Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Release Details Of New Album

Megadeth's upcoming album scheduled for a release this Halloween, has been named 'United Abominations'.

"My decision was a combination of a few things," Mustaine said as he prepared to enter the studio to record vocals for the band's upcoming album, United Abominations, which is scheduled for a Halloween release. "I was finally associating with guys that really love to play ? [ex-Eidolon guitarist Glen Drover and drummer Shawn Drover] ? and that make me feel really good to play. They respect me and are fans of the music that we play and of the music in our genre. Also, ticket sales were up and record sales were up ? it was happening again."

United Abominations will mark the Megadeth recording debut of the Drover brothers. The album will contain 11 songs, including the title track, "Washington's Next" and "Gears of War"; an additional track will be included with the Japanese release. "It's a really diverse record," Shawn said. "There's some faster stuff that should appeal to the band's thrash fans and it's got a little more mainstream stuff as well. It's definitely not one-dimensional."

"I wanted to go back to the way the stuff was done in the beginning," said Mustaine. "I think Megadeth boils down to its bare minimum. When you break it down, Megadeth is guitar, bass, drums and guitar solos. And when it starts going in directions where there's a little bit too much stuff going on that can't be done onstage, it loses heaviness because that stuff probably shouldn't be there anyway."

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 18.07.2006 by Daru Jericho

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 10 users
18.07.2006 - 12:29
Hamird
Lieutenant
I'm waiting for this ..... also i hope that RR support Mustaine and MegaDeth well ... amen
18.07.2006 - 13:21
Eddie
Retired Mod.
I'm just a little bit worried about the more mainstream stuff, but I'm really looking forward to it anyway

For the entire interview, click here.
18.07.2006 - 13:58
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hope they come to Sweden after this release!
----
18.07.2006 - 14:19
Mindheist
No Longer Human
love the title
18.07.2006 - 17:02
Talvi

I didn't like the 'mainstream direction', but Countdown to Extinction was Awesome
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
18.07.2006 - 18:31
EvilOstrich
Account deleted
If this album is at all along the lines of The System Has Failed, it will be good. System had some more mainstream stuff on it, but was still a good album. Or if it's a combination of say, Cryptic Writings and Countdown, then it'll be awesome. Basically, as long as it isn't Risk, I think I'll be satisfied.
18.07.2006 - 18:45
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Written by Guest on 18.07.2006 at 18:31

If this album is at all along the lines of The System Has Failed, it will be good. System had some more mainstream stuff on it, but was still a good album. Or if it's a combination of say, Cryptic Writings and Countdown, then it'll be awesome. Basically, as long as it isn't Risk, I think I'll be satisfied.

Yeah, you really can't go wrong with Megadeth, unless they do Risk 2 like you said, but thats not likely
19.07.2006 - 04:01
Savage Messiah
Metal Drummer
*waits*
20.07.2006 - 07:14
megadeth rulz
Account deleted
iv never heard nethin i didnt like from megadeth i thought every album was kick ass as long as they can keep it up this album should b awsome
28.07.2006 - 06:01
Devolution

Good news ......... i hope it's right
----
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Hits total: 5660 | This month: 8