Metal Storm logo
Acid King

22.07.2009 - 12:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Acid King is a stoner doom metal band from California with only three full length releases, but are still one of the best bands in the genre around.

Lori makes the band. Her heavy guitar riffs accompanied by her atmospheric vocals will make anyone trip, regardless of his/her state of mind. My personal favorite album by them is III, but Busse Woods is also great, despite some repetition.

Fans of Electric Wizard should definitely check out Acid King.
22.07.2009 - 22:48
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Oohh. I have heard of Acid King but never really looking into them more. However I love Electric Wizard, I prefer the more doomer stoner stuff, I'll check 'em out.
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
25.07.2010 - 15:53
Piro

I consider it a crime that so few replies have been made to the topic. Acid King is great. I don't listen to Stoner Doom much, but this band, along with Sleep have to be my favorites. The heavy riffing along with the singers higher pitched, and very melodic voice, oftentimes which is halfway incoherent, just makes the atmosphere great. Highly recommended at the very least.

Bad Vision - One of my favorites by them.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
25.07.2010 - 22:03
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Piro on 25.07.2010 at 15:53

I consider it a crime that so few replies have been made to the topic. Acid King is great. I don't listen to Stoner Doom much, but this band, along with Sleep have to be my favorites. The heavy riffing along with the singers higher pitched, and very melodic voice, oftentimes which is halfway incoherent, just makes the atmosphere great. Highly recommended at the very least.

Bad Vision - One of my favorites by them.

Yes, Acid King is great. And yes it is a crime that a topic like this has so few replies. In fact, doom of the more traditional variant seems to be somewhat overlooked here on metal storm. Do we see a topic on Saint Vitus? The Wizar'd? Count Raven? Sleep? Maybe they exist, but I imagine the post count in them is quite low if they do.

The reason? People on this site are generally mere interested in discussing the latest Equilibrium album than the more traditional stuff, which is a real fucking shame if you ask me...

Acid King is, after all, superior to anything Equilibrium has ever released. Groovy psychadellic doom riffs and soothing female vocals make a great mix.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
26.07.2010 - 14:54
Piro

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 25.07.2010 at 22:03

Yes, Acid King is great. And yes it is a crime that a topic like this has so few replies. In fact, doom of the more traditional variant seems to be somewhat overlooked here on metal storm. Do we see a topic on Saint Vitus? The Wizar'd? Count Raven? Sleep? Maybe they exist, but I imagine the post count in them is quite low if they do.

The reason? People on this site are generally mere interested in discussing the latest Equilibrium album than the more traditional stuff, which is a real fucking shame if you ask me...

Acid King is, after all, superior to anything Equilibrium has ever released. Groovy psychadellic doom riffs and soothing female vocals make a great mix.

You're probably correct if we simply look at the post counts, though I really don't have a right to say much here, since I don't listen to much "traditional" Doom either. Candlemass, Solitude Auternus, is probably where my experience ends. Add in Sleep and Acid King in the Stoner Doom section and that's all. Regardless, these guys deserve more respect and recognition than they get.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
26.07.2010 - 18:25
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Piro on 26.07.2010 at 14:54

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 25.07.2010 at 22:03

You're probably correct if we simply look at the post counts, though I really don't have a right to say much here, since I don't listen to much "traditional" Doom either. Candlemass, Solitude Auternus, is probably where my experience ends. Add in Sleep and Acid King in the Stoner Doom section and that's all. Regardless, these guys deserve more respect and recognition than they get.

As a punishment for this travesty you should be forced to listen to Pentagram's Relentless and Black Sabbath's Master of Reality and nothing else for two weeks.

Wait, that's not punishment... You'd probably like it...
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
26.07.2010 - 23:35
Piro

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 26.07.2010 at 18:25

As a punishment for this travesty you should be forced to listen to Pentagram's Relentless and Black Sabbath's Master of Reality and nothing else for two weeks.

Wait, that's not punishment... You'd probably like it...

Hahaha, I've listened to a few songs by Pentagram in the past, though, despite their popularity, I've never really listened to a lot of Sabbath stuff. Maybe I'll fix these predicaments sometime soon xD.
----