Metal Storm logo
Jodis - Khanate, Isis Members' New Project To Release Debut Album

Jodis, an entirely new outfit involving James Plotkin (Khanate, Khlyst, Phantomsmasher, O.L.D.) Aaron Turner (Isis, Old Man Gloom, Lotus Eaters, House Of Low Culture, GREYMACHINE) and Tim Wyskida (Khanate, Blind Idiot God), is a modern exploration of restrained sonic minimalism and tonal/textural density.

Jodis' "Secret House," as a whole, recalls a void, a shoreless pit, a slow nihilistic decent into absolute blankness... The vocals emote a deviating distress, one that the listener will walk away from also knowing. The guitars loom with an almost inconceivable image of stillness. The percussion possesses an irregular circularity facilitating the general disorientation encapsulating the mood of the record. In summation, a thorough listen would kick the living shit out of your aptitude for co-habituation with other humans.

"Secret House" [cover art] tracklist:

01. Ascent
02. Continents
03. Secret House
04. Follow the Dogs
05. Little Beast
06. Waning
07. Slivers

"Secret House" will be released on October 27th on Hydra Head Records.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Posted: 16.08.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 24 users
16.08.2009 - 17:40
Galar
Wicked Mung
Ill be getting this
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
16.08.2009 - 19:14
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Hahaha something tells me that this band's gonna take metal into a new dimenssion of snobbism... it will be interesting to check thou
16.08.2009 - 19:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I wonder how this will be. I like both Khanate and Khlyst so that's why I'm really curious about this. But at the same time, I don't really care for Jesu at all. Let's see what this guys will do.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.08.2009 - 20:28
TheBigRossowski

This sounds kinda interesting...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
16.08.2009 - 20:51
atmo1221
Account deleted
I'LL DEFINITELY GRAB THIS ONE!! ITS A TOTAL INTEREST FOR ME! I LOVE IT WHEN GREAT STUFF COMES OUT NOT KNOWING ITS GREATNESS!!
17.08.2009 - 00:34
Symmachus

Wow, what an amazing line-up. I must check this band out. I must.

Hits total: 2674 | This month: 3