Metal Storm logo
Fear Factory - Pull Out Of Summer Dates

A message from Burton and Dino posted to the Bloodstock festival, which is one of the dates the band were supposed to be playing this summer, reads as follows:

"I am writing to each and every one of you to relay important information regarding the Fear Factory concerts between June 21, through August 15. We regretfully are informing you that we are postponing these dates in Europe, to schedule for later dates.

These particular dates are being postponed in order that we as Fear Factory may finalize the writing and recording of our new music. We are aware that this album will be a very important recording for each of us in Fear Factory. That this album has to be sonically incredible for each and every one of you who are sincerely interested in listening to this latest creation. In order for Fear Factory to create the album of our career, we must focus and work diligently to engineer our rhythms of mechanical death. We feel that rushing to release this recording will not be beneficial to the craft of our manufacturing.

In this parting statement, please understand that postponing these dates is not for any other reason than to create the album that Fear Factory fans are anxious to hear.

Burton C Bell
Dino Cazares"

This comes after the news that Christian and Raymond claim that Dino and Burton reformed as "Fear Factory" without even communicating with them, and are thus in legal battle over the name.

Source: bloodstock.uk.com
Band profile: Fear Factory
Posted: 24.06.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 76 users
24.06.2009 - 14:59
Baz Anderson

"...please understand that postponing these dates is not for any other reason than to create the album..."

Yeh, I doubt that. My respect for Burton and Dino has gone right down after this whole situation.
24.06.2009 - 15:03
Darkside Momo
Retired
My respect for Dino hasn't been high for a long time now, since he was behind the nu metal sound of Digimortal.
Yeah, bunch of hypocrites if you ask me
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
24.06.2009 - 21:28
Eddie Misery

Hmm--I see what you mean, I still liked a few songs on Digimortal honestly, but Obsolete was by far my favorite. And I find it hard to believe that date cancellations have NOTHING to do with the legal battle, but whatever. It is what it is.

Though I can't help but speculate...who's to say that this is Bell and Dino's doing? The whole name thing I mean. Maybe Christian and Raymond fudged the story a bit after hearing about the new lineup? I have no idea, just speculating. In any case, it sucks that the dates were canceled, but I wouldn't have been there anyway, so...whatever lol.

I just want to hear the new album already and see what it has to offer. And I hope sincerely that it's a world apart (in a good way, obviously) from Transgression.
25.06.2009 - 01:12
Symmachus

When I saw the title of this news for the first time, I immediately thought it's because of the legal trouble surrounding the band's name. I was wrong, I guess. By the way, shouldn't they deal with the legal issues of their name before cancelling concert dates so that "Fear Factory may finalize the writing and recording of our new music". Some of these deeds are questionable.
25.06.2009 - 02:01
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Baz Anderson on 24.06.2009 at 14:59

"...please understand that postponing these dates is not for any other reason than to create the album..."

Yeh, I doubt that. My respect for Burton and Dino has gone right down after this whole situation.

yeah dude thats complete bullshit. no other reasons my ass.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.06.2009 - 06:51
Eternal Flames

Seems like that included their Australian tour dates I've been listening to them a fair bit lately (never really bothered before), and was contemplating heading to see them. I suppose at least I'll now be able to have a listen to a broader range of their discography before they head over here again.
25.06.2009 - 07:35
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by LeChron James on 25.06.2009 at 02:01

Written by Baz Anderson on 24.06.2009 at 14:59

yeah dude thats complete bullshit. no other reasons my ass.

Totally agree man, pure bullshit.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
25.06.2009 - 11:22
Hamird
Lieutenant
Though I respect Stroud and Hoglan a lot, but I prefer to have a Fear Factory including Raymond and Christian in it. I really don't care about Dino.
25.06.2009 - 22:07
brapp32

I'm with you. I'd rather see them with raymond and Christian. I'm not a big fan of dino either. He was talking all kinds of shit about raymond. Saying that he wasn't a good drummer.

Hits total: 2574 | This month: 7