Metal Storm logo
Arcturus - Reunion In The Making?

After being dissed by Dimmu Borgir last weekend - [Link] - vocalist Simen "ICS Vortex" Hestnæs' webmaster has revealed the man's future plans:

"I think that now is the right time to post some news on the future music plans of ICS Vortex.

Simen will have a meeting with Lamented Souls in mid September to plan a new release and a few gigs in Norway. There is another meeting also planned with Arcturus members to discuss about the future of the band and a possible reunite. Nothing's for certain yet but keep visiting back the page as more announcements will take place about Simen's projects in the very near future!"

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Arcturus
Posted: 01.09.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 57   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 365 users
01.09.2009 - 19:24
Elio
Red Nightmare
YES PLEASE!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.09.2009 - 19:28
MetalSpider
I hope they reunite!!!!!!!!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
01.09.2009 - 19:32
silenius
Awesome,just awesome:D
01.09.2009 - 19:32
Dargor
That's was I first thought after reading that sad news about Mustis and Vortex
01.09.2009 - 19:48
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Cool news, just when I was thinking to check them out in the near future
----
loves 小巫
01.09.2009 - 19:54
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
With this news who would care now about Dimmu!!! Even if I love Dimmu, Arcturus are way superior! Seems like a reunion is quite possible. Vortex has a future, even without Dimmu, he has a great voice, and with that, he can do whatever he wants to.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
01.09.2009 - 19:58
Jon
Written by Guest on 01.09.2009 at 19:47

It would be cool if Arcturus will re-unite with Vortex but even cooler with Garm

You're damn right mate. I would love another album that could live up to La Masquerade Infernale, or my favourite, The Sham Mirrors. Would be very excited by any reunion prospects however, as I thought I was going to have to live without any future discs from Arcturus. We can rely on Vortex now to make some sort of appearance with his awesome voice and, let's be honest, fairly decent bass-playing, sooner than we would had he stayed in the Dimmu fold.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
01.09.2009 - 20:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
It would be a shame if Arcturus reunited with Vortex. Cause their last album where Vortex did all the vocals was their worst by far. Totally forgettable.
Now, if we could go back to the times of The Sham Mirrors or La Masquerade INfernale vocalwise now thta would be great. Garm is vastly superior to Vortex.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.09.2009 - 20:07
Jiri
Reunite with Garm!!!
01.09.2009 - 20:14
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
HELL YES FUCK YEAH METAL SHIT FUCKING FUCK YEAH HELL SHIT FUCK !!!!!!

As you can see, I'm a bit happy with the news ...
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
01.09.2009 - 20:19
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
HELL YEAHH .. thats will be the best news for the year ..
01.09.2009 - 20:34
warrior_of_ice
OH BOY! Arcturus returning is amazing news!!!:banger:
01.09.2009 - 20:57
Gino
YES
01.09.2009 - 21:02
Njord
njord
Arcturus returning is undoubtedly one of the the best news of the year.
01.09.2009 - 21:05
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Reunion with Garm for the fucking win! >:[
01.09.2009 - 21:19
thesabbathfan
FUCK. YES!
----
01.09.2009 - 21:22
epidemia
Dont worry...he won't disappear
01.09.2009 - 21:24
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I'm so happy
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
01.09.2009 - 21:34
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
AH YES F*KK!! If Arcturus is here again, I'll like the fact that Dimmu Burger dismissed Vortex huhu
01.09.2009 - 21:37
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Oh crap! That would be sweet.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
01.09.2009 - 21:42
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I think I'm the 987398763214th person to say this but FUCK YEAH! (even if it isn't with garm)
01.09.2009 - 21:47
ioannisk
YES! I KNEW IT! well done! i like arcturus more than dimmu..and Vortex is one of the best metal voices out there!! new album, new album, new album (forgive my childish reactions but i'm very, very happy )
01.09.2009 - 22:06
Got Mayhem?
WEll this made my day..YES!
----
01.09.2009 - 22:09
Zeleznk
Something great may come out of this Dimmu Borgir thing
----
()...()
:0,,0:
01.09.2009 - 22:33
Galar
Wicked Mung
Omgomgomgomg YES

Althought its not certian...

OH MY FUCKIN GOD
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
01.09.2009 - 23:02
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well the news says: "There is another meeting also planned with Arcturus members to discuss about the future of the band and a possible reunite."

It doesn't say which members will be on this meeting, so maybe Garm will be there too, It would be great to have the whole Arcturus crew reunited.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
02.09.2009 - 00:17
Devilspeed
Arcturus > Dimmu
02.09.2009 - 01:24
Symmachus
I am about to go in capitalized shouts of glee, which I don't usually do on the internet. I just thought that I wanted to say that before I did that. Now, for the cheers:

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! YYESSEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYES! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYESSEEEEEEEEEEES! YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!

Arcturus is such an awesome band. If they are to reunite, that would be so epic, no matter who is involved.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!
02.09.2009 - 01:25
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Oh fuck that is possibly good news, i got into the band too late (just after they toured Australia), and id love to see them live.

REUNITE!!!!
02.09.2009 - 01:35
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Arcturus with ICS Vortex, now that's the Arcturus I like : and I think he's off way better without the jerks in DB (sorry Enthroned Darkness Tiumphant, I cherish you with all my heart, but gosh I hate Shagrath nowadays....).
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.

Hits total: 12577 | This month: 14