Metal Storm logo
Demilich

17.07.2006 - 17:00
Markku
Account deleted
There's no Demilich thread in the new forum, so this here is meant to fill the gap.

For those who haven't heard anything about them:

Demilich is a Finnish (old-school)technical death metal band. They've only released one full-length called Nespithe. For more information check Demilich profile here in MS(recently added).

All of their stuff(including Nespithe is downloadable from their site)

Let the Demilich talk begin.
17.07.2006 - 18:35
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Demilich are a SUPER band. Nespithe is a Monumental album. THe quirky time signatures and Antti's awesome voice make it a very highly-rated album for me. The skinwork, axe-ploy and bass work is nothing short of stunning.
I heard that they are on tour now along with Biolich.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
17.07.2006 - 20:39
ylside
Staff
"MP3 makes your sperm taste awful so it's the default format".

Definitly one of the most unique DM bands out there. Multi-layered to the bone it is, I love that style of composing. I'm waiting for their two new songs Vanishing of Emptiness and Emptiness of Vanishing.

Oh and the Demilich profile will soon be updated since Demilich will officially split the 23 of this month, July.

The final Demilich gig is set to 2006-07-22, in Henry's Pub, Kuopio, Finland, with Deathbound supporting us. We'll play the whole Nespithe album, the new song, two songs for the first demo, and a the two unreleased tracks. Don't miss it, as we will never be back again. No tickets, but the age limit is 18.

The Entire Nespithe album goddamit...I remember there's an MSer who told us he will be at that gig, forgot what was his nick...

Following are from Demilich's forum :

A Video of Demilich
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/jake1511/?action=view¤t=100_0334.flv

Cute Antti.
17.07.2006 - 20:56
RavenLord
Demilich are...one of the stranger bands I have stumbled upon, to say the least

From the random time signature changes to the ever-shifting riffs to Anti's insane vocals, Demilich are weird. Well with song titles such as, 'The Sixteenth Six-Toothed Son of the Four Fourteenth Regional Dimension (Still Unnamed)', you kind of expect it, though...;)

Still, they are a great band, although they do take a while to get used to, mainly to Anti's bizaare vocals nad the fact that they're so jazzy, you can hardly pick up on a riff before it changes again. Still, worth a listen, especially considering the fact that their back catalgoue is free!
----
17.07.2006 - 21:35
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Finally Demilich are added on MS, one of the greatest most legendary Technical Death Metal acts couldn't be left behind... now excuse me I'm go for one beer and for my "Nespithe" CD
18.07.2006 - 08:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I have Nespithe but I haven't listened to all of it yet. I'm just wondering though, are his vocals 100% real or do they enhance them electronically? Those vocals are almost inhuman. I love it.
18.07.2006 - 09:56
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Thank god someone finally made a Demilich post. Definately a great DM band which i discovered through my friends cousin. The album Nespithe is one heck of an album and i almost feel ashamed downloading it off their site for free
I think his vocals are real - but i agree they sound inhuman, almost like a frog
18.07.2006 - 12:07
Markku
Account deleted
It's the deepest growl I've ever heard.
18.07.2006 - 14:39
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
What about Until Death Overtakes Me? That band has pretty low n deep growls.
18.07.2006 - 14:53
Markku
Account deleted
I haven't heard that band.
18.07.2006 - 14:57
ylside
Staff
Written by Guest on 18.07.2006 at 14:39

No Antti's vocals are apocalyptic. Until Death Overtake Me and Catacombs got some serious sewer vocals, but Demilich has it's own style of death burpage.

Anybody has guitar pro tabs of Demilich ?
21.07.2006 - 15:51
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Great stuff. Should get it!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.07.2006 - 15:31
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"No Antti's vocals are apocalyptic. Until Death Overtake Me and Catacombs got some serious sewer vocals, but Demilich has it's own style of death burpage."

Yeah, i suppose they are too different to compare.
19.08.2006 - 13:53
Markku
Account deleted
So, there is no Demilich anymore...
19.08.2006 - 20:43
ylside
Staff
Yep...not that they were anything concrete (to me) lately

Some finnish Metalstormer told us in the old Demilich thread that he will see their last show in Kuopio but I don't remember who is was :-/
19.08.2006 - 21:01
Markku
Account deleted
Maybe it was Ur-Nammu. I'd for sure like to know how the last show was.
20.08.2006 - 07:56
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by ylside on 18.07.2006 at 14:57

No Antti's vocals are apocalyptic. Until Death Overtake Me and Catacombs got some serious sewer vocals, but Demilich has it's own style of death burpage.

