Metal Storm logo
Lake of Tears

Original post

Posted by Abougrej, 17.05.2006 - 13:10
One of the first bands that i have listened to. The Album Headstones is my favorite wonderful ambiance, great vocals.

So tell me what is your opinion about this band?
13.08.2007 - 13:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by W-Lash on 13.08.2007 at 00:18

Written by Bad English on 12.08.2007 at 23:51

Written by W-Lash on 12.08.2007 at 23:14

Kariasakis, i don't fucking care about lyrics. Music is the most important part from the song. Lyrics come only after that. I listened Crimson Cosmos but i don't remember any song (can't say the same about other albums). That means it had nothing important in my point of view.
A friend of mine said that the new album is crap.

+{Radagast}+, maybe you like Neonai but it sounded like pop for me.

Wanna pop new Paradise Lost disco era albums are pop

I don't need that fucking pop.
The Neonai album was enough pop for me.

I didnt receved quote not
Me either I dont need pop in metal
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.11.2007 - 04:15
Moeror
One of my favourite bands, especially their first four albums. They have their own atmosphere and its just great.
----
On the plain lies an angel, dead
15.12.2007 - 01:28
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Moons and Mushrooms is indeed an amazing album. A personal favourite of 2007 It's slightly dark, slightly psychadelic.. recommended
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
17.12.2007 - 16:10
FOOCK Nam
I had owned this band's full length Forever Autumn, I would say thats good album. Forever Autumn is very good song. I think that album, Forever Autumn dont have psychedelic, though some progessive bit.
10.01.2008 - 16:29
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Susan on 15.12.2007 at 01:28

Moons and Mushrooms is indeed an amazing album. A personal favourite of 2007 It's slightly dark, slightly psychadelic.. recommended

And it's not so athmospheric as Black Brick Road. Every song in MAM kicks ass. Planet of The Penguins is amazing, and has a kickass title.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
10.01.2008 - 22:12
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Yes! Planet of the Penguins is amazing.. a stand out track for me, too.

I've only listened to Black Brick Road a few times but MaM is far more enjoyable to me. Maybe BBR just needs to sink in more but MaM seemed far more moody and energetic.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
11.01.2008 - 03:19
CreativeAngels
Account deleted
well i fisrt stumbled across LOT when i first joined this site many years ago, and was really drawn to their style, i decided to buy The Neonai, 2002 and fell in love with the enitre alumb, which is something i never can do i always skip a song or two .lol, but it was great , i recentely bought Moons and mushrooms, 2007 and i would recommend it too anyone who is a LOT fan
11.01.2008 - 22:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Susan on 10.01.2008 at 22:12

Yes! Planet of the Penguins is amazing.. a stand out track for me, too.

I've only listened to Black Brick Road a few times but MaM is far more enjoyable to me. Maybe BBR just needs to sink in more but MaM seemed far more moody and energetic.

Maybe you should try The Neonai, it's highly psychedelic, moody and energetic as you say... with a lot of electronic elements, it's an amazing album.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.01.2008 - 23:11
Duy Hung
Account deleted
How about A Crimson Cosmos? It's a great album as well, actually IMO all Lake Of Tears albums are great
13.01.2008 - 02:37
MetalMiker
Account deleted
Written by Renessanss on 23.05.2006 at 12:49

Lake Of Tears is one of the most distinctive bands out there, with their very own sound and lyrical stile.
First of all I usually don't find technically simple songs striking, but they have such power and charisma in their simplicity that I couldn't imagine them playing mindblowing solos or unorthodox and complicated rythms.
The same could be said about the lyrics, which are absolutely devoid of hard-to-understand expressions and braindamaging metaphores, yet they are perfect in their simplicity.

My personal favourite album is probably their latest release followed by "Headstones" and "Greater Art"

Keep making good music for years to come

I agree with this statement 100%... in fact I said that exact thing in an interview article I did a while ago. They somehow manage to be technically simplistic, but emotionally complex. There's something about their songs that have a great feel to them and makes them stand out from anything else out there.

This was the VERY FIRST band I had ever listened to and fell in love with and I owe them a lot. I agree with Headstones and Forever Autumn being their best albums. What's great about Lake Of Tears is that each album is something new, they continually progress and morph their style, which is very commendable in a band. I believe they've succeeded in their transformation on every album, although I'm personally not a big fan of The Neonai.

