Metal Storm logo
Revolution Renaissance - Sign With Napalm Records

Official press release

Sensational news to report: Revolution Renaissance has joined the Napalm Records ranks! The band's mastermind is none other than legendary songwriter and guitarist supreme Timo Tolkki, who has already carved his name in the book of Metal by writing timeless hymns for his former band Stratovarius.

With Revolution Renaissance he continues to take Symphonic/Melodic Metal fans by storm and presents the ever-growing fanbase with powerful riffs, sweeping melodies, catchy choruses, and a top notch production that makes even the tiniest detail audible. Since 2008, the band has released two successful longplayers with a third one currently in the works. More details cannot be revealed at this point in time, but fans can expect yet another masterpiece of Symphonic/Melodic Metal! The new album will hit the streets in 2010. Stay tuned for more info in the coming months!

Timo Tolkki: "I am very happy to start a co-operation with Napalm Records. They are an excellent company with strong promotional capabilities extending all the way to the US, where they have their own office. I'm looking forward to bringing my music to the Metal Fans with the help of this strong record label. I am also looking forward to bringing my story to the public in the form of an autobiography which will be released later this year."

Source: revolution-renaissance.com
Band profile: Revolution Renaissance
Posted: 29.08.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 100 users
29.08.2009 - 21:25
Uller

First!!

Great news for tolki
----
29.08.2009 - 21:27
gid

Haha, they sing with Napalm Records, do they? (Typo in the title)
29.08.2009 - 21:50
Lord_Regnier

This band sucks ass.
"Age Of Aquarius" is utter crap.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
29.08.2009 - 23:14
Enissa

Napalm Records is very good Label, but I dont think that this band deserve it after that Disaster (Age Of Aquarius)..... maybe if they had continued with the first album thing they would be much better.
29.08.2009 - 23:46
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
However, just lame, boring, and cheesy (I love cheesy things, but I this one, no thanks).
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
30.08.2009 - 00:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Daggon on 29.08.2009 at 23:46

(I love cheesy things, but I this one, no thanks).

we are two on that...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.08.2009 - 02:15
Thryce
Retired Staff
$10 Timo Tolkki wrote that whole press release full of crap himself.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
30.08.2009 - 10:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Thryce on 30.08.2009 at 02:15

$10 Timo Tolkki wrote that whole press release full of crap himself.

and what? if he did?
----

30.08.2009 - 12:02
gid

Written by Guest on 30.08.2009 at 01:41

Written by gid on 29.08.2009 at 21:27

Haha, they sing with Napalm Records, do they? (Typo in the title)

lol?

There was originally a typo in the title. Now it's been corrected it just looks like I'm illiterate.
30.08.2009 - 19:57
StratoDan1990

Napalm Records!!!?? Hahaha what next? A Folk Metal album featuring Korpiklaani or Finntroll?

They better do their next album right, so far they haven't been one of my all time favourites, although they are talented.
30.08.2009 - 23:01
Jon

Written by Irritable Ted on 29.08.2009 at 21:34

Quote "With Revolution Renaissance he continues to take Symphonic/Melodic Metal fans by storm and presents the ever-growing fanbase with powerful riffs, sweeping melodies, catchy choruses...."

More like he continues to bore fans with his stories of how much he hates Stratovarius, even though he says he is over it, yeah right.

As for a book, a whole book of him moaning, can you imagine. No thank you.

How about concentrating on recording an album faster and more bombastic than the last one which was boring.

What happened to the Project Strato thing, or was that more ramblings of Tolkki?

Couldn't agree more. Timo Tolkki tires me. The only worthwhile RR songs were the ones on New Era that were written for Stratovarius. The latest album is yawn-tastic. Apparently project Strato IS happening (check Metal From Finland) btu I don't think it will be a fitting sequel to Dreamspace, probably just more mid-tempo '80s revival crap.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
30.08.2009 - 23:46
Symmachus

Wow, Revolution Renaissance is already working on their third studio album, yet they only formed last year. That is something to think about.

Also, I guess Timo Tolkki is writing a book now. I certainly hope he doesn't put his face on the book's cover, because that is way overdone with autobiographical books. As if I would be interested in this, I don't know about that.
31.08.2009 - 00:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well "one year - one album" rule...whats wrong with that

noone ever beats Luc Mertz (check all his side projects too) in production activity anyway
----

31.08.2009 - 00:56
juanopereira

"powerful riffs, sweeping melodies, catchy choruses, and a top notch production that makes even the tiniest detail audible."

I didn't hear anything of that in their last album.

Hits total: 3169 | This month: 7