Metal Storm logo
Scar Symmetry - New Album Details Revealed

Scar Symmetry have announced the tracklist of their upcoming masterpiece "Dark Matter Dimensions":

01. The Iconoclast
02. The Consciousness Eaters
03. Noumenon And Phenomenon
04. Ascension Chamber
05. Mechanical Soul Cybernetics
06. Non-Human Era
07. Dark Matter Dimensions
08. Sculptor Void
09. A Parenthesis In Eternity
10. Frequency-Shifter
11. Radiant Strain
12. Pariah

Drummer Henrik Ohlsson also commented on the choice of the album title and its artwork: "The album title came from the scientific fact that you can't see at least 95% of the universe and despite that fact we behave like we know everything there is to know. We trust our eyes even though they give us a very limited range of perception and we dismiss things because they seem to defy our narrow and cynical sense of logic. The title "Dark Matter Dimensions" stands for an appreciation and acknowledgement of the unseen worlds and dimensions, because without the existence of these unseen forces our physical universe would never be able to exist. These so-called "Dark Matter Dimensions", a term I use for everything unseen, orchestrates everything our eyes are allowed to see. And you can bring this down to a personal level aswell, from the macrocosmic to the microcosmic, and realize that our appearance stands for a small percentage of who we are. At least 95% of what we are consists of consciousness, thoughts, feelings and other unseen activities. So the term "Dark Matter Dimensions" applies on both macrocosmic and microcosmic levels. As above, so below.

As for the artwork I view at as a peak into a possible dark matter dimension, a surreal planetary body that defies our sense of what a planet looks like. Spontaneously I come think of it as a symbolic version of the current state of the earth."

The album is set to be released on October 2nd via Nuclear Blast.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Scar Symmetry
Posted: 16.08.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 191 users
21.07.2009 - 15:19
FeskarN

Written by Guest on 21.07.2009 at 15:00

I'm sure it wouldn't be compare to the previous ones, cause without Christian will be mediocre!! but anyway let's see!!

agree, Christian was one of the part that makes Scar Symmetry sounds unique. And the new clean vocalist sounds more power metal, and it does not fit for this kind of music imo. The cover art was really boring too.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
21.07.2009 - 18:35
VanHelsing

I like the cover but I'm concerned about it, I think this album will be the end of the Scar Symmetry I loved... No Christian =
----
-V
21.07.2009 - 20:13
Ag Fox
Angel No More
I was quite happy with Holographic universe, and I'm surprised at how quickly they are coming up with a new album already
----
loves 小巫
21.07.2009 - 21:10
VanHelsing

Well they didn't tour with Holographic Universe so they had plenty of time
----
-V
21.07.2009 - 22:49
Symmachus

I think the album cover is not atypical of Scar Symmetry; it's rather unique. I never thought that a pile of junk would be so nice looking (referring to the circle of miscellaneous objects on the picture).
22.07.2009 - 00:45
Thanntos

Nice cover, can't wait for this album! Interested in how the new vocalists will do.
----
I will kill you so hard you will die to death.
22.07.2009 - 02:13
Siegreicher

I agree with Norm, Christian is an amazing vocalist and the band will not be the same without him, but Jonas and Per and the rest are amazing musicians and i think they will continue to make fantastic music even if its going in a slightly different direction
22.07.2009 - 03:12
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Odd album cover. hopefully its good.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.07.2009 - 03:58
-Morbid-

Written by FeskarN on 21.07.2009 at 15:19

agree, Christian was one of the part that makes Scar Symmetry sounds unique. And the new clean vocalist sounds more power metal, and it does not fit for this kind of music imo. The cover art was really boring too.

I agree with this.

I severely doubt this will live up to their earlier releases.
22.07.2009 - 10:50
Promonex
Cathemeral
Let's just see how this turns out. No one thought Ensiferum would be the same without Jari and they turned out better than ever. Looking forward to this one
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
22.07.2009 - 12:27
MetalAlex

I'm not a big fan of them,
hope with new singers they will become better
22.07.2009 - 18:36
lord artan

Oh my god i can not wait i love this band
23.07.2009 - 19:09
MissRagnarok

I'm looking forward to it! =) it still sucks a lot about Christian not being with the band anymore, but the new vocalists are pretty awesome as well imo (at least they are live, so probably better in studio) and the rest of the band are still the same guys, so I hold my hopes high! and that cover don't look all that bad, really.. okay the others looked better (especially Holographic Universe OMG!) but still..
----
For I am so omniscient that if there were to be two omnisciences's; I would be both!
- Ziltoid
16.08.2009 - 17:06
lord artan

Oh yessssssssss i love scar... thank a lot
16.08.2009 - 17:37
selken
Irreligious
I don't know what to expect, but since their music is also good, besides the vocals, I think I'll like it

Are there any audio samples????
----
16.08.2009 - 18:25
Harlequin

The artwork sucks. Big time.
----
00:40 - Doomface
Mikael Akerfeldt doesn't age like humans do.
16.08.2009 - 20:14
Asitis

Well I like the artwork. Techy, abstracy, kinda darkish, very Scar Symmetry. Let's hope the first song (The Iconoclast) has something to do with Heaven Shall Burn's latest album - less powery and more brutal!!
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
16.08.2009 - 20:25
Wes

It will be good, im sure it wil. The new vocalists will surprise everyone
17.08.2009 - 00:00
Symmachus

This sounds like some smart material; Henrik Ohlsson gave a thoughtful explanation about the album's title. It was very interesting.
17.08.2009 - 00:34
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
I'm curious to see how will be this new album with their new line-up. I'm looking forward to listen to some audio samples in the coming weeks.
17.08.2009 - 15:05
Locke
Account deleted
Jesus wait until some samples leak before you all start bitching about how much the album sucks.

Hits total: 4863 | This month: 7