Metal Storm logo
3 Inches Of Blood - New Album Tracklisting

The world is eagerly awaiting the triumphant return of one of the biggest defenders of traditional heavy metal, 3 Inches Of Blood, and the anticipation continues to build to epic proportions. The stunning new album, "Here Waits Thy Doom", was tracked in Seattle's Sound House Recordings with renowned producer Jack Endino (High On Fire) and is soon to be hailed as the gospel of all things heavy. The album's official track listing is below along with some very interesting covers that span the hard rock spectrum and will be appearing as b-sides and/or bonus tracks for the upcoming release.

"Here Waits Thy Doom" is set for a September 8th release and stay tuned to the bands official MySpace page for all tour dates, videos and current news.

"Here Waits Thy Doom" tracklisting:

01. Battles and Brotherhood
02. Rock In Hell
03. Silent Killer
04. Fierce Defender
05. Preachers Daughter
06. Call of the Hammer
07. Snake Fighter
08. At the Foot of the Great Glacier
09. All of them Witches
10. 12:34
11. Execution Tank
12. Not Fragile (Bachman-Turner Overdrive cover)
13. Cities on Flame (Blue Oyster Cult cover)
14. Daytona (Zeke cover)

Cam Pipes (vocals) further explains the band's decision process when picking out what songs to pay homage to: "We decided to cover "Not Fragile" by Bachman-Turner Overdrive because they're a Canadian band and we wanted to represent our Canadian musical roots. BTO had many hits, but we wanted to do a deeper cut from their catalog plus 'Not Fragile' has a heavy driving riff at the core of the song which we felt translated well with our style.

"Blue Oyster Cult's 'Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll' is a song that our guitarist Justin had played the main riff to at soundcheck for a few years now and I guess it just got stuck in our heads, so we decided to learn it and record it. We've also been friends with Zeke for many years and 'Daytona' has always been a favorite Zeke song of ours. It's another one we've loosely jammed out in the rehearsal space and soundchecks before. It's a rare, slow Zeke song, which is good because we'd probably butcher one of their fast songs."

Shane Clark (guitars) states: "Our new album is finished and we've named it Here Waits Thy Doom. Much like our last record it is a step beyond the album that precedes it. We've again taken what we do a step further and not made Fire up the Blades part 2, we've stuck to our formula- no formula. We are true metal fans and we've made an unapologetic metal record. I think this our most focused record to date, from writing all the way to mixing there was no unnecessary drama or too many cooks in the kitchen. This is 3 Inches Of Blood at its most punishing, epic and mighty."

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: 3 Inches Of Blood
Posted: 02.07.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 58 users
02.07.2009 - 20:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hell yeah!

"Rock In Hell" and "Call of the Hammer" sound like typical 3IOB, can't wait, they NEED to come to Romania sometimes, there's tons of unsatisfied classic metal fans who need a fresh kicking young band like 3IOB.
02.07.2009 - 22:44
Elio
Red Nightmare
I'll keep an eye on this, could be interesting.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.07.2009 - 22:55
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
At the foot of the great glacier? not just any glacier but THE great glacier? im down.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.07.2009 - 01:16
insanity.peppers

And its out the day before Ensiferum's new release. September is looking to be one metal fuckin month.
03.07.2009 - 03:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Lol. "All Of Them Witches".

Should be good.....Jack Endino just sweetens the deal.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.07.2009 - 14:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 02.07.2009 at 22:55

At the foot of the great glacier? not just any glacier but THE great glacier? im down.

yeah man isn't it awesome?
03.07.2009 - 17:16
munson

I can't wait for this album. 3IOB is one of the mightiest metal bands out there these days. Good ol' Heavy Metal, which is tough to come by.
04.07.2009 - 23:57
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Wow, a Blue Oyster Cult and Zeke cover. Very unexpected, but I'm looking forward to hearing it all
05.07.2009 - 00:21
Butters49

I have Justin Hagberg added on facebook lol
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
05.07.2009 - 01:05
kaylamacgavin

Gunna be goood
05.07.2009 - 14:04
Crème fraiche

Written by insanity.peppers on 03.07.2009 at 01:16

And its out the day before Ensiferum's new release. September is looking to be one metal fuckin month.

Agreed!!
08.07.2009 - 08:51
Murder

Awesomee!! I can't wait to get it!!!! I want more of this guys...

3IOB is coming back!
09.07.2009 - 19:57
thesabbathfan

I dig it, fuckeneh 3iob!!
----

Hits total: 3464 | This month: 6