Ylside , hi dude ... wats up !!

Search the Demilich guitar tabs in SMN forum [ official Demilich forum ] its there .
20.08.2006 - 09:00
ErabatukII
This is ridiculous. First !T.O.O.H.!, now Demilich? Why are all the great tech death metal bands spliting up?
----
20.08.2006 - 10:52
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by ErabatukII on 20.08.2006 at 09:00

This is ridiculous. First !T.O.O.H.!, now Demilich? Why are all the great tech death metal bands spliting up?

haha , welcome welcome

!TOOH! Demilich .... i tell you what , there are hundreds of BRILLIANT underground band . Here brilliant means that are much better technically/overall then mainstrream bands. Cynic and Lykathea Aflame are in the same catogery.

BTW Demilich was reunion for couple of gigs in US. Ehhhh , i wish i could see them LIVE
20.08.2006 - 11:38
ylside
Staff
Written by Hembrom on 20.08.2006 at 07:56

Written by ylside on 18.07.2006 at 14:57

Ylside , hi dude ... wats up !!

Search the Demilich guitar tabs in SMN forum [ official Demilich forum ] its there .

Greaaaat thanks I'll look for them !
20.08.2006 - 12:14
Himann
Orm KrigGud

Yeah happens a lot I guess but I doubt they were all that solid so splitting early was always on the cards.. Anyways they were a really unique band in many aspects..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
21.08.2006 - 11:44
ErabatukII
Written by Hembrom on 20.08.2006 at 10:52

haha , welcome welcome

!TOOH! Demilich .... i tell you what , there are hundreds of BRILLIANT underground band . Here brilliant means that are much better technically/overall then mainstrream bands. Cynic and Lykathea Aflame are in the same catogery.

BTW Demilich was reunion for couple of gigs in US. Ehhhh , i wish i could see them LIVE

I know Cynic of course, but haven't heard of Lykathea Aflame. Will check em out. Cheers!
----
21.08.2006 - 14:18
abraxas
Account deleted
ah, lykathea aflame rule.. you'll be doing yourself a favor by checking them out.

been listening to demilich quite a lot recently too, though at first i thought the vocals were absolutely ridiculous and unbearable
23.09.2006 - 21:26
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Great band! I once found myself with the name of this band in front of me at my computer and fortunately I decided to give them a chance and downloaded some stuff from them (actually the whole full-length :S). I still don't have any proper original stuff from them but they are in my priority list. They come up with such pretty insane stuff with killer riffs that do no wrong to my ears. I like a lot Boman's voice: pretty low but clamed, not as aggressive as other Death Metal bands.
----
Christless
12.11.2006 - 00:05
Richard
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 18.07.2006 at 08:43

I'm just wondering though, are his vocals 100% real or do they enhance them electronically? Those vocals are almost inhuman. I love it.

They're real, no dodgy electronic effects. There's a thread about it on the Demilich board on their official site, and according to the vocalist Antti, he didn't know how to do the conventional growl vocals so he developed his own technique which resulted in that strange unique vocal sound. It has something to do with tilting his head forwards with his jaw on his chest.

I only recently discovered Demilich for myself, and this is certainly a great band! As with many of the better technical bands, I think they manage to combine their off-the-wall approach with a strong element of catchiness and groove, so the songs and riffs are memorable. I'd say that their stuff also has a sinister atmosphere, it's quite dark and twisted, and not just about being technical and heavy.
----
12.11.2006 - 00:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
@Richard- man, that makes me respect them even more.
12.11.2006 - 00:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Has anyone got a European site that sells Nesphite, or a site that I can pay in Euro's? Damn, I fucking need that album soooo badly. Has one of my favorite friends since I heard them and still are.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.11.2006 - 00:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, you can always just download the full album from their site.
12.11.2006 - 00:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I know. I did, but I hate that shit.

I mean, I just gotta own it, so I can show it to my friends and be cool.
----

12.11.2006 - 02:36
Richard
Elite
Written by Lucas on 12.11.2006 at 00:23

Has anyone got a European site that sells Nesphite, or a site that I can pay in Euro's? Damn, I fucking need that album soooo badly. Has one of my favorite friends since I heard them and still are.

You can buy the reissue from Alice's Records, an English distro I've used quite regularly since 1993. They have it listed in their online catalogue anyway. They're a bit more expensive than many distros to be honest, but very reliable and quick in my experience.

http://www.alicesrecords.com/
----