Metal Storm logo
Slayer - Album Tracklisting Revealed

Slayer's new album, "World Painted Blood", won't be out until October, but some folks have already heard it. Former Metal Edge editor-in-chief Phil Freeman is one of them. According to his track-by-track rundown, tracklisting of "World Painted Blood" will look like this:

01. World Painted Blood
02. Unit 731
03. Snuff
04. Beauty Through Order
05. Hate Worldwide [Listen]
06. Public Display Of Dismemberment
07. Human Strain
08. Americon
09. Psychopathy Red [Listen]
10. Playing With Dolls
11. Not Of This God

Freeman's final verdict reads as follows: "A lot of people say Slayer hasn't really been great since "Seasons in the Abyss". Those people are wrong. The Paul Bostaph years had a lot to recommend them ("Diabolus in Musica" is a seriously underrated album), and "Christ Illusion" showed that Slayer could experiment with dissonance and melody, and kick their own playing and songwriting up a notch when they wanted to. The band members have given a lot of interviews talking about how a lot of this album was written in the studio. Listening to it, you can't tell. That's really impressive. Much the way Metallica's "Death Magnetic" combined the thrash of their early years with the hard-rock grooves of their 1990s work, "World Painted Blood" builds on the success of every Slayer album before it. It's not a legacy-polishing effort; it's the next step in a still-ongoing journey. Highly recommended."

The complete song-by-song article of Slayer's tenth full-length album can be read here.

Source: music.msn.com
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 20.08.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 240 users
20.08.2009 - 21:59
Galar
Wicked Mung
Sounds cool maybe ill get it
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
20.08.2009 - 22:03
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Pretty hateful.. good..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.08.2009 - 22:39
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Does the track 'Public Display of Dismemberment' sound more like the title to a brutal death metal song to any of you? I'm just wondering.
21.08.2009 - 03:40
Kingface

Written by Guest on 20.08.2009 at 22:39

Does the track 'Public Display of Dismemberment' sound more like the title to a brutal death metal song to any of you? I'm just wondering.

I thought the same thing when I saw that song title!

Hope that this is a great album. I did quite like Christ Illusion (definitely more so than God Hates Us All) so hopefully they've built on that and taken it further.
21.08.2009 - 08:15
tulkas
el parcero
Hate Worldwide and Psychopathy Red sound great, and the review is really encouraging, so I'm convinced this will be a great album. I hope so
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
21.08.2009 - 09:10
-Morbid-

I like Psychopathy Red, but Hate Worldwide doesn't impress me much, although I still have high hopes for this album.
21.08.2009 - 10:05
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I was worried that Psychopathy Red would be the opening track, but it looks like something put in the middle of an overal chaotic album. Interested.

"The Paul Bostaph years had a lot to recommend them ("Diabolus in Musica" is a seriously underrated album)"
Nice to know someones else actually agress with me on this one.
21.08.2009 - 11:15
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I'lll get it if i've been drinking. and if its anything like death magnetic, i'll avoid it like rape.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
21.08.2009 - 11:49
Crème fraiche

Written by LeChron James on 21.08.2009 at 11:15

I'lll get it if i've been drinking. and if its anything like death magnetic, i'll avoid it like rape.

^^^^^
21.08.2009 - 14:21
Abattoir

Well these two songs sounds promising. I will probably get this album...
21.08.2009 - 15:25
terrorist

Not of this God i like the title very much,Well there's no doubt about slayer it's going to be standard thrash Slayer metal.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
21.08.2009 - 16:31
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Paradox0 on 21.08.2009 at 10:05
"The Paul Bostaph years had a lot to recommend them ("Diabolus in Musica" is a seriously underrated album)"
Nice to know someones else actually agress with me on this one.
Same here, whoo

Though going by his last lines, Freeman is probably just upset at reports this will be the band's final album. I doubt I'll be buying it any time soon, so thanks for posting the news - I took the free opportunity to hear Psychopathy and didn't know about the other, but now I can with that

edit 2 weeks later - damn, am I glad Psychopathy is on this album... Hate Worldwide sounds almost as bad as Ektomorf
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
21.08.2009 - 17:12
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well we just have to wait to listen the whole thing, surely it will be awesome
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
22.08.2009 - 21:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Ugh he compared it to Death Magnetic
22.08.2009 - 21:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Dangerboner on 22.08.2009 at 21:09

Ugh he compared it to Death Magnetic

Haha, it's a surprise for me that your the first one that maked a comment about that part.
I mean... If you want to make sure people have expectatives then don't compare it to Death Magnetic, seriously.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.08.2009 - 22:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well maybe there is a similarity:

Death Magnetic = hairy vagina cover
Slayer - "World Painted Blood"

hmmm interesting
22.08.2009 - 23:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
We have to see the artwork to confirm it
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.08.2009 - 20:21
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Average tracklisting. also really average songs... slayer should think about retirement... i really hope they prove me wrong...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
27.08.2009 - 23:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
People are wrighta ctualy Slayer hasnt re leased anything better how Seasons In The Abyss , non of leither labums isnt even close to other 80's but this 2 songs, well ok new Megadeth 2 songs is much better, but those aint bad to, maybe when I hear album I gonna like something from Slayer how Seasons album
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.08.2009 - 23:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 27.08.2009 at 23:50

People are wrighta ctualy Slayer hasnt re leased anything better how Seasons In The Abyss , non of leither labums isnt even close to other 80's but this 2 songs, well ok new Megadeth 2 songs is much better, but those aint bad to, maybe when I hear album I gonna like something from Slayer how Seasons album

Seasons In The Abyss is actually quite a bad album most of the later albums are better than their attempt at writing a commercially viable album
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.08.2009 - 23:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.08.2009 at 23:52

Written by Bad English on 27.08.2009 at 23:50

Seasons In The Abyss is actually quite a bad album most of the later albums are better than their attempt at writing a commercially viable album

I have hear all Slayer downloadet albums and I have Seasons , but mainly I like Seaons song from album, other dont know but this is one of rear 80's thrash bands what I dislike , name 20 I will like em all, but this I dont like
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 4723 | This month: 6