Metal Storm logo
Porcupine Tree - New Album Samples Online

UK metallers Porcupine Tree have issued the following update on their MySpace blog:

"A medley of extracts from "The Incident" is now available to listen to on the Porcupine Tree MySpace page, or the Roadrunner UK website.

Written and recorded between September-May, "The Incident" is the tenth studio album by Porcupine Tree. Released worldwide by Roadrunner on 14th September (one week earlier than previously announced in order to coincide with the first tour dates), the album is a 2 disc set, the first disc containing the 55 minute title track / song cycle, and the second CD featuring 4 shorter pieces. There will be 3 editions of the album; a standard 2 CD set, a deluxe edition (contents to be confirmed), and a double vinyl version."

More details about "The Incident" were previously reported at this location.

Source: porcupinetree.com
Band profile: Porcupine Tree
Posted: 14.07.2009 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 24 users
14.07.2009 - 20:13
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Yes, I heard the samples.

Very promising.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.07.2009 - 21:40
Symmachus
It looks to me that the four other songs on the album will be of significant length as well; I would love to have this album. By the way, I'm going to wait to hear the music until I can hear an entire song. Also, it's notable to point out that the longest song I've listened to ever is a live rendition of Karn Evil 9 by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, which was 34:36. I'm looking forward to breaking that record soon, but over time by small increments. Porcupine Tree is one of my favorite bands.
15.07.2009 - 00:23
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Symmachus on 14.07.2009 at 21:40

It looks to me that the four other songs on the album will be of significant length as well; I would love to have this album. By the way, I'm going to wait to hear the music until I can hear an entire song. Also, it's notable to point out that the longest song I've listened to ever is a live rendition of Karn Evil 9 by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, which was 34:36. I'm looking forward to breaking that record soon, but over time by small increments. Porcupine Tree is one of my favorite bands.

Try Thick As A Brick my friend... 43:44.

But as far as the samples go, it all sounds interesting but there is no way to know for sure until hearing the full-length. That sample medley was actually almost as long as Fear of a Blank Planet... let's hope there is more to listen to on this one.
15.07.2009 - 08:08
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I liked what I've heard, sounds like the new album will be in the same vein as the previous one.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
15.07.2009 - 22:23
Symmachus
Written by Introspekrieg on 15.07.2009 at 00:23

Written by Symmachus on 14.07.2009 at 21:40

Try Thick As A Brick my friend... 43:44.

But as far as the samples go, it all sounds interesting but there is no way to know for sure until hearing the full-length. That sample medley was actually almost as long as Fear of a Blank Planet... let's hope there is more to listen to on this one.

Yeah, I definitely want to hear that song; I enjoy Jethro Tull as well. I have the album on vinyl, but I haven't gotten around to getting it listened to, which sort of sucks on my behalf. I think I want to order the album Sub Templum by Moss sometime soon, since there is a song on there (Gate III: Devils From the Outer Dark) that is 35:31, :57 longer than the song I mentioned in my first post on this thread.

Hits total: 4475 | This month: 5