Album: Twin Demon
Release date: March 2009

01. 777
02. Twin Demon
03. Legions Of The Dead
04. Heavy Metal Nation
05. Fire Of Anger
06. The End Of Forever

Twins Crew is a Swedish heavy metal band formed around twin brothers David and Dennis Janglöv, both on the guitars. You don't think the band name is very original now that you know this piece of trivia? Well, I can tell you that the music isn't either. The five guys found a spot for themselves somewhere between NWOBHM, old school German power metal and just a little bit of American heavy metal.

A mix of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Helloween, but also bits of Hammerfall, Saxon, Grave Digger, Edguy, Manowar and even some Metallica should give you a very close idea what this band is about. They might not have the best chances for the most original band of the 21st century award, but apart from that, do they deliver? Well, they do. The guitar work is very solid and vocalist Andreas Larsson does a very fine job too. The way he manages to nail the deeper notes just as well as the really high ones is great. I do have some problems with the drumming though. The fast-paced "clicking" sound it sometimes produces can get on my nerves rather badly at times. Production-wise this second EP isn't perfect, but it's pretty good, especially for this type of music.

In the end I can't say that I'm really impressed by this release. Why should I be? There's nothing new in here and although it's over average, it's surely not mind-blowing either. On the other hand I have the feeling that for one of the aforementioned bands, Twins Crew could be one of the best opening bands they could wish for. I think this group might still be looking for their own "touch" to polish their music with, but for the time being they're probably a really good support-band for concerts. Whatever their future may bring; they do have potential. I hope they'll use it accordingly and become more than just a mix of the bands I mentioned.

PS: Except for the intro, you can listen to the complete EP on their myspace page.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 5
Production: 8

Written by Bas | 12.07.2009

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 49 users
12.07.2009 - 22:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Wow, if this album is as good as the cover art(apart from the originality issue) this is one sweet album
12.07.2009 - 22:31
Rating: 7
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Valentin B on 12.07.2009 at 22:13

Wow, if this album is as good as the cover art(apart from the originality issue) this is one sweet album

Just listen to it and you'll know, like I mentioned in the review, apart from the intro the whole EP is on their myspace page
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness

Hits total: 5218 | This month: 10