Metal Storm logo
Shining - Sign With Indie Recordings

Shining has inked a deal with Norwegian label Indie Recordings, that includes the release of two full-length albums, and the release of the first ever official DVD from the band.

Commenting on the new signing Shining's front man and creator Niklas "Kvarforth" Olsson, said "Shining has reached a stage now where we have a considerable following, that is growing rapidly all the time, and I believe we have reached a new maturity with our music, expanding beyond what people expect from us, and we expect to go even further. It was, therefore, time to notch things up in respect of labels. We liked what Indie have been doing for their other bands, and we felt that Shining would be comfortable in a relationship with them".

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Shining
Posted: 24.06.2009 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 45 users
24.06.2009 - 17:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Shining comfortable in a relationship? What?

Anyway, does this include the VI album?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.06.2009 - 17:36
Deadsoulman

I think VI is still supposed to be released by Osmose. According to Osmose website:

"22/06/2009:
SHINING album is delayed again and again from the factory...We've got a new delivery date now who is set up for May 30th, 2009, while we are not 100% sure if all will work out good from the printing company who is handleling the booklet and the tray card of the CD. We still face the same problem with the quality printing who does not satisfy anybody at the pressing plan."

I believe they mean June 30th...
24.06.2009 - 17:57
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Lucas on 24.06.2009 at 17:31

Shining comfortable in a relationship? What?

Anyway, does this include the VI album?

btw, has anybody already heard it?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
24.06.2009 - 22:05
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Enslaved also moved to that label... per the 2ndary tour manager, they preferred the support this time around the US over the tour in late '07... must be something good going on over there.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.06.2009 - 22:23
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Cant find their damn new album anywhere!

This DVD looks like its gonna be interesting..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
25.06.2009 - 02:00
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I know its the name of the label so dont jump down my throat, but "Indie" and "Shining" in the same sentence is just fuckin hilarious
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2106 | This month: 3