Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - Video For New Single Leaked

The video for Iron Maiden's upcoming single, 'The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg', has been leaked onto various sites after being aired 'exclusively' to Iron Maiden Fanclub members today (17th July) at 00:01. The video can be found at the following locations:

Windows Media Player - Higher Quality

Windows Media Player - Lower Quality

Real Player - Higher Quality

Real Player - Lower Quality

Iron Maiden's new single is expected to be released on the 14th August, although it will not be competing in the charts, due to the fact that the b-side is a recording of 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' recorded during the Radio 1 'Legends' Sessions, and the single is therefore too long to be charted.

Source: forum.maidenfans.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 17.07.2006 by Silky

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 30   Visited by: 11 users
17.07.2006 - 14:19
Jeff
Freaky Admin
The song is really dark... that's cool.. and it's not a bad song

Though it's extremely basic too...
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
17.07.2006 - 14:57
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Guess I'll have to check this out... should be good...
17.07.2006 - 15:22
Talvi

nmaaaa... it looks a bit generic... Iron Maiden is always good, but this doesn't impress me
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
17.07.2006 - 15:39
Richard

The song is OK - nothing spectacular, but it grows on you. I agree with Jeff that it's a bit basic though.
----
17.07.2006 - 15:56
Bas
Retired Staff
nice song i liked it, although like richard said before me it´s nothing spectacular, but it´s only the single so i´m not really worrying, i´m looking forward to the new album
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.07.2006 - 16:15
norse steel
Account deleted
i like this song somewhat, but i really hope that the rest ov the album isn't like this, it doesn't really sound like maiden, the one main riff sounds like motley crue or something...
17.07.2006 - 16:28
Prowler84

The song needs to be NOT OVERLOOKED. Give you some time, to feel and understand the song.You will see it will be growin'!
----
Steve Harris isn't a God.God is a S.Harris!!
17.07.2006 - 16:38
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Agree with Jeff. Reminds me a bit about Afraid to Shoot Stranges, the way it's structured. I don't like it that much, but it's not unusual for Maiden to release the worse tracks as singles... and I'll let it grow on me :p
17.07.2006 - 16:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why can I watch it whit media player, I had almoust all players and I watch and use media player, because its betetr sound,but I cant see it here, why
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.07.2006 - 16:57
RavenLord

K7, here is another source for the video, if none of those above work for you.

I would agree that this song is a bit simplistic, but it was chosen as the single, even if this single cannot compete in the charts. And it does grow on you...

(Plus, they managed to write the lyrics without the name 'Benjamin Breeg' in it, as far as I can tell...)
----
17.07.2006 - 16:58
SteTech

Not too fond of the new song, mainly because it's just too long without any progression. Hope the rest of the new album is not as disappointing
17.07.2006 - 17:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok I saw it in real player

So my coment:

Beginning Reamainds me dark video, suicide video, like Sentenced ''Neferthi'' or one Evergray video, its something from Iron Maiden since ''Brave New World'', after Bruce regoint to bnad

Middle Remainds me 'Flight of Icarus'' video, those studio stuffs, iff it wasntv so dark its be like ''Holly Smoke'' but Bruce, Bruce what you done to your hair, better dont see you only hear, I realy dont want see Bruce, only hear it, song was great and I realy enjoy those studio vidoes like Morgna Lafey ''Hallow'' Metallica ''Nothing Alse Metters'' Blind Guardian ''Mirror Mirror'' ....... realy love studio stuff, and those stuffs(dunno name in english) in ear locls great, and Steave bass are great ''West Ham United'' forever for Steave, and some say football and metal dont go together, football isnt for metalheads

End what a drama, lest play for new
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.07.2006 - 17:29
Daniell
_爱情_
The song is nothing special, but I don't worry. 3 years ago "Wildest Dreams" occurred to be probably the worst song on "Dance of Death". I hope this time it's the case too.
17.07.2006 - 18:02
mightywolf
Account deleted
the osng is ok and the video well i didn't like it
17.07.2006 - 18:27
Richard

Yeah, the video itself isn't up to much, but it's better than some of Maiden's past videos! I think Heavy Metal videos are often a bit patronising towards their audiences, with embarrassingly cheesy cartoons and things, so at least this one is a bit more 'mature' even if it's not too exciting.
----
17.07.2006 - 19:03
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Agree with daniell_p and cyguy
17.07.2006 - 20:08
kakalokola

the cideo sux ..but the song its ok ..its nice
17.07.2006 - 21:32
SkattleSkank
Account deleted
the video is crap, but i like the song, definetly NOT their best work, could be better (and the vocals are kinda weak :\ )
17.07.2006 - 21:44
Dragonlord TG

The song is great, I am really looking foward to the new album.

The video is nothing special though.
17.07.2006 - 21:50
Revenant
Account deleted
It's all been said, nto a bad song but it's no paschendale. fuck loads better than Wildest Dreams though.
17.07.2006 - 22:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
Just as I thought, excellent! The only thing I can complain at is the weak chorus.
This song will rock live!
----
17.07.2006 - 22:32
Pianoman
Account deleted
A good song but not spectacular. The video it's only ok.
18.07.2006 - 02:27
Daru Jericho

Very average for Maiden. Video is boring too. At least it's listenable.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

18.07.2006 - 07:03
MetalSpider

Pretty good. Nothing special, but Ive heard worse. Hopefully the rest of the album will have better songs.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
18.07.2006 - 09:39
Darkside Momo
Retired
As everyone said, quite a classical Maiden song. Liked it, but I suppose the rest will be better...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
19.07.2006 - 02:37
Gefahr

I like it specially the solo
----
METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!!!!
19.07.2006 - 23:27
StarFace
Account deleted
Iron Maiden arnt known for their videos because they are not very good and who cares its not about the videos its about the music. This song is a nice change from the keyboards in Dance of Death (although thats one of my favorite maiden albums) and its good to listen to a track thats just raw and no overdubs, computer crap and other stuff. thats why they sound so great live because they play live on their albums. Its true they dont pick the best songs for their singles but i have great faith in my alltime favorite band that this album will be a killer
19.11.2006 - 18:01
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
This Song Is Killer .....Geat Song...Anyway there was no doubt that maiden's new song would Be cool like this!!
Its Different Fom past songs ...But it is awesome!
Truly Satisfying for Maiden fans...:
Up The Irons!!banger:
16.12.2006 - 08:44
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
This song is great, but who exactly is Benjamin Breeg?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
19.12.2006 - 05:36
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
The song is dark...one of the greatest maiden song..The video is also good.

Hits total: 5650 | This month: 14