Metal Storm logo
Festival Wristbands: Keep On vs Take Off

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 30.08.2009 - 22:32
So here's the thing - you've just had a fantastic time at a festival, and you have a wristband around your wrist that brings back all those lovely memories every time you look at it.

Plenty of people keep them on, you can always see people at festivals with an arm of wristbands. They are a constant reminder of some of the fun you've had in your life, and they are also let you show off every once in a while if you meet someone who cares.

Most people probably take them off though. After all they don't want to make them dirty or risk ruining them. They can also be a constant annoyance on your wrist.

If you've been to festivals, have you kept yours on or taken them off? Of if you were to go to a festival, would you keep it on, or take it off?

I have seven on my wrist at the moment. I've been to eleven open air festivals that have done wristbands, but some have given out plastic ones - and they really can't be kept on. I've got to the point now where I probably should take them off, but I can't bring myself to do it. I wouldn't want to cut the material either - the ones that fasten with metal (like Wacken) leave no other option though. I still find it great to look down to my arm and be reminded of all these festivals, and I don't find them that annoying - but it is getting a bit much now, so they probably will be off by the end of the year. (If I read this next year and they are not off - ha! and hello 2010.)

Poll

Do you, or would you - keep them on, or take them off?

Take Off
Keep On

Total votes: 50
05.09.2010 - 19:04
F0rang3l

Of course, I take them off. Most of them are uncomfortable and don't last that long after the festival. Only the memories remain.
----
For there is a purpose and reason
Beyond all human apprehension
The shrieking silence in the blackness of space
06.09.2010 - 04:55
Culty

I've only been to one festival and they didnt give out wristbands.I woulda kept it on if they gave it to me. But the problem is that I know i would get pissed off and annoyed by it two days later. So i voted take off despite the fact that it seems like it would be pretty awesome to have a ton of wristbands on your arm.
----
Gfnttlr
15.09.2010 - 01:39
Vunts

A year ago, I would have voted "keep on". I think I had my Hard Rock Laager festival wristband equipped for 2 months, after which it finally came off on it's own while I was showering. But right now, I just feel weird keeping that kind of band on. I still keep em in my cupboard, but wearing them any longer than when I have recovered from my hangover feels wrong. Kinda posery, like "ooh, look at me, I went there. Look, LOOK!!!".
15.09.2010 - 03:23
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Is it even possible to keep them on for more than a day? how can u shower while they're not and not get wet and torn apart ?
unless you dont shower daily, and that's a whole other issue
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
15.09.2010 - 12:15
Vunts

Quality wristbands, that's what it is! I mean, sure, I don't scrub on the particular location of my hand that has the band on it, but the wristbands here are meant to endure rain, swimming and other sorts of wet activities, so unless forcibly removed, I haven't gotten rid of a single one yet!
17.09.2010 - 21:56
Krankheit
Account deleted
Take off, after a while they become uncomfortable.
27.09.2012 - 14:49
BlueHeart

I have friends that keep their festival bands on for ages but as soon as I get home I probably have it on for another day or 2 and then it's cut off and kept with all my other bands and tickets.
10.03.2013 - 03:48
skrog1

I'm a nerd when it comes to collecting things but not wristbands. I'd rather collect tickets (autographed, preferably) and guitar picks.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
25.05.2013 - 03:07
DorZinger

Hi guys soory for make the post jump, i not taking mine off, ihave right know graspop metal meeting 2011 and 2012 (cause sonisphere Bucharest 2010 didn't have normal wristband!!!! )
GMM 2011 was very hard special and what not fest for me and im looking to buy the graspop metal meeting 2011 combi wrist band ,the one that you get for three days and camp.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/Firewolf13/Graspop%202011/P1010156.jpg

this is the best pic i found,the low arm, grey wristband white lettring graspop metal meeting and back "splash"
looking but this one in a good condition thank for helpers
25.05.2013 - 21:45
Sinfonia

I keep them on. I don't think they are uncomfortable.
----
When there is a voice recalling, when a whisper is resounding
When a feather's grazing you again, you start traveling with your mind.