Metal Storm logo
Neuraxis - Part Ways With Drummer And Bassist

Montreal's Neuraxis have announced they are parting ways with drummer Tommy Mckinnon and bassist Yan Thiel.

Guitarist Rob Milley comments: "The time has come again for us to refresh the Neuraxis family as we are now seeking a new drummer and bassist. Nothing really juicy to tell. For Tommy, his priorities began to differ from ours while on the road until it became clear to us that he was no longer enjoying the touring lifestyle. He wishes to go back to school to complete his education. As for Yan its just been a case of him deciding to further his working career and he can no longer dedicate himself to the band. This has been going on for many years now and its time for us to have a full-time bassist on board. Both of them will continue playing in other musical projects. We thank our metal brothers for all the good times we had together and wish them the best for the future. Tommy and Yan will be fullfilling all our summer shows already booked ending with a fitting show in Montreal at the Club Soda on Sept 11th 2009.

With that being said, we are excited to get some new blood in the band. For those interested in auditioning for the drummer and bassist positions, visit our MySpace page to learn the following 3 songs: "Dreaming The End", "Darkness Prevails" and "Clarity" and make sure to read all the requirements before getting in touch with us. We ask you to video tape yourself playing these songs, add it to your youtube page and send us the link by myspace. Include Drummer audition and Bassist audition in the subject."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Neuraxis
Posted: 13.07.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 30 users
13.07.2009 - 23:42
Symmachus

Crap happens. Neuraxis is a great band. I hope that Tommy and Yan have the best of luck while being away from Neuraxis.
14.07.2009 - 00:39
thesabbathfan

Damn! Yan was the only remaining original member!

I'm sorry if it offends people, but it pisses me off when you see a metal band that loses all the original members and then all the replacements drive the great band into shit...

Not saying that's going to happen for sure, but fuck, I don't want to see Neuraxis of all bands turn into that
----
14.07.2009 - 11:10
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
+ - rhythm section
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.07.2009 - 10:40
-Morbid-

Too bad, but I'm sure they will find suitable replacements. Besides, it's not like Neuraxis has had that steady of a line up anyways so it's no surprise that there is another change.

Hits total: 2288 | This month: 2