Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse - Australian Tour Sparks Outrage

The West Australian newspaper reported in its July 8 edition that Cannibal Corpse's October concert in Perth, Australia has sparked calls for the band to be banned over its alleged glorification of "child rape, suicide, murder and necrophilia" in its lyrics. Community groups have joined shadow police minister Rob Johnson in calling for Cannibal Corpse to be stopped from appearing at Club Capitol on October 10.

Cannibal Corpse, who played in Perth in 1995, has songs such as "Dismembered and Molested", and "Necropedophile", which details "the pleasure gained from killing, then raping, children." In the past 16 years, the group has released 14 albums, many of which are available at music stores throughout Perth.

Mr. Johnson [shadow police minister] said he was disgusted by the band's highly explicit songs. "They should be banned from appearing here," he said. "There is enough violence and youth suicide in West Australia already without any encouragement from awful groups like this. I feel sick at the thought of those lyrics being sung to the youth of WA." Australian Family Association vice-president Gillian Gonzalez said Cannibal Corpse have the most offensive lyrics she had ever seen. "They are absolutely vile and should not be allowed into the country" she said.

Attorney-Gerneral Jim McGinty did not comment on whether the group should be banned from playing and said outfits like Cannibal Corpse thrived off negative publicity.

Cannibal Corpse tour of Australia/New Zealand:

Oct. 03 - The Hifi Bar - Melbourne, AUS
Oct. 04 - The Gaelic Club - Sydney, AUS
Oct. 05 - The Arena - Brisbane, AUS
Oct. 06 - 420 - Auckland, NZ
Oct. 07 - Indigo Bar - Wellington, NZ
Oct. 09 - Fowlers Live - Adelaide, AUS
Oct. 10 - Club Capitol - Perth, AUS

The company planning the tour have made it official that Tasmanian Death Metal band Psycroptic and Western Australian Metallers Plague will be supporting Cannibal Corpse when they come to Australia. Ulcerate will be with them for the two New Zealand shows. Psycroptic have supported such acts as Cryptopsy in the past.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Cannibal Corpse
Posted: 19.07.2006 by Xtreme Jax

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 29   Visited by: 13 users
19.07.2006 - 19:56
Stigmatized
Cannibal Corpse cause outrage.......no way! You're kidding.....
19.07.2006 - 20:53
RavenLord

Heh heh...It's not the lyrics they should be worried about..it's the music! Suffocation ftw!
----
19.07.2006 - 20:58
SteTech

Quote:
There is enough violence and youth suicide in West Australia

You mean there are metalcore kids and emos in Australia as well?
19.07.2006 - 21:45
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
This is just another example of how people take shit way to seriously.
19.07.2006 - 22:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Damnit. People can be ignorant.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
19.07.2006 - 23:53
Metal 1986
Account deleted
Oh my!!! West Australia... TAKE YOUR PROZAK!!!

CANNIBAL CORPSE IS NOT GOING TO HURT ANYONE!!!
20.07.2006 - 00:38
CHiMO
Account deleted
However the crowd might
20.07.2006 - 00:58
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Written by SteTech on 19.07.2006 at 20:58

You mean there are metalcore kids and emos in Australia as well?

Yes, yes there are cyguy, as sad as it may seem...
20.07.2006 - 02:47
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 21:45

This is just another example of how people take shit way to seriously.

No joke, it's getting old.
20.07.2006 - 03:30
LethargyMan

Ooooh! Watch out for the Shadow Police Minister! He'll jump out at you from the the darkness and scare you!

What the Hell was Australia thinking when they made that? "Shadow Police" - so corny sounding...

BOO!

Oh. Also this whole situation is bullshit.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
20.07.2006 - 05:02
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
^ Haha, is a pretty crappy name 'Shadow Police'

Isnt it a choiceto what people listen to? Anyway they should check some of the bands we have down here in Tasmania. Some would put Cannibal Corpses lyrics to shame
----

Hellcunt Smurf
20.07.2006 - 08:44
Hyvaarin

Lol, by 'shadow police minister', they're referring to the police minister of the opposition political party, not the minister for some awesome force of ShadowPolice.

Everything about this issue makes me laugh - the idiocy of the people involved, and the fact that calls have been sparked "for the band to be banned" .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
20.07.2006 - 08:45
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Do any Australians watch a show called Chaser's War On Everything? On a recent episode, they were talking about the recent Cannibal Corpse controversy and so Andrew, who plays the piano played a couple of 'Corpse songs with clean vocals on his piano! It was the funniest thing ever!

