Style: Progressive power metal
Release date: April 1997

01. Crossing
02. Nothing To Say
03. Z.I.T.O
04. Carolina IV
05. Unfinished Allegro
06. Carry On

After the huge success of the album "Holy Land", Angra performed their particular Heavy metal through all of Europe and they finally decided to record their first live album in Paris. The sound of the show is great, Andre Matos, the singer, is on the top and the songs are really good on stage. How could I say that as my rating is only 6 out of 10 you might ask? Because, this live album is very very short... 35 minutes only for such a concert, I guess fans have been offended by the shortness of this album [shorter than some EPs!]. Seeing that 'Crossing' and 'Unfinished Allegro' are short instrumental songs, only 4 'true' songs remain. Not much to satisfy?

'Nothing To Say' is the ideal beginning for such a concert with its huge chorus and solos. Moreover, Andre Matos is giving the best of his French speaking to amaze the audience between the songs, and it works perfectly! 'Carolina IV' is a true moment of peace and a masterpiece of technique. Here guitar solos are spreading into your mind 'till ecstasy. Then, 'Carry On', which is in my opinion Angra's best song ever. The lyrics of this song are really cool... And finally, [I know it's short!], we've got 'Z.I.T.O.' with its incredible guitar parts.

So, a really great live album with good songs, huge sound, good audience, good band... but short as hell! We want more?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 7

Written on 26.08.2003 by Bringing you reviews of quality music and interesting questions such as:

"A picture is worth a thousand words. How many words is a song worth?"

I have only got so much patience and skills, you do the math.

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 15 users
22.06.2009 - 21:35
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Not their best songs, althou perfectly performed. Z.I.TO, also too short.

But it's ok.. few enjoyable minutes.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
23.02.2011 - 23:37
Rating: 8
BlankFile

Its an enjoyable live for sure.

Hits total: 4083 | This month: 6