‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]
Users visited: 573  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Haddonfield on 20.07.2009 at 01:55
I know this might seem a wierd topic but it's something I've considered for a long time. I will explain. When I was in high school, not many people listened to rock or metal, as you would expect from 11 to 15 year olds. I think people find their personilty at around 16 or 17 years old. We were about 5 rock (metal) fans in a school of 400 pupils. When I moved on to Lycee (French equivalent to College), there were slighty more rock/metal fans, it's funny to notice how those people who listened to Nirvana and co. back in high school suddenly appeared to listen to all sorts of metal bands. We were all drawn together. Basically every metalhead in the school new the others. We were a maximum of 30 metalheads out of 700 students. I must mention now that in high school and Lycee, the rock/metal fans were always average students, getting average marks without working at all, and I was one of them. When I moved on to Uni, it seemed most my metal friends had to, and many more from over colleges. In the first year, of English studies, we were a full line in the amphitheatre who the lecturers depised and saw as rejects and future dropouts. Again, we all got slightly about average grades, just enough to get through to the following year with the minimum of work. Funny enough, along the years us metalheads managed to progress from year to year whilst others droped out. In our third year we were like 20 out of 60 students. During my masters degree, we were 5 out of fifteen. It's as if we're the only people with a mind capable of analysing a subject quickly and intelligently are capable of understanding the beauty of metal. I would like to know whether other people have experienced or noticed similar things or whether it was a one of matter that occured during my education (although the amount of fresh metalhead students turning up every year at Uni tends to justify my statement).

PS: A mate made me notice the same thing with left handed people. Every year the proportion of left handed people in the class tended to rise, I remember one lesson when there were more lefthanded people than right handed and that is not natural.

Page 18 of 18

Mary N.
Evil Butterfly

10.01.2014 at 10:43
Just an off-topic comment, I adore how you discuss things, Troy.
To be back on topic, like Troy said it's not that wrong that bunch of headbangers are junkies,bullies, anarchist and such... actually some of them had totally forgot about music itself ! And they funnily just lurk around the trivia more. I can't really call a group of people intelligent for the music they have.
----
The Fangirl.
Bad English
nobody

10.01.2014 at 12:51
Written by Dentura on 10.01.2014 at 07:34

Like I said before metal heads aren't any more or less intelligent than the average person, if anything there's generally quite a few elitists in the metal community who believe they are superior to the average person just because of their own personal interests and tastes. Doesn't make them more intelligent, just snobbish, pretty much like the attitude of some prog-rock fans.

remaind sme some ''old'' guys at MS
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Bad English
nobody

10.01.2014 at 12:52
Written by Mary N. on 10.01.2014 at 10:43

Just an off-topic comment, I adore how you discuss things, Troy.
To be back on topic, like Troy said it's not that wrong that bunch of headbangers are junkies,bullies, anarchist and such... actually some of them had totally forgot about music itself ! And they funnily just lurk around the trivia more. I can't really call a group of people intelligent for the music they have.

this is how we can decribe a football hooligan LOL, forgot why he is a team ''fan'', simply go and fight and leither forgot why he fights
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]

Login or register to post here.