Metal Storm logo
Wacken Rocks - Slayer And Volbeat Confirmed

Press release from the Wacken staff reads as follows:

For the three day Open Air Festivals "Wacken Rocks Seaside" and "Wacken Rocks Southside" two major highlights of the metal-scene have been added to the Line-Up: SLAYER & VOLBEAT

SLAYER will come to Germany exclusively for the Wacken Rocks shows!

The Thrash-Metal Band SLAYER from California is considered to be one of the most influential metal bands in the world. SLAYER will only perform two Open-Air shows in Germany: one show in Rieden/Kreuth, Southern Germany, and one show in Aurich, East Frisia.

SLAYER, the name says it all. Hardly any other band, no matter how commercially successful they might be, has had such a big influence on the metal-circuit as the foursome from California. In the early Eighties they started to spread out merciless noise from the Sunshine-State to all points of the compass.

With SLAYER the audiences at the ?Wacken Rocks Festivals" will experience a Thrash-thunderstorm, that is without equal. The metal legends around shouter and bassist Tom Araya will bring their brand new studio album ?World Painted Blood", destined to ensure a perfect festival atmosphere.

With the danish cult band VOLBEAT the second headlining slot for the Wacken Rocks Festivals has been taken. VOLBEAT is another exceptional band, rounding up the Line-Up of the Wacken Rocks Festivals. Ever since their last album "Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood" they have outgrown their status as an insiders tip and now are unstoppable marching to the top.

We're proud that we once again managed to lure VOLBEAT to Germany.

The 2009 ?Wacken Rocks Festivals" within their three day festival spectacles present almost 50 bands. Enough campsites are now available in Aurich. The campsite bordering the festival site has been expanded.

Further details on the festivals can be found at the Wacken homepage www.wacken.com and at www.wackenrocks.com

Source: wacken.com
Event: Wacken Rocks Seaside
Posted: 23.06.2009 by jupitreas

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 114 users
23.06.2009 - 00:29
Asitis

I still wonder what the big headliner for WOA will be. I mean, it is the 20th edition, there should be something worth the ticket!
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
23.06.2009 - 01:44
terrorist

Nothing my friend,this year sucks...
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
23.06.2009 - 03:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
This is a different Wacken fest right? i didnt even know there was a seaside derivative of WOA
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.06.2009 - 09:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 23.06.2009 at 03:23

This is a different Wacken fest right? i didnt even know there was a seaside derivative of WOA

there's also a Wacken Rocks South(which is held in Southern Germany), Wacken Rocks Brazil and also Wacken Rocks Berlin(though i haven't heard anything about these 2 for quite a while)
24.06.2009 - 00:24
Symmachus

I wonder how much longer Slayer will be around, considering that they have been a band for quite a long while.
24.06.2009 - 04:51
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 23.06.2009 at 09:57

there's also a Wacken Rocks South(which is held in Southern Germany), Wacken Rocks Brazil and also Wacken Rocks Berlin(though i haven't heard anything about these 2 for quite a while)

yeah ive heard of wacken rocks brazil. ive just never heard of this incarnation.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2782 | This month: 4