Metal Storm logo
Suggestions about disign of site

16.08.2009 - 12:36
Khaldi
I recommend do some changes with disign , aspecially with links . i recommend create some storm
effects with them . for exemple you can see my myspace page http://myspace.com/armvishapakahr .
to do such changes here , you have to getting in CSS file , instance of this
a:hover {text-decoration:none; color:#FFFFFF;background:url('http://s52.radikal.ru/i135/0902/5e/2c5d496500b9.gif')}
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
16.08.2009 - 16:26
wrathchild
Staff
Hum sorry, I'm not Ivan but I think I'm allowed to say that your idea sucks... And the usage of transparency on a myspace page should definitely be banned too.
I don't think Ivan's idea of what MS should look like is the same as yours. MS is sober, classy, elegant and not about showing off or looking trendy cool.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
16.08.2009 - 17:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 16.08.2009 at 16:26

Hum sorry, I'm not Ivan but I think I'm allowed to say that your idea sucks... And the usage of transparency on a myspace page should definitely be banned too.
I don't think Ivan's idea of what MS should look like is the same as yours. MS is sober, classy, elegant and not about showing off or looking trendy cool.

I even didnt get what he try to say whit his main post
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2009 - 21:22
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Well, I hate to bring down your suggestion, but this effect looks like something from 1995. And even if I make the coolest possible 'lightning' effect for links, this would only seem cool for a day or two, and once the novelty wears off, would become really annoying and unnecessary. Also, I specifically hate animation on web pages and prefer rather functional design to flashy "look-at-me!" design.
17.08.2009 - 03:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bad English on 16.08.2009 at 17:01

Me neither...I'm trying to figure out what hes getting at...why did he post his myspace page?

He also spelt "design" wrong in the thread title...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.08.2009 - 12:24
Khaldi
Written by Bad English on 16.08.2009 at 17:01

who it is necessary , he has understood !!
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
20.12.2009 - 14:37
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
1 - to have the the right sidebar on forums area. its annoying when you cant see it and you have to get back to home to watch it.

2 - in the search area, I dont know how but its better to add another submenu for "members" inclueds country ... etc. for example I wanna see British ppl how can I. I always type a meaningless thing! then it opens another page which have search with country and other options.

(there is a solution but not very interesting, the shortcut)
20.12.2009 - 14:45
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Guest on 20.12.2009 at 14:37

1 - to have the the right sidebar on forums area. its annoying when you cant see it and you have to get back to home to watch it.

2 - in the search area, I dont know how but its better to add another submenu for "members" inclueds country ... etc. for example I wanna see British ppl how can I. I always type a meaningless thing! then it opens another page which have search with country and other options.

1 - There would be no where near enough room for the forum content on resolutions of 1024 pixels wide

2 - Search by country:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/users/index.php?m_what=United+Kingdom&m_where=u.country
20.12.2009 - 14:54
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 20.12.2009 at 14:45

Written by Guest on 20.12.2009 at 14:37

1 - There would be no where near enough room for the forum content on resolutions of 1024 pixels wide

2 - Search by country:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/users/index.php?m_what=United+Kingdom&m_where=u.country

I know this Baz but there is a problem. how did you go to here? you have to type an unexisting name in members serach, then you can search country or other options. do u use Goal.com ?

you can design like that? (the programmers) no need to click just you move you mouse to the area then menu appears then you can design a sub menu for members. and the appearance of sub menu could be in the left. undertand?
20.12.2009 - 14:58
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Guest on 20.12.2009 at 14:54

Go to the Members page:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/users/index.php

Under where it says "Top countries", you can click on any one of them for users from there.

Or

In the search drop down box click "country" and then type the country name into the search box.
Example:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/users/index.php?m_what=andorra&m_where=u.country&m_sortby=
20.12.2009 - 15:02
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 20.12.2009 at 14:58

Written by Guest on 20.12.2009 at 14:54

Go to the Members page:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/users/index.php

Under where it says "Top countries", you can click on any one of them for users from there.

Or

In the search drop down box click "country" and then type the country name into the search box.
Example:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/users/index.php?m_what=andorra&m_where=u.country&m_sortby=

the easiest way is to use a shortcut as I do. but the right way is to have it in the search area. anyway maybe in the future. thankz for your response.
20.12.2009 - 17:52
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Guest on 20.12.2009 at 15:02

the easiest way is to use a shortcut as I do. but the right way is to have it in the search area. anyway maybe in the future. thankz for your response.

Sorry, I don't get it... It IS in the search options - select 'country' from the drop-down box, type in the country in the search box and click 'search' - what else would you want?
20.12.2009 - 19:01
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Ivan on 20.12.2009 at 17:52

Written by Guest on 20.12.2009 at 15:02

Sorry, I don't get it... It IS in the search options - select 'country' from the drop-down box, type in the country in the search box and click 'search' - what else would you want?

normally I like to go to search area and go to the members section then I want to see a sub menu for country, IP, City and .. etc. but now how can I go? as Baz said from Members area or I have to type a meaningless thing in search area (the normal search area in the hompage) then when it cant find the member the page appears which have country and others.

but when I wanna search first thing which comes to my mind is the search area in the homepage not the Members in the Community area (to the left).

I say why dont have just an area for search? when you click on the member (at hompage search) area other option could appear just a suggestion for my most loved site in the net. take it easy!