Metal Storm logo
Portal - Complete Work On New Album

Profound Lore Records press release

Demented Australian death metal enigma Portal have completed work on their most unnerving and intense album to date. Entitled "Swarth", the new Portal album is another surreal, bizarre, and disturbing display of death metal psychosis. Like a fisting orgy hosted by Cthulhu, and ultimately, the death metal soundtrack to the end of the world.

Almost like the missing link between "Seepia" and "Outre", "Swarth" crawls and lurks through Portal's deranged use of counterpoint and dynamic yet inverted rhythmic shifts that create an unearthly suffocating and claustrophobic vibe where dissonant and meticulously constructed guitar mutations unconventionally melt and warp themselves into a feeling that conveys one of pure horror and total dread. Although this time more labyrinth and swarming-like, the visions of murk and bile that manifest from the horror that is "Swarth", paints a disturbing mind-numbing cinematic scenario of unease. Like an ancient silent art film gone terribly wrong, directed by someone who has managed to escape a Turkish prison and gone mad after many years of being subjected to torture and humiliation. Or a scenario akin to an ancient abandoned boarded up asylum where damp and rotting walls creak, leak, and have trapped the tortured ghosts of memory's past who have yet to be freed from the torment that will forever plague them. Of course the Lovecraftian presence, just like all other Portal releases, is ever apparent with "Swarth", its infectious tentacle-like character hovering like that powerful and ominous presence that has descended from the stars. A presence that we can only adhere to.

Tracklisting for "Swarth" [cover art] goes as follows:

01. Swarth
02. Larvae [.mp3]
03. Illoomorpheme
04. The Swayy
05. Writhen
06. Omenknow
07. Werships
08. Marityme

In other Portal related news, Profound Lore will be releasing the debut from Portal counterpart act Impetuous Ritual, featuring Portal drummer Ignis Fatuus on guitars and new Portal bass player Phathom Conspicuous. Their debut album, "Relentless Execution Of Ceremonial Excrescence" is like a mix between Incantation's "Onward To Golgotha" and Bestial Warlust's "Blood And Valour". This piece of blasphemous death metal chaos should pierce the light by year's end. Visit their myspace page HERE to hear a track off the upcoming full length.

And also Portal have been confirmed for next year's Maryland Deathfest (with other possible shows to happen Stateside) marking the band's first appearance on these shores where they will ignite the fires of chaos through their live ritual.

Look for "Swarth" to be released officially October 20th.

Source: profoundlorerecords.com
Posted: 22.08.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 56 users
22.08.2009 - 18:33
a MasT

That was the cheesiest set of words I've ever read....
22.08.2009 - 19:58
Sulvrot

Portal at Deathfest!?! I'm there already.
22.08.2009 - 22:40
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by a MasT on 22.08.2009 at 18:33

Cheesier than this set of words?

You're like a dictionary ... you add meaning to my life.
23.08.2009 - 00:40
Symmachus

I have been wanting to check out this band for a while; I liked the description of their upcoming album.
24.08.2009 - 01:26
Galar
Wicked Mung
I beileve im seeing them at maryland deathfest
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
25.08.2009 - 10:09
Throne Dweller

Passionate, more so. I like what they're doing, if only they'd have some all aged gigs I'd be able to see them in their hometown.
27.08.2009 - 05:14
a MasT

Written by Introspekrieg on 22.08.2009 at 22:40

Written by a MasT on 22.08.2009 at 18:33

Cheesier than this set of words?

You're like a dictionary ... you add meaning to my life.

na thats actually very beautiful

Hits total: 4290 | This month: 4