't like the name ReVamp either...someone should tell her that the name sucks hahaha...hopefully it won't be as bad as Tarja...someone I doubt it...
18.10.2009 - 22:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The new band name doesnt sound promising to me
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.10.2009 - 22:50
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Irritable Ted on 18.10.2009 at 22:11

Written by Guest on 18.10.2009 at 22:00

Yeah, I really don't like the name ReVamp either...someone should tell her that the name sucks hahaha...hopefully it won't be as bad as Tarja...someone I doubt it...

Thank you, I thought I was the only one who thought Tarja's solo works were crap. Loved her in Nightwish though, but it does prove that Tuomas was the one with the talent.

Um...I didn't like her that much in Nightwish either...a few songs here and there...I like current Nightwish though...I really did enjoy After Forever though...
18.10.2009 - 23:12
Fat & Sassy!
elite
What a stupid band name... I hope it doesn't imply that the music will be a "ReHash". >:P
19.10.2009 - 01:24
Baz Anderson
staff
That's a really unflattering picture too, I think.
19.10.2009 - 01:43
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I hope it will have a darker approach, as the ''vamp'' IMHO suggests.... I agree, the name is mega lame. :/
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
19.10.2009 - 07:51
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Another hater of the name, but oh well.

This is what Floor should have done ages ago. After Forever were never a great band, her talents were not provided with the sub-par music from the band.

Hits total: 11167 | This month: 13