I predicted that Psycroptic would support Cannibal Corpse though. They did the same for Cryptopsy, and they're one of Australia's biggest Death Metal bands. That info was from a bit of news I submitted, but Ivan figured it was easier just to put it on the end of this one :grin:

@LethargyMan, Xtreme Jax: Sigh, the Police Minister isn't called the Shadow Police Minister to sound scary or whatever, it's just what the Minister in the political party that isn't in government is called. At the moment the Liberal Party is in government, and Labour isn't. So Liberal's Police Minster is just called that, but Labour's is called the Shadow Police Minister. I thought you would've known that Xtreme Jax, lol.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
20.07.2006 - 08:52
Bullitt
Account deleted
Where did Psychroptic support Cryptopsy? It was Fuck... I'm Dead and Enforce in Melbourne.

But still, stupid stupid people. Get over it. It's music. Guess what? Nobody going hasn't heard them before. They know what they're in for. Douchebags.
20.07.2006 - 08:54
vhaldemar

a bigger band in the scene of metal
20.07.2006 - 10:02
marinBG

idiots! what else can you say...
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
20.07.2006 - 10:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Raiden on 20.07.2006 at 08:45

@LethargyMan, Xtreme Jax: Sigh, the Police Minister isn't called the Shadow Police Minister to sound scary or whatever, it's just what the Minister in the political party that isn't in government is called. At the moment the Liberal Party is in government, and Labour isn't. So Liberal's Police Minster is just called that, but Labour's is called the Shadow Police Minister. I thought you would've known that Xtreme Jax, lol.

Yes, yes people i know why there'd called Shadow Police Ministers, Haha. I learn all about that years ago ... I was just agreeing with the previous saying its a interesting name. SO QUIT IT!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
20.07.2006 - 11:18
supergirl
Account deleted
in my own country....they should be ashamed of themselves...fucking westies. melb tour looking rad but
20.07.2006 - 14:18
Savage Messiah
Metal Drummer
I am so going to the Auckland gig, will be fun to see people trying to stop a crowd of metalheads from watchin their band..
20.07.2006 - 14:36
Raiden
Down Under Staff
@Bullitt: Psycroptic and Fuck...I'm Dead supported Cryptopsy in Adelaide, and I think in other cities. Adelaide at least.

@Xtreme_Jax: Hehe, sorry man! I wasn't really having a go at you
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
20.07.2006 - 17:25
KryptoN
imperceptible

Andrew, who plays the piano played a couple of 'Corpse songs with clean vocals on his piano! It was the funniest thing ever!

Yeah, you can watch "Rancid Amputation" here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fc-V3NYckOI
One of the funniest things I've seen lately.
20.07.2006 - 18:08
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
The Infamous Shadow Police from the Netherworld will soon undermine the evil plans of Cannibal Corpse to cause more kids to kill themselves!

I dont get it.... Fuck... Im Dead is Austrailian and they are just as brutal, if not moreso, than Cannibal Corpse. I CC last wee and I didnt hear about any murders or suicides after the show...
20.07.2006 - 18:23
thingy13
Account deleted
OMG...like wtf is goin on....CC has touring everywhere and i dont see the problem. no complaints after those. suicides are natural causes because the world has now EMOS but yeah i really dont see the problem why to ban it
20.07.2006 - 22:34
LethargyMan

Sigh, the Police Minister isn't called the Shadow Police Minister to sound scary or whatever, it's just what the Minister in the political party that isn't in government is called. At the moment the Liberal Party is in government, and Labour isn't. So Liberal's Police Minster is just called that, but Labour's is called the Shadow Police Minister. I thought you would've known that Xtreme Jax, lol.

Ahh. I now cannot say that I have not learned something today. :

I thought it would have been something like that, though.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
21.07.2006 - 03:05
..ExoTeaR..

thats fucked for one and psycroptic will not be playing new zealand dates due to ridiculas plane ticket prices
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
21.07.2006 - 04:08
Lord Grim

Hahaha, that was a fun read. I was just like, "What Cannibal Corpse caused outrage?... Never ..." hahaha. Whatever, maybe Cannibal Corpse will make a song about them eating this Shadow Police Minister... Hahaha. Stupid people, fucking hell... The guys from Cannibal Corpse are actually intelligent, not fuckin' neanderthals. Maybe the lyrics are a little explicit, people need to chill the fuck out.
----
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary in life."
21.07.2006 - 09:00
King Antichrist
Account deleted
Haha that's hillarious.
I can't wait to see them, Melbourne show.
\m/
22.07.2006 - 00:52
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by KryptoN on 20.07.2006 at 17:25

Andrew, who plays the piano played a couple of 'Corpse songs with clean vocals on his piano! It was the funniest thing ever!

Yeah, you can watch "Rancid Amputation" here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fc-V3NYckOI
One of the funniest things I've seen lately.

That is comedy gold!
24.07.2006 - 14:43
Throne of Rats

See that may be funny to some but sucks for us Aussies they might get banned and that would be shithouse!!!
and
@Necromancer: Yeah the chasers is a absolute pissa I couldnt stop laughing when they did that thing. Stripped, Rapped and Strangled i belive it was..??
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!

Hits total: 10196 | This month: 16