Metal Storm logo
Burzum - Working On New Album

After 16 years in prison, Varg Vikernes of Burzum states in an interview with Norway's Dagbladet.no, that he has begun work on a so far untitled album.

Varg, who got released in May earlier this year, says in the interview that he has so far written 9 tracks for the album which is to be released next year. He also states that several labels has already shown interest in publishing, what is to be the first Burzum album in 10 years. He assured the fans not to worry, and that it will be a "true Burzum release".

In the interview Varg also speaks of a book he bas been writing during his imprisonment, that will feature the Norwegian Black Metal society, the murder, sentence and imprisonment through his own eyes. But it is yet to be published.

Source: dagbladet.no
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 09.07.2009 by Vermin

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 80   [ 5 ignored ]   Visited by: 342 users
10.07.2009 - 00:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by tulkas on 10.07.2009 at 00:06

For some reason I'm more excited about the book than the album

As for the book, I hope he uses a ghost writer cause his own writing is simply horrendously atrocious (just read Vargsma to see what I mean)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.07.2009 - 00:30
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.07.2009 at 00:23

As for the book, I hope he uses a ghost writer cause his own writing is simply horrendously atrocious (just read Vargsma to see what I mean)

Hmm, I guess I'll check that one out first, then. Thanks. I said I was more excited about the book 'cause I'm not really looking forward for that album. Even if he says to expect pure Burzum stuff, I'm kinda skeptic about that.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
10.07.2009 - 00:37
SoulScarred

He looks like my grandpa in that picture
10.07.2009 - 00:43
Symmachus

This is fascinating news. I will be curious about this upcoming album and this upcoming book. My opinion on the whole "to buy or not to buy from a murderer/arsonist/whatever" debate is that usually, I think it would be fine to buy a CD off of this man. That is, unless he would be writing a song with lyrics going "I killed Euronymous. And I'm proud of it!". I'm less likely to buy an album if something like that would occur within the music.
10.07.2009 - 01:30
AMonitorDarkly

Fuck. Yes.
10.07.2009 - 03:19
bard

We're all sinners, you guys. Some of us just write better music than others.
----
10.07.2009 - 03:33
Got Mayhem?

Well, looking forward to this.

People, you listen to these albums for the music. If you dont like the musicians political orientations or media statements than just ignore them. If your so interested in those things than fine, but dont make it an issue when it comes to their music.
Thanks.
----
10.07.2009 - 03:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by bard on 10.07.2009 at 03:19

Then why the hell is Kristian still writing music? His music was mediocre at best and the guy sound like a fucking canary that's being strangled while inhaling gas.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.07.2009 - 03:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Got Mayhem? on 10.07.2009 at 03:33

Well, looking forward to this.

People, you listen to these albums for the music. If you dont like the musicians political orientations or media statements than just ignore them. If your so interested in those things than fine, but dont make it an issue when it comes to their music.
Thanks.

If you don't want to make it an issue for yourself fine by me, but please let me make it an issue for me if I want to.
Plus, like I said before I find Kristian's music mediocre at best.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.07.2009 - 05:22
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I don't find his music that bad, but when talking about black metal, obviously, IMO, he is not the best out there, he is not a fucking holy cow or the god that many people are talking about. I have to accept that it is very annoying to listen to Burzum sometimes...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
10.07.2009 - 06:29
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Let the jizzfest begin.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.07.2009 - 06:48
insanity.peppers

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I would like to hear an album that combines elements from before he was in prison to during his imprisonment -- black metal mixed with that ambient, etherreal stuff.

Either way it'll be cool to see what new stuff he has in mind
10.07.2009 - 07:20
symbolic727

Best Metal news all year!
10.07.2009 - 07:20
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
What is a Burzum?
----
(space for rent)
10.07.2009 - 09:09
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Interesting to see morals being discussed by black metal fans. If you're going to exclude work done by criminals from your CD collection, there's a nice little list of CD's you need to throw away and also a nice little set of good releases that you should avoid. If music is good then just listen to it without being a prat. Thinking about who the musician is, his history and all his petty crimes just sounds more like a pass time for teenagers to me. Good music is so scarce these days that its worth listening to even if its done by a dead pedo, although his kind of music is far from close to my taste. Its like saying: "I never listen to Satyricon because Satyr's pants are too tight". Lame.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
10.07.2009 - 12:34
iaberis
Advice Troll
His book might be interesting... the album not
----
Bitch! Please
10.07.2009 - 13:02
kaylamacgavin

This is great news! It should be interesting to hear a "black metal" album from him after all these years. I'm pretty stoked for his book as well. Awesome news.
10.07.2009 - 13:49
dCepT

10.07.2009 - 14:00
Macedonia
Account deleted
Have you seen the photos on the page?

They are veryyyyyyyy interesting!
10.07.2009 - 14:01
METAL!

I bet the writers at ANUS all had a major gangbang when they heard this news...
10.07.2009 - 14:59
Throne Dweller

I wonder why he still thinks the Norwegian Black Metal scene is so damn epic. It's no different and in some cases probably weaker than other communities.
10.07.2009 - 15:05
routa
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 10.07.2009 at 07:20

What is a Burzum?

"Darkness" in Sauron's Black speech.
10.07.2009 - 16:20
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Guest on 10.07.2009 at 15:05

What is a Burzum?

Yeah, I know, I was being sarcastic. I am fully aware of who Varg is and all his rediculous antics. I always found it so ironic that Varg got into Tolkien.
----
(space for rent)
10.07.2009 - 16:53
routa
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 10.07.2009 at 16:20

Written by Guest on 10.07.2009 at 15:05

What is a Burzum?

Yeah, I know, I was being sarcastic. I am fully aware of who Varg is and all his rediculous antics. I always found it so ironic that Varg got into Tolkien.

I know you were, so was I.
10.07.2009 - 19:07
Shovite

Great.... thats perfect....
10.07.2009 - 19:32
Konrad
Mormon Storm

KONRAD <3'S BURZUM LOL BFF YAY!

(and for all you idiots who can't shut the fuck up about mayhem, or nazis, or whatever, try reading the writings from his website. Burzum was more influential than mayhem IMO...not to mention nobody else in the band was good enough to lay down fresh bass tracks after they kicked varg out. My father is Jewish, I'm Christian, and neither of those facts negate the fact that Burzum is fucking awesome so HAH!)
----
Brujerizmo!
10.07.2009 - 19:45
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
----
(space for rent)
10.07.2009 - 23:48
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.07.2009 at 03:48

Then why the hell is Kristian still writing music? His music was mediocre at best and the guy sound like a fucking canary that's being strangled while inhaling gas.

Hahahaha I think he would be in jail again soon if he knew you called him by his real name hahaha lol, and this definition of his music and his... ahem, vocal abilities haha, is one of the best things Ive heard these days haha
----
11.07.2009 - 00:27
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Stalker on 10.07.2009 at 23:48

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.07.2009 at 03:48

Hahahaha I think he would be in jail again soon if he knew you called him by his real name hahaha lol, and this definition of his music and his... ahem, vocal abilities haha, is one of the best things Ive heard these days haha

If you legally change your name, the new one becomes your real name. Marcel's just keeping his "metal eliticist" attitude up'n running.
----
11.07.2009 - 02:56
Warman
Erotic Stains
I am really looking forward to this one!
----

Hits total: 8037 | This month: 9