Metal Storm logo
Download Festival - Relive Download 2009

For the very first time, and exclusively to downloadfestival.co.uk, the Download Festival is giving fans the opportunity to relive performances from the event, 'On Demand' for the next three months. Featuring 15 artists, including all three headliners, a massive 38 full songs will be available.

As the most successful event in the history of the Download Festival both onsite and online, with over 2.3 million live streams served on the official website in three days, event organisers are thrilled to be offering more than ever before. Live Nation are, for the very first time, able to show performances from the event for a limited period starting at 9:00am on Friday 26 June.

Featuring the debut festival performance in more than 11 years for Faith No More, the return of Limp Bizkit, plus rousing performances from Def Leppard, Slipknot, Korn and Pendulum, all these and more can be relived via the award-winning official Download Festival website.

The Download Festival 2009, saw a capacity 80,000 audience watch the bands live onsite and 304,000 unique viewers tune in to the live webcast. Now Download festival will reach its widest audience yet as the brand new 'On Demand' service goes live next week.

"This has become a truly remarkable year for the Download Festival, we rolled out our most successful live stream of the event and we are now able to provide our first ever On Demand service. We worked closely with the bands and management to achieve this and look forward to developing this relationship further." - Mark Yovich, EVP & GM International Digital, Live Nation.

A full review of this year's Download Festival can be found at the following locations:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/

Source: downloadfestival.co.uk
Event: Download Festival 2009
Posted: 25.06.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 91 users
25.06.2009 - 21:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
That's good news for my brother, sister, and other FNM fan friends who were not able to catch the live, streaming performance as it fell during our workday.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.06.2009 - 21:49
Fat & Sassy!
elite
The Faith No More videos are very amusing. Surprised they still got it.
25.06.2009 - 22:56
Baz Anderson
staff
If I get time, I'm definitely going to watch some sets. Be interesting to see how different they sounded on the stream. I watched a few Faith No More ones on youtube and the sound was so soft... in real life Mike's screams were ear-shattering!
26.06.2009 - 06:51
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 25.06.2009 at 22:56

I watched a few Faith No More ones on youtube and the sound was so soft... in real life Mike's screams were ear-shattering!

Yeah, I can imagine. Do you know if he did anything strictly metal besides early Mr. Bungle EPs? I'd love to hear his shrieks and screams backed up by some really heavy music!

Hits total: 2790 | This month: 6