03. Erroreggae
04. Jericho 5:8
05. Tre Scimmie
06. Io Non Ho Paura
07. Mother Africa
08. Chimica Contro Chimica
09. Qui E Adesso
10. 1968

Actually it is completely beyond me why Sonora '68 wants a review on Metal Storm or any other site dedicated to heavy metal. 1968 doesn't feature one single riff that could even slightly be considered metal, no progressive elements whatsoever, no hard rock. Actually a large portion of the music doesn't even have anything to do with rock at all. As I'm not all to big on any of these styles the best description I can give you of their music is a mix of Italian pop-rock, pop-punk, crossover elements and a lot of reggae. Almost all of the lyrics are in Italian. The music is very soft throughout the whole CD, but fails to have a soothing effect on me.

One big forte of the album is that there's a lot of variation going on between songs. While the tracks themselves may seem rather simple on the surface, every one of them contains a lot of different musical elements. Yet if close to none of those elements appeal to you, that alone can't make a really enjoyable disc either. By the way "1968" refers to the battle of Valle Giulia in which a few thousand left-wing Italian students attacked the police.

If a mix of The Police and reggae music sounds appealing to you; check out this band. If it doesn't, you shouldn't bother.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 7
Originality: -
Production: 7

Written by Bas | 28.06.2009

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 42 users
28.06.2009 - 21:15
Fat & Sassy!

"Actually it is completely beyond me why Sonora '68 wants a review on Metal Storm or any other site dedicated to heavy metal."

It's because they know we are open-minded, sophisticated types of metalheads. >:[
28.06.2009 - 22:07
iaberis
Advice Troll
Lol i knew that was an anarchist on the cover
----
Bitch! Please
28.06.2009 - 22:53
Derwood

"If a mix of The Police and reggae music sounds appealing to you; check out this band. If it doesn't, you shouldn't bother."

Isn't this a little redundant since The Police played heavily reggae-influenced pop?
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
28.06.2009 - 23:10
RockeRoy

I actually get kind of pissed when i see these guys have a profile here, why not lett bands that have influenced Metal and that many metal heads like get a profile insted.. like Pink Floyd.
Maybe there is some reason i don't know, but...
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
28.06.2009 - 23:15
Rating: 6
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 28.06.2009 at 21:15

It's because they know we are open-minded, sophisticated types of metalheads. >:[

Experience shows that that's often pretty far from the truth =P

Written by iaberis on 28.06.2009 at 22:07

Lol i knew that was an anarchist on the cover

Anarchism sucks

Written by Derwood on 28.06.2009 at 22:53

Isn't this a little redundant since The Police played heavily reggae-influenced pop?

I'll have to admit that I actually only really know a couple of songs by The Police
Like I said in the review I'm not really big on this kind of music, so...

Written by RockeRoy on 28.06.2009 at 23:10

I actually get kind of pissed when i see these guys have a profile here, why not lett bands that have influenced Metal and that many metal heads like get a profile insted.. like Pink Floyd.

These guys aren't actually featured on Metal Storm. They have a so-called "invisible" profile which I had to make to be able to upload a review of their album.
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
28.06.2009 - 23:21
RockeRoy

Quote:
These guys aren't actually featured on Metal Storm. They have a so-called "invisible" profile which I had to make to be able to upload a review of their album.

Ok, i see, but i have always looked at "The invisible" bands like they have a profile but was just not visible yet.
----

Walk with me in hell
28.06.2009 - 23:33
Rating: 6
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by RockeRoy on 28.06.2009 at 23:21

Ok, i see, but i have always looked at "The invisible" bands like they have a profile but was just not visible yet.

Technically speaking that's the case. But one of the big differences is that they don't have a profile because the staff considers them "worthy" of it, but just because we have to make it to be able to correctly upload a review, that's all
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
28.06.2009 - 23:52
RockeRoy

Quote:
Technically speaking that's the case. But one of the big differences is that they don't have a profile because the staff considers them "worthy" of it, but just because we have to make it to be able to correctly upload a review, that's all

ok, i see:)
----

Walk with me in hell

Hits total: 2856 | This month: 2