Metal Storm logo
Paradise Lost - Third New Song And Video Online

Original news, posted on 28.08.2009

British gothic metal act Paradise Lost will release their highly anticipated new album "Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us" on Century Media Records on September 28, 2009 in Europe and October 6, 2009 in the US.

Now, "The Rise Of Denial", a brand new track from this landmark gothic metal opus has been posted at the band's redesigned MySpace site.

Guitarist Greg Mackintosh comments: "A classic PL song. This was the first song written for this album and the reason I decided to switch to 7 string guitars. It's almost like melodic, well structured grindcore. Dropping to 'A' really took this song in a different direction. It gives the song a kind of crushing, seething anger."

Vocalist Nick Holmes adds: "This song has a more 'old School' PL feel, particularly in the arrangement, and is definitely one of the most aggressive and instant tracks on the album. I find that aggressive vocals only work if the music is equally as aggressive and this is a good example. It was nice to write a song that ventures off musically for a few minutes before tying in at the end. A style we haven't done for quite some time. Lyrically this song deals with pushing problems away, burying one's head in the sand, something we all do at times I guess, but when people do it perpetually, it's a problem."

Also the title track of the album and another song called "As Horizons End" are available for streaming on the band's MySpace.

UPDATE (thanks to Abattoir)

"Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us", the new video from UK metallers Paradise Lost, has been made available online. The brand new video clip was created by Nathan T Heys / Link Productions.

"Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us" is the title track of the band's forthcoming album, which will be released on September 28 in Europe (October 6 in North America) via Century Media Records.

Source: paradiselost.co.uk
Band profile: Paradise Lost
Posted: 07.09.2009 by Gothickque

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 25 users
28.08.2009 - 14:59
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Nothing more to say except that this album may be one of THE BEST in 2009...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
28.08.2009 - 15:47
Skøllgrim
Northern
Written by Deadmeat on 28.08.2009 at 14:59

This sounds insanely good, I expect this to be my favourite record all year, also nice myspace design.
28.08.2009 - 15:54
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Skøllgrim on 28.08.2009 at 15:47

Written by Deadmeat on 28.08.2009 at 14:59

This sounds insanely good, I expect this to be my favourite record all year, also nice myspace design.

with this album imo PL are one of the few (if not the only one) big names which have managed to create music comparable to their glorious era.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
28.08.2009 - 16:25
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Im not sure if i like it yet... better to wait the full version for a fair veredict...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
02.09.2009 - 06:24
sonykov

The three tracks are awesome, CAN'T WAIT
07.09.2009 - 20:43
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
We have to do with a great new album but also with the most stupid videoclip a band has EVER created... i am not sure if this is PL's idea but if not it is a shame on them that they accepted it. it is at least disgusting...
----

Hits total: 2855 | This month: 5