Metal Storm logo
Paradise Lost - New Album Title And Cover Art Revealed, Title Track Online

Original news, posted on 19.06.2009

British gothic metal pioneers Paradise Lost have named their upcoming new album "Faith Divides Us Death Unites Us". Vocalist Nick Holmes comments:

"The thoughts behind the title "Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us" are very much self explanatory, there is so much division in the world caused by obstructing religious belief. We are all made of the same flesh and bone, what makes one religions better than the other, and would any true god allow his creation to destroy itself? The vast number of different so called faiths around the globe, just helps to strengthen my complete denial of any god, and force the belief that religion is nothing more than a man made cash induced fabrication to exploit a human beings natural fear of death."

"Faith Divides Us Death Unites Us", the highly anticipated follow-up to 2007's "In Requiem" will be released on Century Media Records in September 2009! Expect the band's darkest and heaviest effort to date!

In May 2009, Paradise Lost also released their demos "Paradise Lost" (1988) and "Frozen Illusion" (1989) accompanied by six live tracks from the "Plains Of Desolation" bootleg officially on CD for the very first time. Featuring extensive liner notes by vocalist Nick Holmes and a stunning vinyl replica packaging, the strictly limited "Drown In Darkness - The Early Demos" is a must-have for every Paradise Lost fan.

You can now watch a personal introduction into the earliest days of the band at the following link.

UPDATE (thanks to un/heart/ed)

A brand new Paradise Lost track, entitled "Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us", has officially been launched at the band's MySpace page.

"Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us" is the title track from the band's forthcoming album, which will be released on September 28 in Europe (October 6 in the US) via Century Media Records.

The cover artwork, which is based upon a Danse Macabre woodcut by Hans Holbein the Younger (first published in 1538), was created by Stefan Wibbeke at Medialogistics (Lacuna Coil, Poisonblack, etc.).

Nick Holmes (vocals) comments on the track as follows: "This song had a massive overhaul in the last few weeks before recording, and thankfully it worked out well. Unlike many bands, we try to know exactly what we are doing once we are in the studio. So re-writes near recording time are as scary as they can be can be rewarding. This song is swathed in melancholy and the closest thing on the album to a "ballad" perhaps. Lyrically the title says it all. I find faith an oddity in that some people may have such devout belief that the only common ground with another human is death itself."

Source: paradiselost.co.uk
Band profile: Paradise Lost
Posted: 30.07.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 212 users
19.06.2009 - 15:04
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Mmmm..... too classic... i just liked holmes's explanation...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.06.2009 - 15:29
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I usually dont like when album titles are too long.. but this one is cool.

Have to check out these demos.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
19.06.2009 - 17:24
lord artan
Very good thank you
19.06.2009 - 23:28
Magatouve
Account deleted
"DIE YOU FUCKERS!!"
Their old demos sound cool!
Check the last 30 seconds of the documentary...
21.06.2009 - 01:03
Symmachus
I wonder what that song is at the end of the video. The video was great.
23.06.2009 - 00:12
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Damn cool trailer.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
14.07.2009 - 16:59
un/heart/ed
The Sufferer
It will be the darkest PL album ever!
----
My only thrill alone in my own hell
16.07.2009 - 10:47
Ladushky
Gimme one!
30.07.2009 - 13:46
Elio
Red Nightmare
I like the medieval feeling of the artwork.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
30.07.2009 - 14:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I lost interest in Paradise Lost, so probably I won't listen to this.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.07.2009 - 16:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by BloodTears on 30.07.2009 at 14:18

Same here... And that makes me quiet sad you know. Because everytime I listen to albums from Lost Paradise to Draconian Times I discover new things and how they were brilliant in the beginning [Although I do like Host...]
Now I feel like the magic is lost, good music indeed... But without that feeling from their old albums.

Great song and artwork though... But I'm not more interested than to just download this if I ever remember to do it in the first place.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.07.2009 - 16:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Me to WTF is this and people ask me why I dont go to to festivals, look what crap is this song, damn firts 5 albums was good, damn if someone say My Dying Bride sucks I make shore his bride realy dies because MDB still kicks ass and plays metal
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.07.2009 - 18:42
VPeter
Written by Bad English on 30.07.2009 at 16:34

Me to WTF is this and people ask me why I dont go to to festivals, look what crap is this song, damn firts 5 albums was good, damn if someone say My Dying Bride sucks I make shore his bride realy dies because MDB still kicks ass and plays metal

OH NOES! ITZ NOT METHOL! NOW ITZ SHUCKS BAWWWWLLSS!!! LAWLLAWLLAWL
31.07.2009 - 00:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite

Judging form you comment here you didn't listen to the new songs at all. They ae on the sane level as Draconian Times and 10% better then the last two gy My Dying Bride albums
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.07.2009 - 00:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.07.2009 at 00:42

Judging form you comment here you didn't listen to the new songs at all. They ae on the sane level as Draconian Times and 10% better then the last two gy My Dying Bride albums

I listen it and I diddnt like it and ewery MDB album is better how this song, even I liked last PL album, but this song, maybe Im in wrong mood but I cant get this song
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.08.2009 - 01:30
Dominus
The Shooter
Seeing the cover, I only can say: I want it now!

Hits total: 4789 | This month: 6