Metal Storm logo
Van Canto - Sign With Napalm Records

Official press release

The Napalm Records crew is happy to announce that Van Canto has joined its ranks. The German vocal acrobats signed a worldwide deal with the Austrian label and are currently working with Charlie Bauernfeind on their new album at the Blind Guardian Studios. The full-length will hit the streets in 2010. Fans may look forward to sweeping songs clad in the unique Van Canto sound. In addition, the band's first two albums ("A Storm To Come" and "Hero") will be released at the same time as their yet untitled new work.

Since 2006 Van Canto has been the scene's breath of fresh air, as they perform all of their songs a cappella with drums being the only other instrument at play. In this manner, the band can create unique and intriguing songs such as "The Mission" or "Speed Of Light", as well as reinterpretations of classic metal songs like "Battery", "Kings Of Metal", and "Fear Of The Dark". Furthermore, Van Canto is a veteran of the stage, having performed at various live encounters, e.g., Magic Circle Festival, and Wacken Open Air, to name but a few. An ever growing fanbase is living proof that innovation and tradition do not have to negate each other, but can instead give new impulses to a somewhat stalemate scene.

Source: napalmrecords.com
Band profile: Van Canto
Posted: 21.08.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 46 users
21.08.2009 - 19:28
YoreLore

Not...Metal...
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
21.08.2009 - 19:35
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by YoreLore on 21.08.2009 at 19:28

Not...Metal...

You are aware that you have Luca Turilli listed in your favorite bands right? Don't complain about anything not being metal. Van Canto kick ass. Especially live.
----
21.08.2009 - 21:27
Symmachus

That is a nice video. Also, Van Cantio is perfect for Napalm Records.
21.08.2009 - 21:51
tulkas
el parcero
I watched a video of a song, Speed of Light, and didn't like it. Kinda cheesy and crappy...
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
21.08.2009 - 22:19
YoreLore

Written by corrupt on 21.08.2009 at 19:35

Not...Metal...

You are aware that you have Luca Turilli listed in your favorite bands right? Don't complain about anything not being metal. Van Canto kick ass. Especially live.

Lol its funny when people do that "how dare you insult a band i like, i must look through all your bands and pick one out!!!"

Luca Turilli isnt metal? Ok then... lol.

If Britney Spears done covers of metal songs would she be put on the site too?
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
22.08.2009 - 10:03
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Written by YoreLore on 21.08.2009 at 22:19

Written by corrupt on 21.08.2009 at 19:35

Not...Metal...

Lol its funny when people do that "how dare you insult a band i like, i must look through all your bands and pick one out!!!"

Luca Turilli isnt metal? Ok then... lol.

If Britney Spears done covers of metal songs would she be put on the site too?

Yup. I'd do it for the community points.
22.08.2009 - 17:09
4look4rd
The Sasquatch

Not...Metal...

What makes you think Van Canto is not metal? It's often a good idea to try to prove your point then just randomly shout things
----
22.08.2009 - 18:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Maybe not trve metal, but indeed one of the most original and interesting project around .)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 3012 | This month: 4