Metal Storm logo
Hammerfall - New Video Online

Power Metallers Hammerfall have posted the video for the new song 'The Fire Burns Forever' on their official website. The song is from Hammerfall's upcoming as yet untitled album. The song has been made for use in the 19th European Athletics Championships.

The audio track of the song will be available for download between August 6th and September 6th from Hammerfall record label Nuclear Blast's online store.

Here are the links for the new video download:

http://www.friidrottarna.se/download/The_Fire_Burns_Forever.wmv
http://www.friidrottarna.se/download/The_Fire_Burns_Forever.mov

Source: hammerfall.net
Band profile: HammerFall
Posted: 19.07.2006 by Necromancer_S

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 1 user
19.07.2006 - 16:27
RavenLord

The links are broken...but your URLs are correct-maybe they forgot to upload the videos along with the links....
----
19.07.2006 - 18:22
Talvi

After Lordi, here comes Hammerfall to destroy shitty music. The resurgiment of true metal is near! fwhahahaha
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
19.07.2006 - 18:48
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Hehe, so they decided to stick with the sports theme. Hmm, well, its Hammerfall, what do you expect?
20.07.2006 - 04:49
neverbuilt2last
Account deleted
http://nwr.mmod.streaming.telia.com/nwr/Metro/Metro/72c553f1/The_Fire_Burns_Forever.wmv

That link works. WMA instead of mov but oh well.
20.07.2006 - 10:54
Raiden
Down Under Staff
@Silky: Hmm, the links are just what I copied off Hammerfall's website. Just copy and paste it into your browser, or open it as a URL in Windows Media Player and that will work to view it most likely. If that still doesn't work, then blame the Hammerfall website!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
20.07.2006 - 12:37
PyRaMaZe
Account deleted
Sport athletes are beating up Hammerfall! What has the world come to?!
21.07.2006 - 12:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lol as usual i like the song but not the video.i hope though they won't do so much many sports themes....but anyway
21.07.2006 - 17:50
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
mmmmm...the video hasno sense, well i don't like sports, but the song is good
22.07.2006 - 00:27
Bas
Retired Staff
the video was extremely boring, and for the song...

i was very disapointed, except for Cans' vocal lines which were done very well the song was extremely boring and was extremely simple
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
22.07.2006 - 04:07
danzig111
Account deleted
I was expecting better and the band are capable ov doing better also......meh it was okay i guess.
22.07.2006 - 22:47
Remus

I am a Hamerfall fan but even i have to say: this is one cheesey motherfucker! But i think that the song is pretty good and that's all that is important! Hey that athlete chick is not that bad...

P.S Did anyone notice that the lead singer looks like Shaun from Seether?-Just a thought
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
23.07.2006 - 00:19
The Black Halo

More importantly, can anyone tell me what Hammerfall is doing sponsoring Johnson & Johsnon?
----
~But I'll await my darkest hour
When the guilt doesn't get to me~
----------------------------------------
m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/
----------------------------------------
23.07.2006 - 16:50
Thryce
Retired Staff
Once again a typical cheesy, catchy and complexless Hammerfall song that will be a great live hit without any doubt.
I find the video pretty lame actually...

@ The Black Halo : this is what guitarist Oscar Dronjak has posted on his official blog about it :

"So, you probably wonder what the mysterious thing was, huh? By now, people in Sweden know, at least. And now the rest of the world. The 19th European Athletics Championships are being held in Gothenburg in August, and we were going to shoot a video together with a couple of the Swedish athletes. Much like we did with the curling team [Watch video here] (who went on to win the Olympic gold medal, I might add), only with a specically written, previously unreleased track.

"After working half a Saturday, we flew to Stockholm via Copenhagen. At the airport, Stefan, Joacim and I decided it would be a good idea to kill some time with the 75 cl beers they sold there. So, when we arrived in Stockholm on Saturday night it was straight out to Pub Anchor to watch SEVENTH SIGN, a live act featuring Marcel Jacob playing only EUROPE covers. To no ones surprise, they sounded excellent. However, we had to get up at seven tomorrow morning, and by 1:30 we were all at the hotel.

"The athletes were Robert Kronberg (110 m hurdles), Alhaji Jeng (pole vault), Johan Wissman (200 metres) and Kajsa Bergqvist (high jump). Robert especially had been looking forward to this for a long time, apparently, and seemed to enjoy every minute of the long day. He played drums in a few takes (!), and rocked for all he was worth, as did the others. I'm sure it will be a really funny video!

"But the highlight of the day for me was definitely the opportunity to do a couple of high jumps. That was always my best sport in school, and I haven't tried it since then. 1.45 m posed no problem at all, and neither did 1.55. But when I raised the bar another ten centimetres, my body said, 'You know what, brotha, even all my little Hulkamaniacs couldn't force me to get up and jump now.' (Why my body sounds like Hulk Hogan, I'll never know.). Too tired from last night's drinking and not enough sleep ? that's what I told myself, at least ? I could muster one proper jump but no more. Determined to clear the height later, I let it rest. For a while. After lunch, I felt ready to attack the bar again, and just barely missed. Kajsa Bergqvist, most likely the best female high jumper in the world came over to the mat. I was kind of nervous, not only because she has won virtually everything there is to win and is the current world record holder indoors (2.08 m), but also because I've always admired her. ;-) She gave me some helpful advice, and then I tried it again. Wouldn't you know it, I practically sailed over the bar (I touched it a little, but it stayed in place)! Clearing 1.65 m wearing stage clothes and only socks, I was quite proud of that effort! I have posted a video of one of the first jumps in the video section here on MySpace.

"After a really long day, we literally went straight from performing for the cameras to the taxi waiting to take us to the airport. The trip home was uneventful until we landed at Billund shortly before midnight. The GPS decided now was a good time to stop working. We drove aimlessly around the Danish country side in the middle of the night, waiting for Ms. GPS (yes, I have it set to a woman's voice rather than a man's) to come back to us. When she finally did, we had gone in exactly the right direction and had only to correct the course a little bit to end up back at the studio."
----
Your favorite band sucks.
25.07.2006 - 08:34
Svelte
Account deleted
I'm kind of disapointed here, not their best song, and the video wasn't good, too many sponsors. I mean, come on, johnson & johnson, and Nike? "metal" band? I don't think it fits.

Hits total: 3803 | This month: 15