I love a lot of their songs, but I have to pick the song Eyes Of The Sky as a standout. The song is from Greater Art and it is absolutely brilliant. There's an amazing contrast between the heavy doom riffs and the poetic lyrics in the song. In my opinion, this is the best example of how Lake Of Tears manage to take any 2 song qualities and create something great out of it without having to be technically impressive like Dream Theater, for instance.
17.03.2008 - 07:30
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I am a Lake Of Tears fan, I really love this band, the "blissfull depression" (yes, that exists!) of Headstones and their psychedelic later approach, but if there's an album I can't stand, that is Forever Autumn... can't really understand the buzz around that shit, it lacks the heaviness that gives consistence to the other LoT albums.
14.07.2008 - 23:43
omjaimes
omjaimes
one of a great metal ballad that I ever hear ..... Like a Leaf ... is amazing, the atmospheres, the voice... its only so deep, so inspirative
22.03.2011 - 05:49
stationarytravel
Account deleted
New song... Pretty awesome! http://www.afm-records.de/en/news/news-635-Lake+Of+Tears.html
12.05.2020 - 09:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According do Daniel Brännare , Johan Oudhuis left band in 2017. Seems He and Mikael Larsson is only from firts line up. If you look at LpF tears FB Daniel shares weird demos from new band and last post was ''"It's ok, but more punk would be nice" - Ivan gives Studiomega a go.

The beginning of the end is soon about to start. With mr Silver at the rudder.''

It had been coming for quite some time. That final moment. It happened yesterday. It was kind of a serene ceremony. Johan, my brother in arms for so long now, broken by the burdens of life must put his focus and energy elsewhere.

So, that was it my friend. We always knew the day would come. And now it is already gone.

I'm glad the hole is big. That makes room for new big things.

The 9 songs I have will (most probably) be recorded and released before the end of the year. Quite a story to tell. Maybe the last one?

On a Lake of Tears-unrelated note. A demo is soon in the making, with some old friends. I guess it's about a month away ... or so.
----

apos;'
[image]
14.08.2020 - 20:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Daniel Brännare has leukemia

2 statements about it:

https://www.facebook.com/danielbrennare/posts/3181679488546786?__tn__=K-R

https://www.facebook.com/danielbrennare/posts/3181999478514787?__tn__=K-R
----

apos;'
[image]
31.08.2020 - 14:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
New album update:

Fellow cosmic sailors
The recordings are done, but due to unforseen cosmic events the mixing will take place at a later date (end of October/beginning of November).
db
Artwork by Vladimir Chebakov

----

apos;'
[image]
07.11.2020 - 14:04
Scary_Guy
LAKE OF TEARS - "Ominous" record session. Daniel Brennare and Christian Silver in studio.
09.11.2020 - 08:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Wow I am surprised, this is good sample, if whole album be like that, I me happy
----

apos;'
[image]
29.01.2021 - 08:56
Gothic Metalhead
Pro Introvert
They're one of my favorite gothic metal bands. Forever Autumn is one of the greatest albums I ever heard and coming from an album that's so mellow I never thought I get so hooked to this band. They're other album A Crimson Cosmos is another great album I liked. However, I am worried about some of the recent work released so far. So far, I don't hear them going back to their glory days, but nonetheless, Lake of Tears is still a great band.
29.01.2021 - 17:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gothic Metalhead on 29.01.2021 at 08:56

They're one of my favorite gothic metal bands. Forever Autumn is one of the greatest albums I ever heard and coming from an album that's so mellow I never thought I get so hooked to this band. They're other album A Crimson Cosmos is another great album I liked. However, I am worried about some of the recent work released so far. So far, I don't hear them going back to their glory days, but nonetheless, Lake of Tears is still a great band.

First 2 are their best IMO... this might be way below, only think is Daniel still are great poet.
----

apos;'
[image]
04.04.2021 - 22:53
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Only really been listening to them for just over a year now, and very impressed with the albums I've listened to so far. Crimson Cosmos is a very interesting one, it sounds trippy and gothic at the same time, which is strange but really works well, it has a bit of early 70s psychedelia about it.
I would say Forever Autumn is my favourite, I especially like the acoustic moments in that album, it's soft in most parts but has that dark depressing, gothic atmosphere that I love.
Headstones was the first album of theirs I listened to, and I really liked that one too, it had great songs on it, with nice melodies.
I've not listened to their later material yet, I hear it's not as good though.
22.05.2021 - 20:10
Thereck
What about Crimson Cosmos? It's a great album!