Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy - Re-Records Album Later This Year

The big news in the Arch Enemy camp is that Andy Sneap (Megadeth, Testament, Exodus, etc.) has completed the mixing and mastering of the new Arch Enemy record, "The Root Of All Evil". This special release features a seIection of completely re-recorded songs from the first three Arch Enemy albums, "Black Earth", "Stigmata" and "Burning Bridges", and will be released via Century Media Records on September 28th in Europe and October 6th in North America.

Guitarist Michael Amott comments: "This one took some time to get done, despite the fact that the actual songs were already written a good few years ago! The album was recorded at a few different locations locally here in Sweden - produced by Arch Enemy, with Daniel Erlandsson (drums) handling a lot of the engineering. It was then sent to Andy Sneap in England for the mixing/mastering and I simply can't stop listening to this since I got the final mixes!"

In the light of Arch Enemy finding their defining line-up and a bigger worldwide recognition with 2002's "Wages Of Sin" album, it has been a logical decision to look into updating and upgrading the earlier compositions, to be able to present them in the splendour of a 2009 shape.

Regarding further details of the process, Michael Amott adds: "We basically headed down to our rehearsal studio, got reacquainted with the tunes, picked out our favorites and proceeded to give a breath of new life to those early songs, with the idea to have the possibility to re-add them to the live set and follow up with some touring activity! I'm loving hearing these songs with a fresh new sound and performance, everyone in the band did a killer job on it - especially Angela's vocal performance is astoundingly intense and brutal and it was also cool to hear Sharlee lay down some great bass tracks on the early songs! The production and mix is crushing and heavy as hell - it really makes these old songs shine - it sounds like a brand new thing!".

More details on "The Root Of All Evil" will be available in the coming weeks.

Source: www2.centurymedia.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 24.06.2009 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 31   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 263 users
02.07.2009 - 20:27
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
In fact, I would rather it be the other way: Re-recording post-2001 albums with Johan.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face

Hits total: 3785 | This month: 6