Metal Storm logo
Celtic Legacy - Have Split Up

Celtic Legacy is sorry to announce that the band is to be put on hold indefinitely with immediate effect.

A statement from the band reads as follows: "We had already begun the process of following up "Guardian Of Eternity", but financial woes have put paid to the prospect of a new album. The band is in heavy debt following the recording of the previous CD. It was hoped that sales of the last release would finance new recordings but subsequent heavy downloading massively outstripped actual album sales, effectively putting paid to any chance we had of financing new projects.

Putting it simply - we're broke. We put everything we had into the last album, but the music scene has changed to the point where we simply can't afford any further band activity, especially with the recession adding to the money squeeze. We've made back only a fraction of the money it cost us to record the last album and we can't afford to do another one. It's as simple as that.

We would like to thank everyone who supported the band since it started way back in 1997. We've had our share of ups and downs since we began, but leaving 3 albums behind - all recorded and released using our own resources is an achievement we're all very proud of.

The band's websites will remain live and the albums will still be available to buy from those locations.

All members of the band go their separate ways on excellent terms and we would not rule out a return somewhere down the line. But for the present, we need to take a long time away until things drastically improve."

Source: celtic-legacy.com
Band profile: Celtic Legacy
Posted: 12.07.2009 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 69 users
12.07.2009 - 18:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lets drink for Irand, let peace rule there, good band split up,
Cheers spirit never dies
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.07.2009 - 22:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Yeah...I think I have the guitarist on my facebook friends list, we discussed a lot of anti-downloading stuff, by the sounds of the way he talked, I'm really not surprised.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.07.2009 - 23:47
Symmachus

Man, and another one splits up because of downloads. This gives me another reason to go against downloading. Man, this sucks.
14.07.2009 - 03:38
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Makes sense. cant make money off stuff people won't pay for.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
14.07.2009 - 18:57
YoreLore

Hope the fans that downloaded their material are ashamed. It may be all well and good downloading a Metallica album, do they really need more money? Downloading small time bands music is just shite to be honest.
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
14.07.2009 - 23:39
necrovamp

To all the cunts that downloaded the cd for free, go and buy it you fuckers, you just a band outta work.

I'm not that big a fan, but any band that has to split 'cus of downlaod freaks is bad...

I download a few songs of a band for free, just so I can be sure im not gonna waste my money but if I like it, I go out and buy the album.

If you can't affoard it, save up! don't go bieng selfish, you never know, your fAverouite band may just run out of money and split it. because you downloaded it for free and didn't buy it!

Good luck guys, hope you get back on your feet!
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface

Hits total: 2949 | This month: 7