Metal Storm logo
Sarke

17.07.2009 - 21:53
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Stumbled on to this band at metalsucks.com today - featuring Sarke of Khold, Tulus and the vocal talents of one Ted Nocturno Culto.

stole the description from the band's myspace page. apparently they are playing Wacken and will be joined by one Tom G. Warrior on stage for an old Celtic Frost tune.

_____

SARKE might sound like a new name, and in fact it is, but this grim story has more pages than one first might think. Formed in 2008 by its namesake Sarke, who has spread his angry art through Khold, Tulus, Old Man's Child and Sensa Anima, SARKE is a mesmerizing journey through dark and soothing soundscapes, inspired by legends like Mayhem, Slayer, Darkthrone, Celtic Frost, Black Sabbath, Candlemass, Death, Motorhead and Kreator.

For this musical quest, Sarke wanted to create music that has inspired him since he got into the extreme metal scene, and thus Nocturno Culto from the mighty Darkthrone was brought on board, making the core of the project complete. All music and lyrics are written by Sarke, but adding Nocturno..s legendary voice to these songs, has without a doubt added another dimension to the grimness.

The debut album "Vorunah" was recorded in November, and even though the album was recorded in old-fashioned 70's style to get the true vibe of the music, the sound is brutal, fresh and up to date. This is nothing less than a modern classic - a timeless masterpiece of sinister tonality.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.07.2009 - 23:55
Galar
Wicked Mung
Didnt hear about being joined by Mr. Tom G, but wow would that be epic. Pretty good, nothing new, Nocturno kind of makes this band.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
18.07.2009 - 22:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just tryd band in myspace, sounds awesome, eraly aweswome, werry sad is band form in 2008 and release album, but nobody promote it, dont give info about it and I doubt I would find this abnd if Craig wont open this tread
Thank's bro
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.07.2009 - 22:28
Damnated
Churchburner
sounded quite boring to me, although i love crust darkthrone. the keyboard effects didn't help at all.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
05.08.2009 - 21:38
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
Written by Damnated on 20.07.2009 at 22:28

sounded quite boring to me, although i love crust darkthrone. the keyboard effects didn't help at all.

exactly .. same opinion .. its so boring ,, Nocturno shouldnt participate on it .. it make it so similar to Darkthrone
06.08.2009 - 10:14
TheBigRossowski

Written by pazuzuovbabel on 05.08.2009 at 21:38

Written by Damnated on 20.07.2009 at 22:28

exactly .. same opinion .. its so boring ,, Nocturno shouldnt participate on it .. it make it so similar to Darkthrone

I third that. I was astounded when one of the kids here in the village asked me if I knew Sarke, but I had only read about them from a magazine. Now that I hear it... it truly is a bit boring. Sounds like what could be Darkthrone after Hate Them.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
08.08.2009 - 11:30
Prosatanic
Account deleted
Boring album...
09.08.2009 - 15:02
Scornful Curse

I sure liked Vorunah, however it sounds a bit predictable and lyrics are quite strange.