Metal Storm logo
Neuraxis

13.07.2009 - 03:18
thesabbathfan

Technical death/grind band from Montreal, Canada. Known for uniquely combining brutallity, emotion, technicallity, and melody all into one package.

"Link" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG824LwAX68
"Darkness Prevails" (from new album, all grind influence is pretty much gone, and new vocalist): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvr5oj_K2po
"Of Divinity": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApxmcEEk1qw

Personally, they're my absolute favourite tech death band, I wanna see what others think.

edit: they were on the North American part of CC's Evisceration Plague tour
----
13.07.2009 - 03:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Their newest album is really boring, but some of their older stuff is cool. I heard they went through a significant lineup change recently, so it'll be interesting to hear what they come up with next.
13.07.2009 - 03:28
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I saw these guys a few years ago in Montreal and it was really fucking intense
13.07.2009 - 03:31
thesabbathfan

Written by Dangerboner on 13.07.2009 at 03:22

Their newest album is really boring, but some of their older stuff is cool. I heard they went through a significant lineup change recently, so it'll be interesting to hear what they come up with next.

yeah, i thought that about the new album when i first heard it, though if you take some time to grow to it, it may become one of your favourites (its one of mine now).

edit: about that lineup change you mentioned, it says on metal-archives the drummer and bass player (the bass player being one of the original members) are out of the band, which sounds a little suspicious as the myspace page still has them in the band

edit edit: oh, appears the news is out now and the bassist and drummer are gone...
----
13.07.2009 - 18:09
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I agree with Pyro on the last album being boring, it really isn't up to par with Trilateral Progression. Like you said in your opening post Neuraxis were good at mixing emotion, technicality and intensity which made Trilateral such an energetic album. With their new one they've upped the technicality and left in part behind their other qualities. With the exception of a few parts in some songs and Oracle all together, The Thin Line Between isn't the adrenaline filled album Trilateral was. I should write a review about these 2 albums lol.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
20.07.2009 - 23:10
thesabbathfan

Actually, I find Darkness Prevails to be one of the heaviest and most energetic songs they've written.
----
20.07.2009 - 23:38
-Morbid-

I actually liked The Thin Line Between the best so far. Trilateral Progression is great too but I felt TTLB saw the band mature a little and it was full of catchy riffs alongside the technical prowess. At first only Darkness Prevails really stood out to me but after a few listens it became one of my favorite albums of '08.
21.07.2009 - 20:57
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by thesabbathfan on 20.07.2009 at 23:10

Actually, I find Darkness Prevails to be one of the heaviest and most energetic songs they've written.

Darkness Prevails is one of the better songs on the album as well as energetic to a certain point. Like I said, if you look at the album as a whole compared to their previous stuff, it lost some life. It's NOT bad, Neuraxis are good musicians but the passion I felt on Trilateral is not here.

On another note, Neuraxis are the BOMB live. Last year, I saw them on Summer Slaughter and the audience was going ape shit, especially on tracks like Clarity and Oracle, damn I wish I could see them again.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
15.12.2010 - 06:46
Guib
Thrash Talker
Wow I don't understand how you found the last album boring ! I found it pretty fucking awesome from the start... When I gave it the first roll I found it brilliant !! Songs that stood out for me were clearly Oracle, Phoenix, Dreaming The End and Drakness Prevails anyways its only IMO. But yeah another great TDM band that makes everyone in QC damn proud of !
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
07.04.2011 - 07:32
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Just discovered these guys a few days ago, and their great. Very unique, something rare to find in metal these days. Melodic, brutal, technical, but above all death metal. What's not to love?
07.04.2011 - 19:42
Guib
Thrash Talker
You guys loved Asylon their last release personally I found it great but not better than The Thin Line Between
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here