Metal Storm logo
Porcupine Tree - New Album On The Way

Original news, posted on 19.06.2009

As stated on the official MySpace blog of the band a couple of days ago:

"Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the forthcoming release of their tenth studio album "The Incident". The record is set to be released via Roadrunner Records worldwide on 21st September, as a double CD.

The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as "a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that 'after this, things will never be the same again'."

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December - Flicker, Bonnie The Cat, Black Dahlia, and Remember Me Lover feature on a separate EP length disc to stress their independence from the song cycle.

Video footage of the band in the studio working on The Incident, as well as audio previews, will be available online soon. The band will tour extensively to promote the album from mid September onwards."

UPDATE (thanks to Hamird)

Tracklist and cover art for the upcoming Porcupine Tree album "The Incident" have been revealed. The cover image and subtitles to the various parts of the long song cycle that takes up the whole of the first CD were revealed at a playback in New York earlier this week. The cover was photographed by Lasse Hoile and designed by Carl Glover.

Disc I
01. The Incident
1 - Occam's Razor
2 - The Blind House
3 - Great Expectations
4 - Kneel And Disconnect
5 - Drawing The Line
6 - The Incident
7 - Your Unpleasant Family
8 - The Yellow Windows Of The Evening Train
9 - Time Flies
10 - Degree Zero Of Liberty
11 - Octane Twisted
12 - The Séance
13 - Circle Of Manias
14 - I Drive The Hearse

Disc II
01. Flicker
02. Bonnie The Cat
03. Black Dahlia
04. Remember Me Lover

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Porcupine Tree
Posted: 24.06.2009 by Daggon

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 160 users
19.06.2009 - 15:02
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I'll pre-order it as soon as I have the money.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.06.2009 - 15:07
Elio
Red Nightmare
"The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as "a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that 'after this, things will never be the same again'."

I don't care about this bullshits, I hope it will be good.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
19.06.2009 - 18:32
juanopereira

Great! I like a lot this band.
19.06.2009 - 20:06
Symmachus

Awesome! They're doing a 55-minute song on the first disc of a double album! This is excellent news. I knew that Porcupine Tree had an album in the works, but I didn't know those details. I have a feeling that this double album will be fantastic. I would really like to have this one.
19.06.2009 - 21:31
Liquidus_Animus

Sounds great, waiting anxiously for this!
20.06.2009 - 00:23
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
More from PT to enjoy! Steven Wilson has been quite busy this last years. It will be nice to hear something new. "Insurgentes" wasn't a bad album from his solo career, I actually enjoyed it, but I need the PT feeling
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
20.06.2009 - 01:23
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Porcupine Tree = Green Carnation? Anyway, sounds like it may be interesting. These boys have yet to disappoint me.
----
20.06.2009 - 12:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I just hope they don't play the whole song live because that would mean very few other songs to listen to lol
----

My Instagram
20.06.2009 - 16:10
addiction

"where do we go after having a 17-minute song in our last album?....hmmm....i know!!! we will make a 55-minute song for the next one!"
i love porcupine tree and i dont mind long songs at all, but 55 minutes is a little bit too much i think. yes sure it might be great, but how many times will i find the time to listen to the whole song from beggining to end and be concentrated on it? not many...
apart from that small objection, i am looking forwards to it!
----
alive in the superunknown
20.06.2009 - 18:00
metalmistress04

Steven Wilson is my hero.
20.06.2009 - 20:51
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Elijah on 20.06.2009 at 01:23

Porcupine Tree = Green Carnation?

indeed. GC are the only prog band to record a 1 hour long song.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
20.06.2009 - 23:59
Akke920

Written by Damnated on 20.06.2009 at 20:51

Written by Elijah on 20.06.2009 at 01:23

Porcupine Tree = Green Carnation?

indeed. GC are the only prog band to record a 1 hour long song.

Don't forget The Flower Kings - The Garden Of Dreams it is 59:57 though that's almost 1 hour.
21.06.2009 - 01:28
Varjo

And don't forget Devil Doll, folks.
21.06.2009 - 02:20
Damnated
Churchburner
and don't forget this
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.06.2009 - 15:01
Ivor
Staff
Written by BloodTears on 20.06.2009 at 12:37

I just hope they don't play the whole song live because that would mean very few other songs to listen to lol

Quite on the contrary! I'd love that if the song is good. I would have loved to see Green Carnation's "Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness" in one take.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
24.06.2009 - 15:59
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Ivor on 24.06.2009 at 15:01

Quite on the contrary! I'd love that if the song is good. I would have loved to see Green Carnation's "Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness" in one take.

I.

I would love to see GC masterpiece live too but the thing is, Porcupine Tree are coming here in November and I want to hear a lot of songs from previous albums that they didn't play last time. Do you think the'll play "The Incident" in its entirety?
----

My Instagram
24.06.2009 - 16:43
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Damnated on 21.06.2009 at 02:20

and don't forget this

And don't forget this (look at th lenght of the tracks)

Talking seriously, I don't like at all the cover, but what matters is the music after all.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
24.06.2009 - 23:35
Symmachus

Written by Elio on 24.06.2009 at 16:43

and don't forget this

Talking seriously, I don't like at all the cover, but what matters is the music after all.

Yeah, I've heard about that one. The length of that song is insane! I would love to hear it some time, since I'm a fanatic of long songs.

By the way, what do you think is wrong with the album artwork?
25.06.2009 - 00:35
Ivor
Staff
Written by BloodTears on 24.06.2009 at 15:59

Written by Ivor on 24.06.2009 at 15:01

I.

I would love to see GC masterpiece live too but the thing is, Porcupine Tree are coming here in November and I want to hear a lot of songs from previous albums that they didn't play last time. Do you think the'll play "The Incident" in its entirety?

I don't know. But if I were Porcupine Tree, I'd sure as hell would do that a couple of times. At least on gigs that PT is headlining.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
25.06.2009 - 07:31
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Again a cover artwork using a face right? Seems nice, I like the concept of PT covers
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
25.06.2009 - 16:27
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Symmachus on 24.06.2009 at 23:35

Written by Elio on 24.06.2009 at 16:43

and don't forget this

Yeah, I've heard about that one. The length of that song is insane! I would love to hear it some time, since I'm a fanatic of long songs.

By the way, what do you think is wrong with the album artwork?

Don't know it's just that I don't like it as a whole
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.

Hits total: 5496 | This month: 5