‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 36  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Abougrej on 17.05.2006 at 13:10
One of the first bands that i have listened to. The Album Headstones is my favorite wonderful ambiance, great vocals.

So tell me what is your opinion about this band?

Page 2 of 2

Bad English
nobody

13.08.2007 at 13:19
Written by W-Lash on 13.08.2007 at 00:18

Written by Bad English on 12.08.2007 at 23:51

Written by W-Lash on 12.08.2007 at 23:14

Kariasakis, i don't fucking care about lyrics. Music is the most important part from the song. Lyrics come only after that. I listened Crimson Cosmos but i don't remember any song (can't say the same about other albums). That means it had nothing important in my point of view.
A friend of mine said that the new album is crap.

+{Radagast}+, maybe you like Neonai but it sounded like pop for me.

Wanna pop new Paradise Lost disco era albums are pop

I don't need that fucking pop.
The Neonai album was enough pop for me.

I didnt receved quote not
Me either I dont need pop in metal
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Moeror

10.11.2007 at 04:15
One of my favourite bands, especially their first four albums. They have their own atmosphere and its just great.
----
On the plain lies an angel, dead
Susan
Smeghead

15.12.2007 at 01:28
Moons and Mushrooms is indeed an amazing album. A personal favourite of 2007 It's slightly dark, slightly psychadelic.. recommended
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
BestMetalstormer

17.12.2007 at 16:10
I had owned this band's full length Forever Autumn, I would say thats good album. Forever Autumn is very good song. I think that album, Forever Autumn dont have psychedelic, though some progessive bit.
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

10.01.2008 at 16:29
Written by Susan on 15.12.2007 at 01:28

Moons and Mushrooms is indeed an amazing album. A personal favourite of 2007 It's slightly dark, slightly psychadelic.. recommended

And it's not so athmospheric as Black Brick Road. Every song in MAM kicks ass. Planet of The Penguins is amazing, and has a kickass title.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
Susan
Smeghead

10.01.2008 at 22:12
Yes! Planet of the Penguins is amazing.. a stand out track for me, too.

I've only listened to Black Brick Road a few times but MaM is far more enjoyable to me. Maybe BBR just needs to sink in more but MaM seemed far more moody and energetic.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
CreativeAngels
Account deleted
  11.01.2008 at 03:19
well i fisrt stumbled across LOT when i first joined this site many years ago, and was really drawn to their style, i decided to buy The Neonai, 2002 and fell in love with the enitre alumb, which is something i never can do i always skip a song or two .lol, but it was great , i recentely bought Moons and mushrooms, 2007 and i would recommend it too anyone who is a LOT fan
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

11.01.2008 at 22:43
Written by Susan on 10.01.2008 at 22:12

Yes! Planet of the Penguins is amazing.. a stand out track for me, too.

I've only listened to Black Brick Road a few times but MaM is far more enjoyable to me. Maybe BBR just needs to sink in more but MaM seemed far more moody and energetic.

Maybe you should try The Neonai, it's highly psychedelic, moody and energetic as you say... with a lot of electronic elements, it's an amazing album.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
Duy Hung
Account deleted
  11.01.2008 at 23:11
How about A Crimson Cosmos? It's a great album as well, actually IMO all Lake Of Tears albums are great
MetalMiker
Account deleted
  13.01.2008 at 02:37
Written by Renessanss on 23.05.2006 at 12:49

Lake Of Tears is one of the most distinctive bands out there, with their very own sound and lyrical stile.
First of all I usually don't find technically simple songs striking, but they have such power and charisma in their simplicity that I couldn't imagine them playing mindblowing solos or unorthodox and complicated rythms.
The same could be said about the lyrics, which are absolutely devoid of hard-to-understand expressions and braindamaging metaphores, yet they are perfect in their simplicity.

My personal favourite album is probably their latest release followed by "Headstones" and "Greater Art"

Keep making good music for years to come

I agree with this statement 100%... in fact I said that exact thing in an interview article I did a while ago. They somehow manage to be technically simplistic, but emotionally complex. There's something about their songs that have a great feel to them and makes them stand out from anything else out there.

This was the VERY FIRST band I had ever listened to and fell in love with and I owe them a lot. I agree with Headstones and Forever Autumn being their best albums. What's great about Lake Of Tears is that each album is something new, they continually progress and morph their style, which is very commendable in a band. I believe they've succeeded in their transformation on every album, although I'm personally not a big fan of The Neonai.

I love a lot of their songs, but I have to pick the song Eyes Of The Sky as a standout. The song is from Greater Art and it is absolutely brilliant. There's an amazing contrast between the heavy doom riffs and the poetic lyrics in the song. In my opinion, this is the best example of how Lake Of Tears manage to take any 2 song qualities and create something great out of it without having to be technically impressive like Dream Theater, for instance.
Lokomotiv
Übermensch

17.03.2008 at 07:30
I am a Lake Of Tears fan, I really love this band, the "blissfull depression" (yes, that exists!) of Headstones and their psychedelic later approach, but if there's an album I can't stand, that is Forever Autumn... can't really understand the buzz around that shit, it lacks the heaviness that gives consistence to the other LoT albums.
omjaimes
omjaimes

14.07.2008 at 23:43
one of a great metal ballad that I ever hear ..... Like a Leaf ... is amazing, the atmospheres, the voice... its only so deep, so inspirative
stationarytravel
stationarytravel

22.03.2011 at 05:49
New song... Pretty awesome! http://www.afm-records.de/en/news/news-635-Lake+Of+Tears.html
----
Great abundance of grief, prosperity of poverty and wealth of misery prevails

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.