Metal Storm logo
Revocation

Original post

Posted by Galar, 29.06.2009 - 07:46
Revocation, from Boston MA are with ease the best thing to come out of my hometown. I had the pleasure last night of hearing the upcoming album(which does not come out until september) from Phil the drummer. So what do you guys think? I think these guys have so much potential.

www.myspace.com/revocation
31.10.2009 - 19:34
RockeRoy

I liked their previous record bette than the new one
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
01.11.2009 - 19:37
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by RockeRoy on 31.10.2009 at 19:34

I liked their previous record bette than the new one

I did too, to an extent. But their new one is much more musically proficient and their technique at playing their instruments has expanded and will keep getting better.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
11.11.2009 - 21:55
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Empire Of The Obscene was awesome, great technicality, super speed and flesh ripping riffs are all the words i could use to describe that album.I think they surely have a lot of potential to become a great band.
16.11.2009 - 07:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I finally got a computer so I finally burned the new album. Even though they still lack with making interesting riffs, the album is pretty impressive. I like the way they do solos, using no other guitar riffs at the same time. It definitely didn't sound how I expected.

They'd be way better with two guitarists.
01.03.2010 - 03:39
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by Dangerboner on 16.11.2009 at 07:52

I finally got a computer so I finally burned the new album. Even though they still lack with making interesting riffs, the album is pretty impressive. I like the way they do solos, using no other guitar riffs at the same time. It definitely didn't sound how I expected.

They have a 2nd touring guitarist right now, from Cynaide Breed
----
17.03.2010 - 03:42
Galar
Wicked Mung
Soooo...you euro's finally excited to see Revo?!
----
26.03.2010 - 10:17
JohnWayneGacy666

Revocation is good, defianetly but they haven't released a great album yet
04.04.2010 - 11:36
Lachy
Account deleted
I really like Revocation because they are quite different to other tech death bands and for 3 members they put out a big sound
25.04.2010 - 07:30
Galar
Wicked Mung
So what do you euro's think?
----
25.04.2010 - 21:47
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Listened to Empire of the Obscene the other day, and I recalled why I had liked it. . I didn't like their latest as much; it sounded messy, but I'll give it a listen soon to see what I think about it now.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
28.01.2012 - 00:04
Grody2themax

Written by Dangerboner on 16.11.2009 at 07:52

Old post but...That statement means nothing really. If you actually listen, they write with the concept of two guitars, but sometimes play solos with just one guitar, bass and drums and this is only to add some sort of dynamic effect, not because they lack the ability to to add a second guitar. Also, there are a lot of harmonies.

I think more so with the newer album though, they wrote even more with the intent of co-oping the two guitars because they got a new guitarist right after Existence.

Also, what is your definition of an interesting riff? They have some of the most original, catchy, and diverse riffing out there.